Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,010,703 times

Advertisements

Kind of like "the way life should be". Maybe we cant all have the rags to riches, but the rest of it sure is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Duck Dynasty has several 'feel good' aspects to it, including the more hidden ones: if you look for the thread I started on DD a while back there are links (assuming they still work) about Phil and family.

One recent episode showed the Robertson family going to a church social where Phil was speaking. A reminder that in his youth, after Phil and Kay had married and they had one child (I guess Willie, I believe the eldest), Phil was 'running wild' and staying out all night getting drunk. Ms. Kay finally kicked her husband out of the house and told him to sober up or never return. Phil did some soul searching, 'found Jesus', and sobered up, never to touch the stuff again. Ms. Kay allowed him back, and he turned his full attention to making and selling his duck calls. He also began going out to churches and youth gatherings and speaking of his experience.

I like how, in the several seasons, you never see any of the family drinking alcohol (as opposed to virtually every other reality show). The way Si (the brother of Phil) is so attached to his tea makes me suspect that he also had a problem with booze at some point.

No doubt the show does not show some of the warts that affect all families. Yet, as others have said, it is nice to see a close-knit family.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,215,091 times
I like the show. I find it very entertaining. Here are the brothers without beards.

From left: Willie, Jace, Alan (not on the show), Jep

Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Birth order is:
Alan
Jase
Willie
Jep.

Alan is a local preacher and is not shown on the show....Uncle Si's wife is also not shown.

I think the appeal is that they are just good down to earth people. I'd love to hang out with this family.
Phil and Kay have been married almost 50 years
Alan 30
Jase 22-23?
Willie 21
Jep 15

None of the backstabbing, screaming and fighting going on with so many other "reality" shows.

I don't care if it's scripted...I like seeing what kind of hijinx they get into every show.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:26 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Birth order is:
Alan
Jase
Willie
Jep.

Alan is a local preacher and is not shown on the show....Uncle Si's wife is also not shown.

I think the appeal is that they are just good down to earth people. I'd love to hang out with this family.
Alan 30
Jase 22-23?
Willie 21
Jep 15

None of the backstabbing, screaming and fighting going on with so many other "reality" shows.

I don't care if it's scripted...I like seeing what kind of hijinx they get into every show.
Wow! Your information shocks me (some). I had no idea that Si was married.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Birth order is:

Ain't that the truth lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I like how, in the several seasons, you never see any of the family drinking alcohol (as opposed to virtually every other reality show). The way Si (the brother of Phil) is so attached to his tea makes me suspect that he also had a problem with booze at some point.

No doubt the show does not show some of the warts that affect all families. Yet, as others have said, it is nice to see a close-knit family.
I like that too. As for the tea, I grew up in the south and sweet tea was more common than water. Now I get accused of not being southern enough because I like tea and not tea with my sugar.
I do like the close-knit family aspect of it too.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:22 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Wow! Your information shocks me (some). I had no idea that Si was married.
They truly are an interesting family...for example, Willie was the best choice as CEO as he has the head for business, but Jase inherited the ear for the duck sounds so that's why he's in charge of new and current designs. Jeb works a lot behind the scenes also as the videotographer.

Phil recognized each child's talents and uses them. There is no jealousy.

lol...when I 1st started watching I saw some things that made me scratch my head so I googled the family.

Stalked them from cyber space lol.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:52 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
for real Tami? Cause that was just tonight and everytime I tune in on A&E it's Storage Wars
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Don't you have like 500 other channels to choose from?
I used to like A&E for it's crime and other shows, Pip.

Of course I do. I have way more then 500, Enrico. It just frustrates me when I'm channel surfing.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,862 times
Quote:
Birth order is:
Alan
Jase
Willie
Jep.

Alan 30
Jase 22-23?
Willie 21
Jep 15

That can't be the right ages of the boys. They're all married w/ children. Jase has 3, Willie has 5 and Jep has 4.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:21 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,862 times
Willie was born April 22, 1972

Duck Dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV