Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 02:24 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Ugh ... I have to admit that that scene made me cry. When her son had his hands up and practicing "I am William George Bailey Jones. I am 13 ..." it gave me chills. To think that we live in a world where parents have to teach their kids that lesson ... and that other parents don't need to. It's heartbreaking.
Yeah, that part was difficult (but important) to watch. They also addressed "the talk" on Black-ish recently, and personally I'm glad they aren't sugarcoating things. This is a sad reality, no matter how many people try to deny it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 11:37 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,937 times
What a heavy episode! Another outstanding performance by Camilla luddington her cry laughing scene was so powerful! I hope Bethany joy lenz makes more appearances. Also great episode for Jackson and April, I really hope they get back together. Storylines like this that hit hard is what keeps me watching after 14 seasons

Old 01-27-2018, 01:55 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
My biggest takeaway from this week's episode: No one died because of a countertop appliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That was a convenient end to Jo's husband. I wonder if she will share the benefits she should receive from his death with the gf.

Is Kepner going to off herself? Is she going to get back with Matthew? Is this show ever going to end?
LOL, my thoughts exactly on all counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
Good show last night! I'm really glad they didn't draw that out over the rest of the season or have some season-ending cliffhanger involving that storyline. Now, Jo can marry Alex and finally be happy.
Will anyone ever be happy with Alex?

Quote:
Anyone else get emotional when Bailey was talking to her son at the end? I got a little choked up. What a horrible reality we live in!
That was so awful - I was crying for that family and for that little boy. I hate it that we live in a world where parents have to teach their sons those things.

Quote:
I didn't like the ending with April and the intern. I am hoping this is the start of opening her character's eyes so she and Jackson can get over the crap and get back together!
Yes to all points. Trysting with the intern was just weird - I expected it, based on the way the storyline was unfolding, and even given her first encounter with Jackson, it still seemed out of character for April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
I hope Bethany joy lenz makes more appearances.
If that's the actress that played the fiancee, I did like her. Show got rid of all Jo's girlfriends - she could really use one.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:00 AM

977 posts, read 1,109,685 times
So many serious topics in a single episode (although Jo's was actually a continuation)..... domestic violence, gaslighting, police/racism, complications of childbirth, even the value of organ donation! Outstanding, heart breaking, with a small amt of humor thrown in, or comic relief, in the form of the teenager and his problems/intern's reactions, and April's attempt to rid herself of over-seeing the contest. The "talk", and Jackson's story, addressed an important issue, in a believable context. What a sad and horrible reality....

I like the way the writer's finally, finally wrapped up Jo's problems.....does this mean Alex might get some happiness, too?

I didn't like the ending. I agree that it seemed out of character for April, as did the drinking. But I still like the show!

Old 01-28-2018, 06:10 PM

356 posts, read 281,709 times
Like Hertfordshire said, April is having a crisis of faith. I think we're going to see more out-of-character behavior from her. I see her going off the rails for a while, then she'll come back around. Maybe with Jackson?

Old 01-28-2018, 08:15 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVulcan500 View Post
Like Hertfordshire said, April is having a crisis of faith. I think we're going to see more out-of-character behavior from her. I see her going off the rails for a while, then she'll come back around. Maybe with Jackson?
They've beat that to death. They are over.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:00 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
April may denounce God...for ratings....She may feel like her God has forsaken her. I actually knew a pastor who suffered multiple losses of loved ones in a year and denounced God and became agnostic for awhile but then returned. I agree she is having a faith crisis and we will get to see naughty April now.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:28 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVulcan500 View Post
That would be awesome, but I doubt it will happen - they just don't seem to have that chemistry anymore. But that could be my jealousy speaking, lol.

Now pondering as though they were real people, I wonder if April is getting any piece of that $500M? If I were her, I'd be filing for an increase (or start?) of child support! And even though she probably wouldn't have any legal claim to it, he's the kind of guy who'd agree anyway. I mean, it's not like he can't spare a little. LOL

Old 02-03-2018, 12:37 AM

475 posts, read 648,600 times
What was up with Bailey not telling her husband, Ben that she was having a heart attack? That was really immature and behavior I would not have expected from her...

Old 02-03-2018, 05:03 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
What was up with Bailey not telling her husband, Ben that she was having a heart attack? That was really immature and behavior I would not have expected from her...
I'm behind this season; he's supposed to be leaving the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV