Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:25 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times

Advertisements

Good Times, Maude, Hogans Hero's, Sanford & Son,The Jeffersons, All in the Family,

I just can't watch these anymore, at the time they were funny, now they just seem stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Good Times, Maude, Hogans Hero's, Sanford & Son,The Jeffersons, All in the Family,

I just can't watch these anymore, at the time they were funny, now they just seem stupid.
Out of your list, for some reason Good Times, AITF, and Sanford and Son seem to still be a hit in 2012 on cable and digital TV

Old 05-08-2012, 04:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
All in the Family

I don’t think there was ever a funnier show than “All in the Family” that dealt with political humor and satire. Archie was (back then) what I continue to see in the lives of so many today. I would have thought this country would have progressed a little but it looks like we’re still victims of prejudice, lack of understanding, or simply bad personal knowledge. Too many professing hate, mistruths, and misinformation for no valid reason other than showing their own failures and small minded personalities.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
"Lost In Space"........."Danger Will Robinson!" lol!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
All in the Family

I don’t think there was ever a funnier show than “All in the Family” that dealt with political humor and satire. Archie was (back then) what I continue to see in the lives of so many today. I would have thought this country would have progressed a little but it looks like we’re still victims of prejudice, lack of understanding, or simply bad personal knowledge. Too many professing hate, mistruths, and misinformation for no valid reason other than showing their own failures and small minded personalities.
AITF seems like it was just a show for the times and not a show to watch over and over like you can do with certain comedies. And the reason for that is because I think it had so many serious episodes which wouldn't make someone eager to watch it again.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:28 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,529 times
We've seen most of those shows on ME over and over and over again. Many are running on other channels.
I did see 2 episodes of the Rebel that I enjoyed. I haven't seen that show in decades.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:00 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Default All in the Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
AITF seems like it was just a show for the times and not a show to watch over and over like you can do with certain comedies. And the reason for that is because I think it had so many serious episodes which wouldn't make someone eager to watch it again.
It was a reflection of our society back then and I believe some people laughed at seeing themselves. (Well some of us laughed) and some of us learned from it. I continue to see all the main characters of the show still in my daily life; their personalities simply didn’t change over time, people ARE who they are.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It was a reflection of our society back then and I believe some people laughed at seeing themselves. (Well some of us laughed) and some of us learned from it. I continue to see all the main characters of the show still in my daily life; their personalities simply didn’t change over time, people ARE who they are.
I don't plan to watch AITF anymore until I buy seasons 5 to 9 on DVD because it's probably footage on there I never seen before. Far as syndication, I decided it's no point in watching it on cable or digital TV anymore since the eps are edited.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Out of your list, for some reason Good Times, AITF, and Sanford and Son seem to still be a hit in 2012 on cable and digital TV

LOL, not in my house, ugh, I hate these shows.

I hated AITF back in the day and hate it even more now.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:42 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,737,116 times
The Honeymooners. Perhaps I'm too simple minded to appreciate the humor, I just think that a fat, short tempered windbag isn't very funny. I can't understand why Alice didn't leave that jerk Ralph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV