Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,270,219 times

Advertisements

Yes, even though we grew up ten miles (and twenty years) away from each other, I never cared for Rosie. So unclassy and abrasive.
I don't think that Oprah's channel will last, really. She is sort of out-dated. What kinds of shows can she possibly have that will fill a whole 24 hours every single day? Who will watch them?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 10:38 PM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
The only reason Rosie got this show with Oprah is that at one time Rosie and Oprah were best friends. Oprah once stated that Rosie had the best talk show ever when she was originally broadcasting years ago.
I predicted when Oprah started her new venue that things wouldn't last long and it looks as if it's comming true. She's had a tremendous drop in viewership since going cable. There's nothing new or interesting to watch. Also a good percentage of her core people do not subscribe to cable.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,135,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Yes, even though we grew up ten miles (and twenty years) away from each other, I never cared for Rosie. So unclassy and abrasive.
I don't think that Oprah's channel will last, really. She is sort of out-dated. What kinds of shows can she possibly have that will fill a whole 24 hours every single day? Who will watch them?
Was she always this way? When she had her first show she seemed so different. Upbeat and so forth. Meh...maybe an act and now we see the real Rosie?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,287,967 times
I actually like the OWN channel. They have some interesting programming, recently saw a documentary called "A Family Affair" that was just unlike anything I had seen before. They also have Super Soul Sunday that has some thoughtful, insightful stuff. I hope it works out - maybe they have to change some things up though. More original programming maybe?

Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,244,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I agree. I have always said that once Oprah started with telling everyone how to live their "best life" and what-not that she became too "over-our heads" in her approach to her audience.

Whenever the issue of dieting, exercise, weight came up on her show I would think to myself, "Oprah, how are you going to tell America what to do and you can't even maintain a healthy weight?" Her weight loss experts must have felt like frauds (Bob Greene, particularly) sitting up on her stage, telling us what we need to do while Oprah stands there big as a house nodding in agreement. There were numerous "off" moments like that on her show.
For me it was when she was trying to influence everyone to vote for John Kerry, I think it was. Anyway, she had Cameron Diaz on and everyone was saying DON'T VOTE FOR BUSH without coming right out and saying it. As if people don't have minds of their own and able to come to their own conclusion about who to vote for. We certainly don't need a talk show host/celebrities to tell us how to vote. I just think it's tacky of Oprah to use her celebrity to try to influence people to do what SHE wants, political or otherwise.

Also, she talks so much about spiritual things and caring about people but then you hear how in person she's a real biotch/arrogant and I just can't reconcile the two.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 PM

639 posts, read 827,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
For me it was when she was trying to influence everyone to vote for John Kerry, I think it was. Anyway, she had Cameron Diaz on and everyone was saying DON'T VOTE FOR BUSH without coming right out and saying it. As if people don't have minds of their own and able to come to their own conclusion about who to vote for. We certainly don't need a talk show host/celebrities to tell us how to vote. I just think it's tacky of Oprah to use her celebrity to try to influence people to do what SHE wants, political or otherwise.

Also, she talks so much about spiritual things and caring about people but then you hear how in person she's a real biotch/arrogant and I just can't reconcile the two.
she can't back up her views. If she was an intelligent liberal who knew how to rationally argue, I could respect her whether or not I agree. Tom Selleck owned her on gun control, YouTube it. Even though i don't agree with Trump's birtherism, it was AWESOME when he put her in her place a couple years ago

Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
The only reason Rosie got this show with Oprah is that at one time Rosie and Oprah were best friends. Oprah once stated that Rosie had the best talk show ever when she was originally broadcasting years ago.
I predicted when Oprah started her new venue that things wouldn't last long and it looks as if it's comming true. She's had a tremendous drop in viewership since going cable. There's nothing new or interesting to watch. Also a good percentage of her core people do not subscribe to cable.
Rosie and Oprah have never been BFFs. Actually, I remember that Rosie used to make fairly regular jabs at Oprah (at everyone else) even calling Oprah and her real best friend Gayle gay at one point.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:09 PM

18,461 posts, read 31,613,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I agree. I have always said that once Oprah started with telling everyone how to live their "best life" and what-not that she became too "over-our heads" in her approach to her audience.

Whenever the issue of dieting, exercise, weight came up on her show I would think to myself, "Oprah, how are you going to tell America what to do and you can't even maintain a healthy weight?" Her weight loss experts must have felt like frauds (Bob Greene, particularly) sitting up on her stage, telling us what we need to do while Oprah stands there big as a house nodding in agreement. There were numerous "off" moments like that on her show.

I dont apprecaite her telling us how to live our lives, it got tired after a while.
She couldnt even keep the weight off, and nothing is wrong woith that, but dont keep taking about diets.

it gets old fast.

we all know what we should and should not eat, like right now I am eating Greek pastries here in the office, i will hate myself tonight when i get home and have a belly ache.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:35 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
I've never cared for Rosie. She is a bitter, angry woman.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:43 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,013 times
Rosie can now write another "Tell All" book about working with Oprah and how she was done wrong.

Also, the infantile name calling twitter battle between Donald Trump & Rosie has once again reared it's immature head

Really, these celebrities and rich people need to GROW UP!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV