Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 03:29 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,470,946 times

Advertisements

Death Watch 2012: Our fall TV survival predictions - CNN.com

Shows I will miss if cancelled include:
Alcatraz
Fringe
Missing
The River
Chuck
Harry's Law (NBC really doesn't have a clue what to do with this show which started off strong and interesting and different)
Whitney (yes, I admit it)

Shows I really don't care about:
America's Next Top Model (jeez, Tyra, haven't you made enough money yet?)
Are You There, Chelsea? (major embarrassment for all concerned)
Two and a Half Men (the phrase "flogging a dead horse" comes to mind)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:39 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
I predict "Don't trust the B in apartment 23" will get cancelled after about 1 episode, if the previews are any indication of just how bad that show is going to be. Plus, it should get cancelled for having the stupidest title in the history of television.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:08 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,348,476 times
USA Today had a long article about the shows that would or would not make it.

You can take a survey...
Save our shows - USATODAY.com

Old 04-03-2012, 05:47 PM

428 posts, read 900,529 times
I never understood why " Are you there Chelsea" is on so early. I mean if you read her books or watched Chelsea Lately you would know its defiantely not ment for young kids ears or anyone who is the least bit uptight...

Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
Is this Chuck's last season anyways?

Fringe is likely to stay if Alcatraz is canceled unless Fox has some amazing scripted pilots coming up this fall. It's doesn't have much of a line up outside of the Sunday comedy block and string of reality shows

Old 04-03-2012, 06:52 PM

12,848 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Chuck is done. I loved Chuck. However, they struggled to keep it on the air this long. This season was slated (going into it) to be the final season. Frankly, I think they ended brilliantly. Too many shows stay on the air WAYYY too long (ehem... 2.5 Men) and go out with a wimper Chuck avoided that curse. It was a great show and it ended strong. So yes, this was Chuck's final season. I'll miss it too, but it ended at the right time.

I've read that the missing isn't doing so hot. I'm an Ashley Judd fan, but I couldn't get into it. I think it's likely to be cancelled.

Two and a Half Men is going for at LEAST one more season. It's painful to watch at this point. I don't think Ashton Kutcher is a good replacement and the humor is either too forced, or just cheap jabs at Charlie Sheen. There are only so many times you can see Alan make self-deprecating cracks and Ashton whimper about his ex-wife. Still, I'm fairly certain it's been renewed.

Even though it only ran for 1/2 season last year, I miss the show Perfect Couples. Great cast, great comedy. I'm amazed that show couldn't make it, but shows like Two Broke Girls or The Middle are "good" enough to make the cut.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times
pan am and Playboy club chicago.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Is this Chuck's last season anyways?

Fringe is likely to stay if Alcatraz is canceled unless Fox has some amazing scripted pilots coming up this fall. It's doesn't have much of a line up outside of the Sunday comedy block and string of reality shows
Fringe is an outstanding show, and I hope won't get cancelled. Castle is not as good as Fringe, but is another interesting show. Blue Bloods is another real good show, and CSI Miami is not bad at all. Alcatraz? I just can't get into this show.
-----------

Thanks, Brava4 for the link. I voted to keep Fringe

Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
The shows this season that are sticking around I am surprised. I think the execs are trying to give more shows a chance.

Chuck- in it's last season. Stopped watching it awhile back.
Alcatraz- couldn't get into it. I thought it was interesting then there was a 'secret twist' which is too much like LOST and they will either cancel it or it will be ridiculous when revealed
Pan Am--not consistent
Harry's Law-loved it season 1, agree that it is all over the place
Whitney--LOVE they better not cancel!
I Hate my Teenage Daughter- I think this has potential
The River- hate it, could care less
Missing- enjoying it so far, but how long can they keep it going?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times
i just found out that Pan AM is cancled
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV