Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 11:13 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,920,255 times

Advertisements

I have to say that I couldn't stand Drew as the host when he first started. He was awkward, & visibly disturbed at people wanting to touch/hug him after winning, etc. he always looked like he didn't want to be there--the vibe was obvious.
After a few years, he now genuinely looks excited for the winners & looks like he really is having a good time with the show (finally!). I enjoy watching him now.
I agree that Bob overstayed his time. He was really becoming annoying, at least to me. He was showing his age in his sometimes sexist & even condescending manner with the contestants & models.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 11:08 PM

5,861 posts, read 15,192,531 times
It seems low budget and cheap now. Miss Bob Barker but especially miss Janice Pennington, Anitra Ford, Diane Parkinson and Holly Holstram.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,216,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
swbrotha and John 23 make good points. Family Feud was never able to recapture the magic after Richard Dawson left the first time. Password was never the same after Allen Ludden. Whether you like them or not, Wheel of Fortune will not work after Pat and Vanna leave. Alex Trebeck did manage to make Jeopardy a hit after Art Flemming, but only after there was a considerable gap of time before Jeopardy returned to TV.

And some people liked Bill Cullen on the ORIGINAL "The Price Is Right" better than Bob Barker and the new version.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:08 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,157,321 times
it is not a show which I make it a point to watch. However that said if it is on I certainly have no problem watching it. I like Drew.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:05 PM

3,317 posts, read 4,106,153 times
Greatness returned to television today, when Bob Barker appeared on the Price is Right and bonded with a lucky contestant, he called her to come on down, and then she won a car and a thousand bucks on the wheel. She did not win the showcase, but Bob did a sweet job describing to her the second showcase, he radiated his Bob magic once again, Bob Barker is so awesome, hope he makes it to 100 and appears on PIR again.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:52 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,005,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Greatness returned to television today, when Bob Barker appeared on the Price is Right and bonded with a lucky contestant, he called her to come on down, and then she won a car and a thousand bucks on the wheel. She did not win the showcase, but Bob did a sweet job describing to her the second showcase, he radiated his Bob magic once again, Bob Barker is so awesome, hope he makes it to 100 and appears on PIR again.
I watched that episode as well and really enjoyed seeing Bob Barker again! He sure looks fantastic for being 90 years old; and still very handsome!

Old 04-19-2014, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,104 times
He is too redundant (we overuses the phrase "good luck). And he laughs at his own jokes.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:03 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,392,453 times
I love Drew Carey; I liked his show 'Who's Line Is It Anyway' and now on TPIR. I agree with other posters that said he was a bit awkward and out of place in the beginning, but how do you follow a legend like Bob Barker after 30+ years?? I think people are being a bit hard on him. Now, after some years, he seems as though he's been there for much longer than he actually has, and has become more natural in his interaction with the contestants.

I love the new models too; Rachel, Manuela, Amber, and Gwendolyn. Rachel is my favorite.

I listened to Drew during a radio interview about his new job on TPIR. He said it's the best job he's ever had, and he's happy everyday he goes work. He said giving away prizes to people and seeing their faces when they win, there's nothing better. You can tell if you watch the show regularly, that Drew is really a nice, sweet heart of a person.

I follow one of the models (Manuela) on Twitter, and she recently uploaded some pics where Drew chartered a private Jet and took all the models and some staff to Aspen on a ski trip as treat for their hard work. I'm for sure #teamdrew.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:07 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,059,239 times
I realize that life, in all aspects, does go on. But The Price Is Right is not the same show anymore. Drew Carey is a better actor and comedian than he is a game-show host.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:32 PM

579 posts, read 758,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
I realize that life, in all aspects, does go on. But The Price Is Right is not the same show anymore. Drew Carey is a better actor and comedian than he is a game-show host.
I don't think Drew is the problem. He's the opposite of Bill, that's true. Drew is extremely friendly & welcoming. Where as Bill demanded a high level of respect, he had the sort of demeanor you expect from a President.

But, considering the show has obviously declined in terms of prizes I think Drew is the better match now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV