Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 05:18 PM

11,595 posts, read 12,625,222 times

Advertisements

I agree with Goldengrain and Minervah (CD won't allow me to keep repping you guys). I haven't been watching The View very often lately, but I used to watch it on a daily basis. I like Joy and like when she brings out her English teacher background with her occassional comments about language, grammar, and vocabulary. That has become a lost art and she is old school in that domain. While I don't agree with Elizabeth most of the time, I do find her articulate. Sherri seems to be clueless about anything that happened in the world before she was born, whether it is pop culture, or politics, or world figures, and the backgrounds of her older guests. She has said some pretty dumb things in front of her guests and you would think that someone would have given her some background information about them. I do get bored hearing the stories about Sherri and Elizabeth's kids. It reminds me when Kathy Lee used to do that on the Regis Live show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 08:15 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,551,265 times
Elisabeth is fine, and Whoopi's never been noted for not having an opinion on just about anything; she brings a lot of attitude to the show, and certainly has a breezy sense of humor to with it.

I'm not going to miss Ms. Behar, and Sherri doesn't really add anything to the show IMHO.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:39 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,400,204 times
I don't watch the View for a lot of reasons. I prefer "The Talk " of the two shows. I personally think The View has run its course and needs to end, but really don't care since I don't watch it.

One reason I don't watch the View is I feel like a couple of the co-hosts don't give Elisabeth the respect she deserves as a co-host. I thought the show was to express different sides of issues but maybe that is simply a myth. It certainly has been the few times I've seen the show and the comments EH's co-hosts hurled at her.

I find it very interesting that while rumors are Elisabeth didn't test well in "market test," in the non-confirmed rumor floating around, I've yet to read factual evidence of which cities were the test markets, the sample size, the sample dates and more hard data to confirm what is being said was found to be true.

It would be fascinating to know, given the AGE differences of BW, JB, WG compared to EH, how EH would "market test" if a co-host of The Talk.

I'm sure everyone will ultimately transition to things they need to do for the next chapter of their life, except maybe Sherri. I thought it was just me since I didn't watch the show, but the few times I've seen it I have failed to understand what she adds (except another younger co-host like EH). I also think the older 3 co-hosts don't treat her with the respect they give each other.

MSR

Old 03-10-2013, 12:41 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,885,035 times
I used to watch the View all the time in 2006 to 2007 but when Whoopi took over I couldn't watch anymore. I also noticed that Elizabeth has aged some since 2007 which was surprising since she is only 36.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,394,073 times
I wonder if Elizabeth will end up on Fox News if she doesn't stay on the view. She would fit right in.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:06 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I wonder if Elizabeth will end up on Fox News if she doesn't stay on the view. She would fit right in.

She has the THIGS to be on FOXY News

Old 03-10-2013, 12:14 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,229,459 times
Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Maybe that's why they canned Palin - to make room for Hasslebeck.

Actually, she's the main reason I quit watching the show four years or so ago; it's one thing to have a different political viewpoint, it's another to be a snippy you-know-what about it.

I agree - FOX would be a perfect fit for her.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:42 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,686,643 times
It's time for the show to end. Whoopi adds nothing to the show, and frankly there is nothing interesting they ever talk about! It has been on too long.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It's time for the show to end. Whoopi adds nothing to the show, and frankly there is nothing interesting they ever talk about! It has been on too long.

Plus Whoopi doesn't care how she looks and makes no effort in looking presentable for TV which is why I stopped watching.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:27 PM

41,843 posts, read 74,899,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyf View Post
And BW lost credibility long before this show. She's a home wrecker.
Speaking of lost credibility, what exactly does being a "home wrecker" have to do with a person's abilities as a journalist?

Quote:
That was my first thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV