Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 02:52 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
Lots of speculation that Ashley is faking her injury. She was hobbling around for two days and then all of a sudden yesterday afternoon she was fine to play in the POV? She did say she has had two cortizone shots this week. Although with a husband who has had 3 major back surgeries, I can understand how painful it can be, so who am I to say?

Another interesting tidbit I have picked up. Danielle is an LPN, not an RN, as she has lead everyone to believe. On another web site somebody posted a copy of her registration with the Alabama Board of Nursing as proof. Apparently there are a lot of Danielle haters out there and lots of reports of what a major liar she is. Who to believe?
Hmm. Well I read somewhere that she worked at a geriatric hospital or something. Really when it comes to staff at those places and nursing homes, they can't get RNs because they cost to much. CNAs and LPV/LVNs and you can pay the squat. They have doctors then people who can get a certification quick and call themselves a "nurse".

Danielle did say in the first episode that they didn't need to know she was working on THREE degrees. I was like huh. This was after she announced she was a kindergarten teacher.

I was like ok so she's getting her masters in nursing? So that's one so what else could she be working on because saying 3 degrees makes no sense because she made it sound concurrent.

Maybe she got her RN and is now getting her BSN. That's still 1 degree and you can't move higher until you get one done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 05:15 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,591,830 times
If Alabama is anything like Arizona, the nursing board will show what licenses you have. All she has at the moment is LPN which anybody can get in about a year. RN is about 2 years and BSN is a 4 year degree, so maybe she is working on those now? Pretty sure I read she is working in a nursing home. My daughter started out as a CNA, got her EMT license, has graduated with her BSN and now has decided to go for either a PA or Nurse Practioner, so we are very familar with what is involved with this. Regardless of what Danielle is or what degree she has, it still takes a special person to work in that field and my hat is off to all who do.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:20 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,784 times
According to her linkedin she has her associates in nursing which is an RN and she just earned or is almost finished with her bachelors in just general science.

So she does have her RN

Not all nurses have their BSN. Every other woman you meet in America goes "I'm back in school for nursing" and 90% are at a community college or in a university/nursing program to get their associates and then they'll get licensed to be an RN.

RNs and BSNs make the same. RNs just can't move up management wise or degree wise without the BSN. But what $35h/r. Just get the RN and be done if it's a change of career at a certain age I think.

I applaud nurses but IMO they put up with too much crap for IMO chump change. The same with teachers. It's sad they get paid next to nothing for putting up with other people's kids and stuff. Yet we pay these reality TV socialites and "stars" millions for doing nothing. Taking people's blood, wiping asses, getting vomited on, putting up with cranky people in beds, annoying families, etc. You should at bare minimum be making $100k. Not $40-50k. That's wrong the same with teachers.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:04 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,871,538 times
Whenever they bring back former houseguests like they did last season they also fill up the rest of the house with people who aren't as bright. I think Ian is the only newbie who has a shot at winning. Joe, Jenn, Ashley are taking up space in the house. I think production already knows who they want to win. I bet they want a Boogie/Dan showdown at the end.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:19 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Whenever they bring back former houseguests like they did last season they also fill up the rest of the house with people who aren't as bright. I think Ian is the only newbie who has a shot at winning. Joe, Jenn, Ashley are taking up space in the house. I think production already knows who they want to win. I bet they want a Boogie/Dan showdown at the end.
I think their choices would involve Frank/Dan/Boogie/Shane/Ian. I think Ian has a great shot at winning the $25K America's Choice.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:35 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Ian, Americans Choice and Winner of Big Brother. Kid could use the money... Wishful thinking ~

Old 08-13-2012, 02:27 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,638 times
I just hope someone comes to their senses and is talked into putting up Dan or Boogie. I'm so tired of people saying, "We need them for later," "We need their votes", "It's too early," etc. Pull a Janelle and get out the stronger players immediately! If I was Jenn or Ashley, you bet I'd be hoping to become HOH and do just that, because they have absolutely no chance.

I thought I'd like Jenn, but she is the ultimate floater. I would love to see this game play and this strategy I've heard her mention. Right now, a fly on the wall would be more interesting.

At least Ashley has personality...as dumb as she comes off...she's laughable. But that Jenn....someone light a fire in her, please!!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:32 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,833,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I'm so tired of people saying, "We need them for later," "We need their votes", "It's too early," etc.
^^ This ^^

Because what invariably happens is that a few episodes later, someone will lament "Why didn't we vote him/her out when we had the chance?"

Old 08-13-2012, 05:47 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
^^ This ^^

Because what invariably happens is that a few episodes later, someone will lament "Why didn't we vote him/her out when we had the chance?"
You could argue Janelle is that person though. Or was at least.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 AM

5,515 posts, read 7,107,963 times
Didn't they mention an evicted houseguest was going to have a chance to return to the game? You know that the contest will be tailored for Janelle to win. I would love to see her back in the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV