Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,288 times

Advertisements

I agree with all of the above! I wonder how many homeowners who decide to list it are able to get the new estimated amount. House Hunters is also overdone! Enough already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 01:05 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
This is the guy. Now wouldn't you watch him knock down walls and build stuff?

I love Scott McGillivray. I also like Mike Holmes. Their show "All American Handyman" is a great way to see both of them in action and to learn a lot about construction and design. I just wish each season were longer.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureMan View Post
I really like David, though, He seems like a goof and someone with a good sense of humor as well as being a determined blood hound. The kind of guy I'd instantly hire in any office setting I'd manage.

I agree. There's something about David that just appeals to me.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That arrogant witch Hilary painted the woodwork in a 100-year-old Arts and Crafts house in one episode last night. I'd have killed her.

I saw that and was just as horrified as you.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:27 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Hate this show. They should call it "Love it or Shove it." LOL

Old 10-14-2012, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 14,724 times
I'm really a sensible and frugal person for the most part! But to remodel a house as Hilary does is next to impossible. Old houses have old problems. I don't believe she can do it for that price. Impossible! I really like Hilary but her frustration when problems arise without any forethought to what may occur is ridiculous!

As for the idiot realtor who takes people on wild goose chases for what he thinks they want and asked for in another house just shows him for the blinking idiot he is. I'd be really 'ticked' off if you know what I mean. He has no class or professional know-how!

I can't believe how unprofessional these two lame brains are are even on tv to boot! Boot is the key word.....boot them both off!!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:15 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,237,732 times
Love/List is the most useless, most irritating show on HGTV....and that's saying a lot. Very little to be learned from it. The 'stars' are not likeable, the owners are not likeable, the situations are very contrived and not even slightly believable.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
This is my problem with most reality tv shows, the formula. Once the producers find the formula they just repeat it over and over with new people. It's all scripted, there are no "surprises", most people have their new house before the cameras start rolling, we all know it. The fake-drama is created to amuse viewers, who I can only assume are at the low end of the intelligence scale.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:18 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
I am one of the few on the forum that actually likes this show. I do like the way she tries to renovate the old homes and the problems they run into and the guy showing the other homes. I am sure though each character is told to exaggerate their reactions for TV. I find it amazing though the prices for the homes they look at....I realize though these shows must take place near Toronto.

Dan

Old 11-26-2012, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,980 times
i just found this site. I cannot stand Hillary. How is it she always finds a house that is totally unsafe? it is ready to fall down, there are no retaining walls...and the way she talks to the homeowners is unbelievable!! I wouldn't let her in my house.
David doesn't bother me as much at Hillary. but when people choose love it, he is a bit whiny!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV