Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 01:37 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times

Advertisements

If they continue with the fast talking they will lose some viewers who really want to watch.
If you don't know what they are talking about, how long can you watch?
I can't read that fast either but they don't even stop after a sentence so how could the captions be correct even if you could read that fast?
Oh well, hope they slow it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I talk that fast
I lived in Olympia, WA, for awhile for a very demanding job I had. People I didn't even know would reference that I was from "back East." Once I said to a man in the building where I was renting, "How do you know I'm from back East?" He replied, "Because you're so hyper and you talk so fast."

But seriously, my perception of them is that they must have tranquilizers in their water. I was able to pay top dollar for business-related things I needed, but nobody I met ever did anything in the quickest way possible. Once I needed a U.S. post office and asked FIVE natives before I found one who knew! One woman said to me, "I don't know. They bring the mail to my house." Seriously, your life is so limited you've never needed a post office before?!

I will say they had good restaurants. Since it's the state capital, there's a lot of expense account dining going on.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
I thought it was fun. It could become a real guilty pleasure.

I wasn't the least bit surprised that she believed the president - first, she is clearly still totaly into him and second, she's "all that" compared to the mousy intern. She's thinking "well, of course he would cheat on his wife for me, but for that?"

Anyway, not sure why but it made me miss "Lie to Me" all over again.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
"Lie To Me".

They did the fast talking again! I was thinking maybe people on the stock Exchange talk like that. I did miss a couple of words here and there last night. They had been talking "normal" and my ears were not geared up to listening to that hyper talk!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:24 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times
I will probably continue watching but I ended up doing other things half way through it last night and just listened in the background. It's not that gripping for me.

I did like Lie to Me and wish it was still on.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I will probably continue watching but I ended up doing other things half way through it last night and just listened in the background. It's not that gripping for me.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but it does seem good shows tend to die on FOX. I mean I LOVED Chicago Code more than any show I've seen in years. Dead. There was one with Mark Valley called Human Target that I enjoyed too. Dead. What's up with that?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:51 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post

I fell asleep during part because my brain hurt from trying to listen and my eyes hurt when I tried to read.

I did catch something though. Shonda who created Greys Anatomy and Scandal had characters from both her shows say almost the same line 1 hour apart.
"You/she are?was the love of my life"
First time it was nice, by the time I heard it in Scandal and since I was in pain because of her, I just closed my eyes.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but it does seem good shows tend to die on FOX. I mean I LOVED Chicago Code more than any show I've seen in years. Dead. There was one with Mark Valley called Human Target that I enjoyed too. Dead. What's up with that?
I never thought of that before, but you're right. I loved that cop comedy called Good Guys (with Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks) and it just disappeared. I think it was hurt by the unmemorable title (why can't networks understand that ... I'm convinced it killed Terriers which was a great drama NOT about dogs).

I liked Lie to Me, too. But I fear we're in for a lot more fantasy before we get back to gritty, serious drama with no vampires, devils, angels, telepathy, UFOs, dragons, exorcisms, double-lives, zombies, togas, third-eyes, post-nuclear disasters, or raptures.

Last edited by Jukesgrrl; 04-13-2012 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-13-2012, 07:48 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Love this show! She's super cool!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:30 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
If they continue with the fast talking they will lose some viewers who really want to watch.
If you don't know what they are talking about, how long can you watch?
I can't read that fast either but they don't even stop after a sentence so how could the captions be correct even if you could read that fast?
Oh well, hope they slow it down.

After half way through the first episode the fast-talking seemed to subside. I did not notice it at all in the second episode.

Decent show overall for network tv... I'll keep watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV