Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 04:28 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
What is it with the drinking on these shows.. If you want to drink - go on Bravo!!! Haha

Also - what's so special with the Shahs, that they get to sit around a fancy table, with food for their reunion? Stuck up's is what...
I agree. Bravo does promote drinking and I do not like it.

The food is a cultural thing. I think it is cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 08:54 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I do not understand how they can speak to each other like that and then say I love. I do not like that kind of love.

I am glad that Reza and Asa called Lilly out on her shallow behavior. I hope she does not return to the show. She is not interesting and adds no value.

Gigi has serious issues. I am not sure what will soften her.

Mike is a big kid. He has no desire to marry. The girl needs to move on.

I am not sure what happened between Reza and MJ but he has certainly been loyal since.

I do love the cultural aspect of this show. Did you see that spread?

Reza and MJ are BFFs regardless of their low-down, dirty fights and will be forever intertwined with one another. Do you remember in season 1 when Reza was explaining how, when he and MJ were teenagers, they were getting ready to go somewhere. They were at MJs house and they had to take showers. Well, they ended up taking a shower together and one thing led to another and next thing you know, they were having sex on MJs bed. Yes, they both knew he was gay at the time but I guess ya do what ya gotta do.

I don't know if you caught it or not, but I thought MJ looked VERY disappointed/sad when Reza proposed to Adam. I felt like she might have been hoping eventually she and Reza would eventually be together --- even if not in a romantic relationship but somehow together.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:33 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Reza and MJ are BFFs regardless of their low-down, dirty fights and will be forever intertwined with one another. Do you remember in season 1 when Reza was explaining how, when he and MJ were teenagers, they were getting ready to go somewhere. They were at MJs house and they had to take showers. Well, they ended up taking a shower together and one thing led to another and next thing you know, they were having sex on MJs bed. Yes, they both knew he was gay at the time but I guess ya do what ya gotta do.

I don't know if you caught it or not, but I thought MJ looked VERY disappointed/sad when Reza proposed to Adam. I felt like she might have been hoping eventually she and Reza would eventually be together --- even if not in a romantic relationship but somehow together.
They are two peas in a pod. I've always thought she's been on some hardcore downers because of the way she acts. She even blinks her eyes slower than normal. There's definitely something "different" about her.

She and Reza both have some major demons and I think that's what connects them. I noticed her reaction but I thought she was just slow on the uptake again...and probably disappointed that she.didn't know beforehand.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:40 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
I don't think it was because she didn't know beforehand. I honestly think she's disappointed that he's marrying his boyfriend. I think on some level, somehwere in her mind, she thought she and Reza would end up together.

What else was strange about her was that when they were in Turkey and someone asked her if she wants to have a child and she got overly upset. Well, she's 42 (I guess 41 at the time of the filming)... you didn't realize until then that you wanted to have a child?!?!? Usually, when a woman is younger, they know they want to have a child. If they are successful (as she is in her real estate biz), they will just have one on their own without a man. She said she never wanted to have kids and then realized she wanted to have one when the person asked her (was it Reza or Asa?)

Old 02-22-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I don't think it was because she didn't know beforehand. I honestly think she's disappointed that he's marrying his boyfriend. I think on some level, somehwere in her mind, she thought she and Reza would end up together.

What else was strange about her was that when they were in Turkey and someone asked her if she wants to have a child and she got overly upset. Well, she's 42 (I guess 41 at the time of the filming)... you didn't realize until then that you wanted to have a child?!?!? Usually, when a woman is younger, they know they want to have a child. If they are successful (as she is in her real estate biz), they will just have one on their own without a man. She said she never wanted to have kids and then realized she wanted to have one when the person asked her (was it Reza or Asa?)
I don't think she's that diluted. Maybe she hoped they'd end up old spinsters together, but not as a couple.

I didn't get her meltdown about kids either. It's a little late for her to worry about that, but maybe that's the reason. She did say she never thought she wouldn't have a choice. She's been stunted since her parents divorced and her mother treats her horribly. I imagine she has a lot of growing up to do - maybe realizing she does want a family is part of that.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I don't think she's that diluted. Maybe she hoped they'd end up old spinsters together, but not as a couple.
Deluded, not diluted. Funny.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:

I caught it. She definitely had mixed emotions. Adam has a kind spirit about him. The marriage will not change their relationship. However, I think MJ is worried because she has not met mister right. Maybe she can have a baby with Reza. How interesting that would be.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:

I do not recall. However, I feel MJ was not given a fair shake. Her mother is a terrible human being. How can you develop healthy relationships with a mother like that? MJ needs Reza but I think she has a pill problem. She is a sad lady.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post

I didn't get her meltdown about kids either. It's a little late for her to worry about that, but maybe that's the reason. She did say she never thought she wouldn't have a choice. She's been stunted since her parents divorced and her mother treats her horribly. I imagine she has a lot of growing up to do - maybe realizing she does want a family is part of that.
I actually got it. Every one reacts to situations differently. MJ is more fragile than she lets on. I think we got to meet the real MJ. She probably saw what could have been when she looked at the child.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:38 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
I think MJ maybe had a fantasy of one day being with Reza. I think at the least she is sad about the engagment because Reza would probably be moving forward with his life and leaving her alone. I think we have all known people when we were single and as soon as the friend got married it changed our relationship completely, usually not for the good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV