Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 10:09 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times

Advertisements

It seems that a majority of these canceled programs are on Network TV or the "smaller bigger" cable channels like SyFy.

I watch television on a daily basis but the last show that I can recall having been cancelled was Jericho... I used to participate in their own official Internet forum, man that had some great discussions from some seriously dedicated fans. When they temporarily brought the show back I felt it was not as good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 03:16 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
It seems that a majority of these canceled programs are on Network TV or the "smaller bigger" cable channels like SyFy.
That may have something to do with how those networks make those kinds of decisions this specific time of year.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:20 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
Quote:
The major networks will start announcing in the next couple of weeks (if not sooner)

Many have already announced tons of renewals. The cancellations are coming shortly.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:15 PM

CW cancels Hart of Dixie and The Messengers

Old 05-07-2015, 04:00 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:

I watch television on a daily basis but the last show that I can recall having been cancelled was Jericho... I used to participate in their own official Internet forum, man that had some great discussions from some seriously dedicated fans. When they temporarily brought the show back I felt it was not as good.
My favorite part of that board was the real life section, where our fans discussed things like nuclear war, survival, and got into smaller facets of the subjects. The 'what if' was as interesting as the show and many cited actual evidence for their ideas.

I was on the CBS board right after the cancellation was announced. That evening more and more people were on, assuming they'd shut down the board. Then someone said we should write letters, and other people had suggestions, some good and some not. We were sure CBS would shut it down after we started making plans, but I think they wanted to see what happened. I also remember finding the announcement for the second season. I think they first posted it on the board. That whole campaign was such a wonderful thing, and I met good friends. One I came to visit and moved here to OK after the visit.

That second season was supposed to be a full one, so they had to redo scripts and story, but I found it a very good season, especially how Jake turns into this tribal leader against the invaders. Given a full season they would have had much more time to tell it.

And we had our conventions and I got to see Oakley KS and meet many of our online crew. Some people still got called their online name. A friend I met still calls me Nightbird. We had a small convention but it was very neat anyway. But our impromto campaign based on a message board is actively studied as a phenomona of cyber society.

Old 05-08-2015, 07:17 AM

ABC Cancels:

Forever
Cristela
The Taste
Resurrection

Old 05-08-2015, 07:44 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
got the info from my wife who sent it to my phone. my wife has an autistic kid but even she says touch is extremely boring. Fringe must be a show for super high iq ppl as we stopped watching it before the 1st show even ended.
I liked Fringe a lot. I miss a lot of the old sci-fi shows: most of the Star Treks, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG1, Babylon 5, etc. . . I guess I'm showing my age. All those canned sit coms are horrible, IMO. The humor seems very fake to me, especially when the producers cue the whole audience to laugh simultaneously. I like hearing inadvertent jokes from my friends and family a lot more.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:25 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Really bummed about Forever. That slowly grew on me.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:30 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Really bummed about Forever. That slowly grew on me.
OH NO! I really liked this show...great premise, great acting! It grew on me from the start...

Old 05-08-2015, 03:39 PM

NBC cancels:

About a Boy
Marry Me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV