Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,779,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's really interesting how much of the criticism, at least online, is that "how dare Lena Dunham play a character who has lots of sex and gets naked, and I don't want to bang her."
Jezebel just had an article highlighting exactly that attitude about the last episode. Apparently a number of reviews focused on how baffling it was that a handsome doctor would even give Hannah the time of day, let alone enjoy her company for two whole days by request. I thought it was wonderful and really captured that feeling of magic when you click with a stranger. You feel like a puzzle piece that found its fit for awhile until things get a little too real. I definitely know that feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Jezebel just had an article highlighting exactly that attitude about the last episode. Apparently a number of reviews focused on how baffling it was that a handsome doctor would even give Hannah the time of day, let alone enjoy her company for two whole days by request. I thought it was wonderful and really captured that feeling of magic when you click with a stranger. You feel like a puzzle piece that found its fit for awhile until things get a little too real. I definitely know that feeling.
no kidding ...

Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Maybe she wouldn't be his first choice across a crowded bar, but in that moment when she was standing there in his house, she was cute and funny, I found her talking about the excitement of putting in the garbage and running oddly endearing, I could see anyone wanting to spend more time with her. He was clearly lonely, and she kissed him, obviously, the chemistry is there, why wouldn't he go for it? Do people really think only gorgeous girls have experiences?

Old 02-18-2013, 05:39 AM

I find Adam's character to be one of the most disturbing television characters I've ever seen. This role cannot be doing his career any favors.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,379,678 times
These last 2 episodes have not been doing it for me. They were just so odd.

And I don't get why Marnie, who was pretty bright in the first season, is suddenly too dense to realize Booth Jonathan is an A-hole that doesn't give a crap about her.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,251,614 times
All the boys from "Girls" will have promising careers. The NYT interviewed all three guys a couple months ago. IMHO, Adam Driver is Emmy material. My favorite part of last night's episode was the interaction between Adam and Ray. Presently, all three boys have several projects in the works. I find Allison Williams extremely annoying and not a very good actress compared to the other three girls. Her facial expressions never change. Love her father, though.

Clip:
Mr. Driver, 29, a Juilliard graduate and a veteran of the Marines, runs a nonprofit, Arts in the Armed Forces, that stages theatrical performances for the military. Mr. Karpovsky, who gave his age only as 30-something, is a multi-hyphenate filmmaker in his own right; “Rubberneck” and “Red Flag,” the last two indies he wrote, directed and starred in, will be released by Tribeca Film in February. Both actors have been cast in the next Coen brothers feature, “Inside Llewyn Davis,” and Mr. Driver is currently on screen in a small but pivotal part in “Lincoln.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/ar...gewanted=print

Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
These last 2 episodes have not been doing it for me. They were just so odd.

And I don't get why Marnie, who was pretty bright in the first season, is suddenly too dense to realize Booth Jonathan is an A-hole that doesn't give a crap about her.
Marnie's character is that girl we all knew who couldn't be without a boyfriend. I knew a lot of girls like that in college ... they're only validated if they are hooked up with someone.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 AM

384 posts, read 595,729 times
This show has completely jumped the shark.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:42 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,100,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_flembeck View Post
This show has completely jumped the shark.

I wish it was eaten by a shark. I really do not get the appeal of watching spoiled 20-something Hipster a-holes whine about their issues.

Then again, look how popular Friends was, and these people aren't half as attractive as most of the Friends cast.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:32 PM

664 posts, read 1,027,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I wish it was eaten by a shark. I really do not get the appeal of watching spoiled 20-something Hipster a-holes whine about their issues.

Then again, look how popular Friends was, and these people aren't half as attractive as most of the Friends cast.

It hasn't jumped the shark because of their parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV