Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 07:18 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,730,778 times

Advertisements

I'm sad for Alex. He had changed and grown so much.

And, to throw my opinion in on the threads, I prefer a TV show to be one thread unless seasons are completely different- like reality shows, or shows like American Horror Story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 07:57 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
Yes, exactly.

I think what has done me in the most with this show is watching the way these idiots gab like little high schoolers IN THE MIDDLE OF SURGERY.

Having been in OR's...that's not how it rolls. You might hear music or low speaking, but NOTHING like these morons.

The medical inaccuracies of the show aspect makes me wanna hurl.:roll eyes:

That said, I may end up watching it on occasion this season just out of sheer boredom LMAO
Thanks for the input on this. On other medical shows they do the same kind of silly and heavy talking during surgery. Not having any Operating Room experience I just assume the TV shows have technical advisers who have condoned that type behavior. Your experience is appreciated.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:12 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
The new thread was folded into this one.
Thanks. This reply makes more sense now lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Ha ha ha, so much for that idea,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
Yes, exactly.

I think what has done me in the most with this show is watching the way these idiots gab like little high schoolers IN THE MIDDLE OF SURGERY.

Having been in OR's...that's not how it rolls. You might hear music or low speaking, but NOTHING like these morons.

The medical inaccuracies of the show aspect makes me wanna hurl.:roll eyes:

That said, I may end up watching it on occasion this season just out of sheer boredom LMAO
I had one doctor that talked about all sorts of stuff in surgery that I had to be awake for. He also plays what ever music the patient wants if they're awake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I agree, he's changed so much that this shocked me. New Alex wouldn't do this, he would have asked what was going on; or I think he would

Quote:
And, to throw my opinion in on the threads, I prefer a TV show to be one thread unless seasons are completely different- like reality shows, or shows like American Horror Story.
One thread doesn't bother me. It makes it easier to find something

Old 09-25-2016, 09:47 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
I feel the same. Alex has grown so much, I am hating this story line.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:45 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Yet his inability to control his anger shows quite the opposite.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:49 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I feel the same. Alex has grown so much, I am hating this story line.
Me too and it's unrealistic. He almost killed him. He could have just thrown him off her if he really thought he was trying to rape her.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:56 PM

777 posts, read 1,336,613 times
While the Alex thing is also lame, what's lamer is that Meredith is again, in a position where she's pushing what she wants away b/c of someone else. Not letting the new hot doc get closer to her b/c her half sister likes him? Ugh. Whatever.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:17 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaundercover View Post
While the Alex thing is also lame, what's lamer is that Meredith is again, in a position where she's pushing what she wants away b/c of someone else. Not letting the new hot doc get closer to her b/c her half sister likes him? Ugh. Whatever.
Especially after "new sister" told her to stop lying to her. Why not just say "I know you like the guy, but I also like the guy"...I know we're talking full on drama here, but let's have "SOME" realistic situations.

I really do like our characters but they're reverting in maturity, behavior...I don't want to see them go backwards and act like stupid teenagers. Again, I know this is a "drama" so we need drama, but jeez, let's try to get back on track...I'm still gonna watch though...

Is this the last season?

Old 09-28-2016, 05:47 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Especially after "new sister" told her to stop lying to her. Why not just say "I know you like the guy, but I also like the guy"...I know we're talking full on drama here, but let's have "SOME" realistic situations.

I really do like our characters but they're reverting in maturity, behavior...I don't want to see them go backwards and act like stupid teenagers. Again, I know this is a "drama" so we need drama, but jeez, let's try to get back on track...I'm still gonna watch though...

Is this the last season?
Can't rep ya, Shell.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:51 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaundercover View Post
won't last long. knowing that, it doesn't bother me anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV