Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2018, 11:23 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,640,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
? I missed it, apparently.
In the previews for next week.

Spoiler
Looks like she dies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 04:39 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,091,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Well now we know what's going to happen to April
No coming back for her! Arizona is another matter.

The Bionic Woman looked pretty good for her age last night. Is Mama Kerev going to be a re-occurring role now?

Old 05-04-2018, 07:34 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,249,189 times
We're behind a few episodes. Guess we have to catch up this weekend.

I saw the article below the other day; looks like Ellen is done acting. I then googled to see what her last contract said, she signed for 2 more seasons on Greys although it hasn't been renewed passed season 14 yet. So will she stop the show in 2 seasons? Bigger question, will Shonda stop it when Ellen says enough? Greys has a good cast that can go on without the lead character.

Ellen Pompeo Admits the End of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Is Near, Talks Retiring From Acting to Focus on Motherhood - By Emily Longeretta - May 2, 2018

Quote:
An end is near for the employees at Grey-Sloan Memorial. While Shonda Rhimes has stated repeatedly that she’d continue working on Grey’s Anatomy as long as Ellen Pompeo wanted, the lead actress revealed to Us Weekly that she sees that day coming soon.

We’re getting there. Shonda and I will make that decision together,” she told Us exclusively on Tuesday, May 1.

...“there is an end and it’s nearing” when it comes to the ABC drama, which is currently in its 14th season. “I want to be more involved in my kids’ lives as they get older. And they need me more, and this world is such a crazy place,...
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Star Ellen Pompeo Signs Two-Year Contract Extension- By Joe Otterson - January 17, 2018 7:53AM PT

Quote:
“Grey’s Anatomy” star Ellen Pompeo has signed a two-year extension of her contract with ABC Studios, Variety has confirmed.

Under the deal, Pompeo will become a producer on “Grey’s Anatomy” as well as a co-executive producer on the yet untitled firefighter spinoff set to debut in the spring on March 22. She will reportedly earn $575,000 per episode under the new deal, making her the highest-paid actress on a television drama. Her production company, Calamity Jane, will also get office space on the Disney Burbank lot. She is currently developing a legal drama at ABC called “Big Law,” on which she serves as an executive producer.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:36 AM

16,344 posts, read 12,304,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Bigger question, will Shonda stop it when Ellen says enough? Greys has a good cast that can go on without the lead character.
But does it make sense to have a "Greys Anatomy" without a Grey? Would they rename the show "Anatomy"?

Old 05-04-2018, 09:01 AM

16,061 posts, read 26,640,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
But does it make sense to have a "Greys Anatomy" without a Grey? Would they rename the show "Anatomy"?
Agreed, if she leaves it should be over. It should have been over awhile ago!

Old 05-04-2018, 09:26 AM

23,789 posts, read 33,249,189 times
Quote:
The hospital name has Grey in it so they could focus on the hospitals anatomy lol I do wonder if that's the reason Shonda added Grey's name to the hospital, in case Ellen decided to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Agreed, if she leaves it should be over. It should have been over awhile ago!
I thought it should have ended when private practice was killed. Private practice had more life in it. I stopped watching Grey's for 2 seasons due to them killing PP. We ended up watching the 2 seasons, Greys grew on me again. A lot could happen in the next 2 seasons. Ellen could change her mind or the show could really go down hill.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,091,391 times
Quote:
Lmao.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:53 AM

16,344 posts, read 12,304,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The hospital name has Grey in it so they could focus on the hospitals anatomy lol I do wonder if that's the reason Shonda added Grey's name to the hospital, in case Ellen decided to walk.

Good point. I guess I still think of it as Seattle Grace.

Old 05-04-2018, 04:33 PM

39,793 posts, read 26,288,398 times
Quote:
Maybe another unknown sister will materialize?

Old 05-05-2018, 12:16 PM

41,728 posts, read 74,675,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
So done with this show. Their "stars" should have kept their political views to themselves. Nothing worse than people who pretend to be other people for a living, start telling real people what to think.
Actors are people, too. Their opinions carry no more or less weight than anyone else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Maybe another unknown sister will materialize?
There's always Molly. Maybe she will get her medical degree later in life. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV