Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 03:26 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

I'm okay with the medi-vaced group too although I'm a little leery of Penner's 3rd time around too, Shell.

Just saw a commercial last night where Russell Swan said something like "I gave it 100% last time and almost died.." whereas I yelled at the tv, "You DID die, silly boy!" I guess they have to try and convince people like me that I did not see what I saw on the tv that night. Would also be bad for ratings. I have looked into dead eyes IRL and know what I saw with Russell.

Oh well, looking forward to a non-Hantz season of Survivor. Jax, hope you've got your 60" system all fixed now and can view Dimples BIG time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 03:46 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm okay with the medi-vaced group too although I'm a little leery of Penner's 3rd time around too, Shell.

Just saw a commercial last night where Russell Swan said something like "I gave it 100% last time and almost died.." whereas I yelled at the tv, "You DID die, silly boy!" I guess they have to try and convince people like me that I did not see what I saw on the tv that night. Would also be bad for ratings. I have looked into dead eyes IRL and know what I saw with Russell.

Oh well, looking forward to a non-Hantz season of Survivor. Jax, hope you've got your 60" system all fixed now and can view Dimples BIG time!
You know, I liked Penner in Down Periscope with Kelsey Grammer...and some show he did in the late 90's with Tia Leone. But yep, a smidge leery about a third time playa!

You're funny...I watched that eppy, too, and that guy scared me...and he scared Dimples, too. Poor baby was so upset. It'll be interesting to see how Lisa Whelchel (sp?) does...Blair...cheese and rice.

Oh how I wished I had an enormous TV to see that cutie pie...are you guys gonna watch his talk show that starts in a couple of weeks? I think I might record it so I can look at him some more...oh yea, he has substance, too.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
You know, I liked Penner in Down Periscope with Kelsey Grammer...and some show he did in the late 90's with Tia Leone. But yep, a smidge leery about a third time playa!

You're funny...I watched that eppy, too, and that guy scared me...and he scared Dimples, too. Poor baby was so upset. It'll be interesting to see how Lisa Whelchel (sp?) does...Blair...cheese and rice.

Oh how I wished I had an enormous TV to see that cutie pie...are you guys gonna watch his talk show that starts in a couple of weeks? I think I might record it so I can look at him some more...oh yea, he has substance, too.
I'm sure Jax will record Dimples' show to watch after work. Me....nah, I'm not starry eyed over him. I may watch his first show if I remember, to see what it's all about but I rarely watch daytime tv.

I want to say that I'm very happy to hear you are a real survivor and that Africa gave you so much hope and courage.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:48 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
As long as Colton Cumbie isn't going to be on I am a happy camper. I was dreading his possible return. I have a feeling he will at some point in time but I am glad it isn't this time. I am happy with the cast this season and I cannot wait. Yippee!!!!!!!!

Oh and I am happy there are no more Hantzs coming out of the woodwork either.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:11 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post

Oh I'm ready for whatever Dimples throws our way but don't know if I can share him with ya since he is married now our time together is more limited.

Tami it is only a mere 50" but yes we are good to go! AT&T finally got our connection up & running it was actually a problem with the local electrical company wires. Kids have Google box going we can pull up just about anything off the net on it. Today I ordered the local cable company for network stations it'll be hooked up on Wednesday. I think I have all bases covered.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:06 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Oh I'm ready for whatever Dimples throws our way but don't know if I can share him with ya since he is married now our time together is more limited.

Tami it is only a mere 50" but yes we are good to go! AT&T finally got our connection up & running it was actually a problem with the local electrical company wires. Kids have Google box going we can pull up just about anything off the net on it. Today I ordered the local cable company for network stations it'll be hooked up on Wednesday. I think I have all bases covered.

Jaxson is a rockin and a rolling now.....

Old 09-01-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm sure Jax will record Dimples' show to watch after work. Me....nah, I'm not starry eyed over him. I may watch his first show if I remember, to see what it's all about but I rarely watch daytime tv.

I want to say that I'm very happy to hear you are a real survivor and that Africa gave you so much hope and courage.
I hardly ever watch daytime tv either, but since I like him, I'll give it a whirl!

Thank you so much...I did watch the first two seasons, but I was going through my ordeal during Africa...it amazes me that I still feel tingly and warm when I hear the Survivor theme music because it truly gives me this sort of inspiration that I'll always associate with the feelings I had at that time. I have no idea how'd I'd fare at this game...probably keel over at any given point...but I'd really do anything to try.

Guess I better get on it since we're nearing that time....woohoo...

Old 09-02-2012, 09:25 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Penner, cann't place him, the face is very famliar. Did he follow people around, lurking and watching who they were talking too, one season? I remember this happening and can still hear one of the women saying, he just shows up everywhere,(not an exact quote).

Old 09-02-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
As long as Colton Cumbie isn't going to be on I am a happy camper. I was dreading his possible return. I have a feeling he will at some point in time but I am glad it isn't this time. I am happy with the cast this season and I cannot wait. Yippee!!!!!!!!

Oh and I am happy there are no more Hantzs coming out of the woodwork either.
Oh my word! Can you believe I had forgotten all about that twit?? Not even watching the commercials brought "him" back to my memory!

What's with the commercials yelling about it being the "original" Survivor? Have they gone back to making the peeps find their own food and maybe "original" challenges?

Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 PM

I noticed this weekend that they're referring to the "original" Survivor..not sure what's going on there...I'd like to think they were getting back to basics, but I'm only hoping at this point. With the returning players and actors and who knows who else...I'm a little disappointed with the term "original" as it really isn't at all since we know a bunch of people before the show actually starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV