Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

Jeff doesn't tell people to show their idols, he asks if anyone has one, now is the time to use it for immunity if they choose. So Abi had a choice and so did Malcolm. Why she chose to, who knows? She is one sandwhich short of a picnic to begin with so she probably just thought she was doing something smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 03:38 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Jeff doesn't tell people to show their idols, he asks if anyone has one, now is the time to use it for immunity if they choose. So Abi had a choice and so did Malcolm. Why she chose to, who knows? She is one sandwhich short of a picnic to begin with so she probably just thought she was doing something smart.
Yes, I know Jeff doesn't tell people what to do. It just seemed to me like Abi was reacting to an order/command, which I know Dimples does NOT do.

LOL love the picnic analogy!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
With all the editing that goes on its tough to tell why Lisa decided to tell TC why she threw Malcolm under the bus, what her Plan A B C D were, why Abi decided to show her idol. All so crazy. I felt like Lisa, once it came out that she knew Malcolm had an idol and wasn't telling people till that day, might have felt that the best thing was just to come right out and tell all, IDK. I do think showing how hard she is playing the game sort of puts a target on her back. I'm also not sure about her stratgey of 5 because its 3 + 2, she is part of the 2 and Pete, Abi and Artis? are the 3 so its a pretty short lived alliance with the 2 going first. I mean I get her go to TC with goats part but I don't know about the rest.
Skupin, doesn't seem to be playing in terms of strategy or anything which is sort of a disappointment.
I'm not saying I like Kent as a person but I sort of liked him as a player - more than Pete, Abi, Carter. I wish one of them had gone home instead.
Hope Denise can last physically, she sounds so raspy, like she's got a cold. Malcolm and Denise are still my favorites though I like Penner better this year than previous years. Loved the chaos his winning immunity caused. I think he voted for Abi?...to cause more confusion?

Found a 2007 blog where Penner answers fan questions. If you read his answers there are tidbits on the selection process, TC, camera crews etc.

Jonathan Penner Responds - Survivor

Old 11-08-2012, 04:20 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
I found Jeff to be arrogant. Glad he's gone.

I actually hope Abi stays a bit longer, I want to see her meltdowns..I don't like her though..

I'm on Lisa and Penners Team... I want to see them go to the end... Wishful thinking.. But those are my 2 favorites..

Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Im with you ....lisa and penner with Abi for the throwaway ....and the meltdown fun ...

Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,460 times
I am liking Penner (not just for looks! He is one of the returnees I DO want to see win), Denise (she's awesome), and Malcolm (because he seems like an allaround good guy). I did like Lisa, but now her strategy seems all over the map.

And that Abi...I'd like to see her make it to the end for the "meltdown fun" as dynimagelv and Torn2Pieces said. I was wanting her to go home, but there's nothing like having a loose cannon around at camp. Remember Philip?

Old 11-08-2012, 07:00 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,166,824 times
Pink underwear wearing FBI agent Philip? LOL!

Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Okay, what exactly was the blown opportunity? Not voting off who exactly was the "blown opportunity"?
Not voting for the 2 that had idols when everybody knew where they were. Plus Malcolm is a strong player very likeable he is going to be tough to beat if he makes it to final 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
The show started out with Lisa finding tree mail and heading back to camp with it then they jumped immediately to the food competition. What happened to the tree mail and what was it about CBS.
The tree mail had wooden fish hanging from it I think it was just a symbol that their next challenge food would be involved or a reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Forgot to mention...last night was the first time I noticed Penner was a fairly decent looking man!
Oh tell me we aren't going to have another dreamy eyes crush this season girl!

Man I can't believe I missed out on so much talking y'all done good!!

How many pro athletes do you know that aren’t egotistical, poor sports and always better than everybody else? Me zero~~ so I’m sure Jeff Kent was full of himself and always mouthing off around camp. He was surprised looking around when he had like 4 votes trying to figure out who voted for him that was pretty good. Now the exiting speech showed his true colors in my book beside poor sport he is a blow hard know it all in real life I'm sure. Folks probably back in his home town hang onto his very words because he was a pro athlete y'all know how crazy Texans can be over sports. Sorry I don't care what politics you follow no sitting president hasn't caused ALL of our nation's problems period. He could have thrown some of that on his fellow Texan GW Bush.

I like how Lisa stated matter of factly at TC she does now probably have a target on her back and only Penner & Mike will have anything to do with her is my bet. But I liked Denise's honesty telling Penner she did vote for him too. Then Penner to turn around and come from behind to win II that was fabulous right there! Ya know all the tribe members were cussing under their breathes and scrambling in their minds 'now who we going after".

Abi is a ditz the tribe should have split the vote between Malcolm & Abi then they would have gone to a tie breaker where Malcolm should have been sent packing. He is a strong force in this game I want him to win but taking Abi to final 3 is the safest bet nobody will vote for her not even Pete I'm sure.

Dimples couldn't believe his eyes when Abi pulled her idol out I know he wanted to say "you're dumb girl really dumb".

Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Me too, JPD. I actually thought Jeff was very good looking and never being involved with National bseball, just American league, I didn't know anything about him except he was good looking. I did, however, notice in the very begining of this thread someone had said he was not very well liked by National fans. I now can see why if that's the way he acted in baseball.
He spent most of his time on the Giants playing with the notorious Barry Bonds, home run champion and steroid king. I can understand why he and Bonds did not get along, they are two very arrogant and strong willed personalities. Kent has got nothing on Bonds.

But this article took me by surprise when I saw Kent pictured in a Dodgers uniform, towards the end of his career I believe. He must have been bitter at how things ended, I don't know.

30 Worst Clubhouse Cancers in Baseball History | Bleacher Report

And this story explains why Bonds and Kent did not get along. After reading it you begin to like Kent a little more. Notice how Kent calls Bonds out. Most players don't call out teammates, even when they got it coming. Kent has some onions.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...ife_of_reilly/

Last edited by odanny; 11-08-2012 at 08:40 PM..

Old 11-08-2012, 11:50 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
I like Jeff without his mustache better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV