Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:57 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I do feel bad, though. I've been without cable due to money or location restraints. And I get Showtime for Weeds and Dexter when it is at a promotional price. Then I cancel it.

I wonder if anyone tapes it for You Tube before it gets deleted?
Eztv gets it the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 PM

253 posts, read 201,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Eztv gets it the next day.
Thanks, I will check that out.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:04 PM

201 posts, read 574,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Yeah, Ceclia and her ex-husband need to come back. Him and Doug were hilarious together.
Celia was my favorite character, so boring now that she disappeared

Old 08-12-2011, 08:07 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotty19 View Post
Celia was my favorite character, so boring now that she disappeared

My favorite episode ever that made me and my wife literally laugh out loud was when Celia woke up with the needle in her forhead haha

We still laugh about that episode!

Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 AM

201 posts, read 574,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
My favorite episode ever that made me and my wife literally laugh out loud was when Celia woke up with the needle in her forhead haha

We still laugh about that episode!
I remember that! Celia is the kind of character that is so evil and politically incorrect but when bad things happen to her you can't help but feel kinda bad. It's great when you can do that with a character!

Old 08-15-2011, 06:00 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,723 times
It's not that Celia's evil. I think it's more along the lines that she's a b****, she knows it and doesn't apologize for it. I give major kudos to Elizabeth Perkins for her portrayal. That being said I won't bat an eyelash if we don't see her, but I have a sneaking suspicion we might before season (or series) end.

As for this season so far? Good seeing Haylia and Dean again. Would have loved to have seen Conrad too. Then again we still could. Season's not over yet. I see Nancy is once again snitching for the feds and her "girlfriend" from jail is out. Eventually her lies and double dealings are gonna be too much for her to handle

Old 08-15-2011, 10:18 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
I really hope Doug and Dean re-unite before the end of the season. They have some of the best scenes in the show such as when they took all those pills in the bathroom and the slamming their dicks in the drawer.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:49 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Thank goodness this season is starting to get much better. The look on the CEOs face when he took Nancy home was priceless.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:52 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Thank goodness this season is starting to get much better. The look on the CEOs face when he took Nancy home was priceless.

That was the best scene in this show in a few seasons. It was reminiscent of the first couple of seasons where there would just be these off-the-wall awkward moments for her to deal with.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:24 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termtaken View Post
This is a series which is not predictable. The writers are creative. Each character is unique in their own way. I enjoy the series because it combines many emotions, from dealing with a death with a spouse, the unity of friends willing to help Nancy stay above board. She learns how to survive in a rough world without having a profession or a trade. She is a sexy, munipulative female who has a yo yo type of life, always confronting challenges. I am waiting to see what happens when she and her husband and Guerrmo are stopped by the FBI at the airport. The City reminds me of Orange County and Remar reminds me of Del Mar. The casting works and it's a funny show to watch.
I totally agree with your assessment. Well put. I just wish the damned episodes lasted an hour.

I tuned into this late and had to play catchup by getting the first season's package from my library, which was watched in record time all episodes strung together back to back. I preferred watching that way than just a half hour at a time.

Being such a straight laced nerd I would never have fallen in love with a program like this earlier. Thank goodness I've mellowed with time and enjoy life much more.

Last edited by goldengrain; 08-19-2011 at 09:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV