Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 08:23 AM

1,416 posts, read 5,594,360 times

Advertisements

You're welcome! I too was surprised and pleased to see Kevin McKidd appear. I don't have SHO/HBO but when I rented the DVD of the 'Rome' series I was very impressed with his role in that; and also enjoyed him in 'Made of Honor' although I just couldn't get used to that thick Scottish burr. I wonder which (Scottish or non- ) is his 'natural' accent? If his natural accent is Scots then I'm even more impressed (just like Hugh Laurie playing a New Jerseyite ) !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 AM

620 posts, read 1,949,344 times
Anytime you miss something too, you can always go to ABC and catch up!

Its funny how everyone is so different. I can't stand the character of Owen Hunt.LOL.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:34 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,682,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfrazzled View Post
You're welcome! I too was surprised and pleased to see Kevin McKidd appear. I don't have SHO/HBO but when I rented the DVD of the 'Rome' series I was very impressed with his role in that; and also enjoyed him in 'Made of Honor' although I just couldn't get used to that thick Scottish burr. I wonder which (Scottish or non- ) is his 'natural' accent? If his natural accent is Scots then I'm even more impressed (just like Hugh Laurie playing a New Jerseyite ) !
Kevin McKidd is Scottish. It's amazing to me how he can sound so American. I thought he was really good in the short-lived Journeyman...

Old 11-02-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Anytime you miss something too, you can always go to ABC and catch up!

Its funny how everyone is so different. I can't stand the character of Owen Hunt.LOL.
Thanks for the tip! Like every character on Grey's, Owen Hunt is not everyone's cup of tea. I personally don't like the Lexie character. Overall it's a great show though...

Old 11-02-2008, 08:51 AM

620 posts, read 1,949,344 times
I ended up finding out about watching from ABC because I missed an episode when we moved and didn't have cable/satellite. I did a search for spoilers basically. When I found the site, I was so excited! The only thing is the site doesn't update until the day after the airing. I catch up on LOTS of shows this way. You can catch up on ALL the major network shows that way. Some of the shows have all the seasons.

When you do not have cable-it sure does help!

BTW~ G.A is one of my TOP favorites. I am sooo glad that Izzie and Alex are "together". Alex is my favorite on the show!

Old 11-02-2008, 10:50 AM

1,416 posts, read 5,594,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Kevin McKidd is Scottish. It's amazing to me how he can sound so American. I thought he was really good in the short-lived Journeyman...
Wow, so he's in Hugh Laurie's league as far as accents go, then.

I never heard of Journeyman, so I just google'd it... Wow, and it was a TIME TRAVEL based series?! That's one of my favorite genres when done right; I can't believe I missed it. Just also checked Amazon to see if it was put out on DVD... not yet. Drat!!! Grrrrr.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfrazzled View Post
Wow, so he's in Hugh Laurie's league as far as accents go, then.

I never heard of Journeyman, so I just google'd it... Wow, and it was a TIME TRAVEL based series?! That's one of my favorite genres when done right; I can't believe I missed it. Just also checked Amazon to see if it was put out on DVD... not yet. Drat!!! Grrrrr.
Journeyman was a great show! Unfortunately it must not have done too well in the ratings. It only lasted a few months. It really left the viewer hanging when the last ep aired. (I'm sure the writer's strike didn't help.) I hate when that happens...

Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,806,461 times
Default Grey's Anatomy fires Brooke Smith

Huffington Post is reporting that Grey's Anatomy has fired Brooke Smith, the actress who plays Dr. Hahn. The show's writers cite "poor chemistry" in the storyline with Dr. Callie Torres.

What do you all think? I think they are misguided. Brooke Smith is a terrific actress and her character was just becoming more interesting. First they fire Isaiah Washington, now Brooke Smith. Those were two of the strongest characters.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:32 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,980,052 times
I know that Melissa George is joining the show and she is going to be bi-sexual. Maybe she will be Callie's new fling.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 AM

41,914 posts, read 75,019,700 times
I don't watch this show, but shouldn't "poor chemistry" be blamed on the director? They never get fired for "poor directing," do they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV