Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:46 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
One of my favorites was Robert Culp (recently deceased) playing the scientist who drew the short straw and was chosen as the guinea pig to be transformed into an alien who would meet his likness that was about to land on earth. I believe he was supposed to make contact and try to arrange a peacful negotiation. He got killed by hunters I believe while he was running in the forest.
I remember the make-up was very convincing for those days.
That was chilling. It was very believable too.

And 'The Hand' (I think thats the name). This is Harlan Ellison's script about the robot being hunted by the men from the future, determined to deny humanity its retrurn. In his hands is embedded the genetic legacy of man and in his programming the knowledge of how to restore it.

It's amazing cinematography was enhansed by being filmed in the Bradbury building.

Harlan was very proud of this and got extra futzy about it because it was the basis of the lawsuit that added the words 'based on a story by Harlan Ellison' to the completed cut of Terminator. With royalties. He made many lawsuits, but didn't win big often. Amazing actor and amazing writer's early carrear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
That was chilling. It was very believable too.

And 'The Hand' (I think thats the name). This is Harlan Ellison's script about the robot being hunted by the men from the future, determined to deny humanity its retrurn. In his hands is embedded the genetic legacy of man and in his programming the knowledge of how to restore it.

It's amazing cinematography was enhansed by being filmed in the Bradbury building.

Harlan was very proud of this and got extra futzy about it because it was the basis of the lawsuit that added the words 'based on a story by Harlan Ellison' to the completed cut of Terminator. With royalties. He made many lawsuits, but didn't win big often. Amazing actor and amazing writer's early carrear.
That was a good one, I remember it. It reminds me of the one (Think it was TZ) about the aliens taking people to their paradise world. Only after the ship took off, the ones left realized the book left behind by the aliens was a cook book.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:06 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
That was a good one, I remember it. It reminds me of the one (Think it was TZ) about the aliens taking people to their paradise world. Only after the ship took off, the ones left realized the book left behind by the aliens was a cook book.
"To Serve Man."

Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
A scared, angry little man who never got a break. Now he has everything he's ever wanted - and he's going to have to live with it for eternity... in the Twilight Zone.

Sabastian Cabot plays the "Angel" who grants the bad guy all his wishes....then later the bad guy says "I HATE getting everything I want in Heaven.." And Sabastian Cabot says, "What makes you think you are in Heaven?"

Do you guys remember this one? He is wearing all white...

Sabastian Cabot was the butler in Family Affair with Buffy and Jody...and their hot uncle Brian Keith....

Old 04-24-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
A scared, angry little man who never got a break. Now he has everything he's ever wanted - and he's going to have to live with it for eternity... in the Twilight Zone.

Sabastian Cabot plays the "Angel" who grants the bad guy all his wishes....then later the bad guy says "I HATE getting everything I want in Heaven.." And Sabastian Cabot says, "What makes you think you are in Heaven?"

Do you guys remember this one? He is wearing all white...

Sabastian Cabot was the butler in Family Affair with Buffy and Jody...and their hot uncle Brian Keith....
Yes I remember that one Larry Blyden played the bad guy. I don't recall the name of the episode though.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:57 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
We Serve Man(kind). A fannish favorite is a cookbook called To Serve Man. With recipies of course.

There were SO many wonderful tz episodes and I think its because it was the vision of ONE man, not a 'team' and they respected the literary world.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I just remember another woman in a Twilight Zone episode. Donna Doulas aka Ellie Mae Clampett. She played a beautiful women who was considered ugly because she didn't look like everyone else who really was ugly. The doctors experimented on her to make her look like everyone else but failed.

And Julie Harris played a similar role of a young woman who didn't want surgery to look like everyone else.

Colleen Dewhurst was in one that had to do with kids but that's all I can remember.
Eye of the Beholder

Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
How about Michael Ansara as the soldier from the future in "The Outer Limits"?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:19 PM

David McCallum in "The Sixth Finger."

Have to admit I cheated on this one. I remembered it after they had the rerun on the other night.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:56 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Don't forget "Chatty Cathy". I was a kid when The Twilight Zone aired. I had a "Chatty Cathy" doll (still do). I didn't watch TZ because it scared me. I watched the "Chatty Cathy" episode where the little girl gets the doll, who hates the girl's father. All I really remember is that the doll ended up on the steps in the middle of the night and tripped the father, who fell down the stairs and ?died? That was enough for me. Many years ago I did see at least part of the William Shatner episode, with the man on the airplane wing. Other than that, I think that's it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV