Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM

3,984 posts, read 5,013,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
They did have one winter season during the writers strike
YEP! I was thinking about that winter season - it was the only time they had two in one year. They were always naked on that one...wasn't that one with Chelsea and James? They actually "did it" all over the house...no shame, no modesty...let's get busy under any covers we can find. It was pretty steamy at times...James running around the back yard naked as all get out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 04:25 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,374 times
Well tomorrow is the big day in BB world...the show finally comes to an end. I sure hope it is worth my time to turn on the tv at 8:30 pm my time zone (central), unlike last Sunday who so many of us were disappointed in the rerun garbage

I love Dan's game however, I don't think he deserves to win since he had the huge advantage as a coach in the earlier part of the season. So I think only Ian and Danielle should have a chance to win. Ian is not one of my favorites, however, he is the better of the choices in this case. Looking forward to the finale and too bad we have to wait a year for another season.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,473,498 times
I am really looking forward to tomorrow finale. Dan is my favorite. He has played a brilliant game, however he won the money once before and I think Ian needs the money much more.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM

5,509 posts, read 7,103,535 times
I wish they would announce the winner early enough to see them celebrate with the others, rather then breaking for commercials every two minutes and leaving just 30 seconds to see them win. I hate that!

Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Congratulations goes to Ian for playing a great strategic game. Glad Dan was shown how they all felt by losing 6-1.

Danielle as the floater got what she deserved, zero.

I can live with Frank getting the America's favorite $25,000.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:15 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,649,652 times
In the past, the few seasons I watched of this show, the finale was always a big event for me. I had invested my summer in the housemates and the finale was always a "meaningful" time for me. (Although, why, I don't know. These people don't know me and the results don't impact my life.)

The following words are MY thoughts and opinions as I reflect on MY OWN life/priorities and what's good for ME. In NO WAY am I inferring that this is directed towards ANYONE ELSE. These thoughts are merely my own introspection after watching the finale.

This season, I was over the show by the time Shane left the house. A light came on and I got a reality check. Suddenly, I didn't care who won. Any dislikes I had for anyone melted away. Any appreciation I had for anyone fizzled. I admit that BB was an interesting social experiment in the beginning. I enjoyed it. However, after a couple of seasons, once it was sussed out "how to play," it became all about deceit, back-stabbing, lying, ruthlessness and all kinds of viciousness. I've always despised that part of the game and, frankly, I'm disappointed in myself for coming back and watching this season. I don't tolerate these things in real life so why on earth am I tolerating it in the little rare bits of down time I get? Speaking for myself only, I will never understand how any television show, movie, video game, etc., that is based on the same, intensely negative qualities that are considered unacceptable in real life suddenly becomes "entertaining" when it's on television. There's enough of it going on in the real world and I find it exhausting and draining. Believe me, I'm not on high horse here... I got just as caught up and enthusiastic about the show at times myself. I hold myself responsible. No one forced me to watch it. With that said, my Big Brother days are over.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. I really don't. I'm just in an intensely reflective and evaluative time in my life right now and this is just me thinking about loud.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,473,498 times
Congradulations to Ian. He needs the money. Danillee just rode people coattails, so I am glad she did not win. I would have been glad if Dan had one, but I am fine with Ian. Dan just stabbed a few too many people in the back.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:11 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,161,394 times
I am so Happy. Ian Won, Dan came in Second!!! Those were my picks from long ago!!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:18 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,022,504 times
Glad Ian won over Dan. Hopefully Ian keeps his grandfather's watch or whatever it was. I laughed when Brit told Ian Dans plan. Hopefully next season they don't bring any of the old players back and get new competitions besides playing the same ones from past seasons.

I also believe Dan the whole season and at the end was lying that he was scared of everyone and that's why he had to play that way. He played that way because he thought it would work and it almost did. Thankfully the jury thought morals/ethics was still high on the list.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:37 AM

483 posts, read 854,092 times
I thought that was the best finale ever! I am so happy that Ian won! I also loved Ian's speech. Dan came off as a jerk last night and his speech sucked. Why would he say before the votes that he was up to his elbows in blood and further elaborated on it? Especially with those bitter jurors.....that pissed off the jurors even more if that was possible. Dan lost the game because the jury was sour. Once it becomes time to kick out the players that are going to the jury, you have to be careful with how hard you "play" them because they hold the power (and they can vote however they like, personal or game play) at the end and if you had an awful hand in their eviction, it might just come back and bite you in the azz like it did Dan.

Even though I rooted for Frank, I thought him winning AC was rigged too. Oh well, I'm happy that he won it! I am so happy with the way everything turned out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV