Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 02:00 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,159,885 times

Advertisements

I say, they put MJ and GG in a cage and let them fight it out. Both are utterly annoying.... MEOW!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 02:29 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Did you hear Reza speaking on the way to the horse race about how Persians do not like to sit in crowds with the common people as they much prefer box seating. Who does he think he is?
Yep heard it thought the same thing recently I heard one of them saying something about not liking white people too. That perked my ears up because we are not to be prejudice but other races in America can.

Mike is getting on my nerves especially after the ring shopping episode how can he be wanting to put a ring on it when he doesn't even have a down payment for one? He's all about the bling just like the rest of them Asa too. I've noticed she is not mentioning her Jackson family bf but I did see LaToya at her diamond water party

Old 01-17-2014, 08:36 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
I like Mike although he's a brat who lives in a dream world. Anyone who becomes GG's friend is taking a risk. I think the characters in this show make it interesting because they are so outlandish. Reza sounds as if there are no Persians who live in poverty. When the show began, I didn't think I would want to watch it, but somehow, it sucked me in. LOL

Old 01-17-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I like Mike although he's a brat who lives in a dream world. Anyone who becomes GG's friend is taking a risk. I think the characters in this show make it interesting because they are so outlandish. Reza sounds as if there are no Persians who live in poverty. When the show began, I didn't think I would want to watch it, but somehow, it sucked me in. LOL
Well it is fixin' to suck me out all the drama in these Bravo shows I've been cutting the cord one by one. Shahs seem to be the next one to clip starting to see racism to many times just like MJ saying at the race track that white guy would do "for now but only for now". The stupidest part is none of them were raised or went to school anywhere but in the good ole USA CA style.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:57 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,859,776 times
Really enjoyed the latest episode with them in Turkey.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:06 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
I enjoyed this episode as well. I loved the part of Asa and her mother reuniting with their family who they haven't seen in 27 years! Part 2 is next week and I'm looking forward to it.

I just don't get the part with Reza saying "I was a prisoner but now I am free". He's been living in Beverly Hills almost his entire life! I think he said he came here at 8 years old? Maybe 10? He's been free his entire life!! (that doesn't make me stop loving him, though! I really love Reza!)

Old 01-29-2014, 09:41 PM

I enjoyed seeing Turkey too but mostly enjoyed not seeing arguing going on. Mike's reactions were a little odd to me but at least he admitted to the others.

The bag of dirt was pretty cool.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
I also enjoyed part 1 of the visit to Turkey (I've been twice to Istanbul, and it is an amazing place to visit).

I was very pleased for Asa (my favorite of the bunch) getting to meet with her relatives. I was also rather pleased that the others left the family reunion after a bit, to let Asa and her mother really enjoy the moment in privacy.

GG said something interesting: that she had been to Iran several times. Of course, Asa and Reza act like if they step foot in Iran they will be instantly arrested (which could be true, if their family were, for instance, closely attached to the late Shah).

A few more thoughts:

Reza: I believe that there is a pretty active gay community in Istanbul (so I read in a guidebook); I doubt you were in the immediate danger you claimed if the surrounding people (including the thousands of tourists) suddenly detected you were gay. No doubt, out in the countryside (such as the more eastern areas of Turkey) it would be unwise to reveal your sexual orientation.

Asa: how could you not know that in many Mosques throughout the Muslim world women are separated from the men? Also, the Blue Mosque is not quite as old as you were thinking: built in early 1600s. Now, Saint Sophia (now a museum) was built in 537 A.D. I am still stunned at how they were able to build such a wonder back then.

Cats: there are indeed many cats in Istanbul running around free. I believe I walked by the same place where Reza was charmed by the felines. Interestingly, for centuries Istanbul was known for its large population of stray dogs (who had served the same purpose as the cats do now, keeping down the rodents). Mark Twain wrote of them, for example, in Innocents Abroad.

On my brief visits to Istanbul I certainly saw women completely covered, but they were the exception, rather than the rule. However, perhaps in the five years since I last visited more are wearing the outfit.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:25 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
I like their trip to Turkey. It is nice for Asa to get to see some relatives. Why didn't some of these others that have come contact their relatives as well and have them come meet them in turkey?

I think Reza is being kind of dramatic about being a prisioner in his country and all the drama about if the people around him knew he was gay would they stone him to death.

What I REALLY noticed was GG. She was quiet and respectful, quite a difference.

Mike is feeling very alienated by the whole thing, the people, the religion, the country. He should just try to enjoy the trip and not get so caught up in his own drama.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:18 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,859,776 times
ugh... MJ's mom is just awful. Congrats Adam and Reza! That scene with Lily was so sad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV