Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times

Advertisements

I know he's cute and all, but Teddy still barely knows the guy and only married him to save his life. I guess maybe I'm overly cautious, but I can certainly see things going very slowly in that kind of relationship.

A very different series on Syfy, called Eureka, had one character find himself in an alternate Universe with a wife he barely knew. He gradually grew to love her as time went on and, for a rather silly if fun Sci-Fi series, I thought they handled it right. Even then there were some patches on the bumpy road to arranged love.

I think if Teddy was totally warm-hearted too fast it would make me see her as maybe a tad flaky. Also it would give them less to do as writers. I do think she should have asked more information about him, it was odd to think that would never come up, but otherwise I think in a weird way she seems more sensible than many of these characters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 03:29 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Yeah; I agree but I'd still like to see her be some what interested in him.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:01 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,937 times
I think they would be soioo adorable!!
I think Callie is going to switch sides again and be with Mark but then what happened to him and lil grey?

april and avery dont do it for me either...there boring

Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 AM

I think Callie's generally been clear she's bisexual or "kind of lesbian" as she put it once. Although they have been a bit confusing on that at times. To me though she pursued George and it's generally been clear she enjoys sex with Mark a fair amount. Although maybe in her mind it is a "I'm lesbian when I'm with a woman, I'm hetero when I'm with a man" kind of thing. (Or I'm projecting as I'm a bit bifurcated. When I'm attracted to guy I sometimes feel kind of "gay", or how I think being gay feels, but when I'm attracted to a woman I feel kind of manly or "straight.")

Old 01-18-2011, 08:35 AM

2,747 posts, read 465,340 times
You might have hit on something with that theory, Thomas, I've said before that I think Callie is unsure of her own sexual preferences. I think she is at the very least, at this point in time, a confused bi-sexual. Maybe someday they'll write in a clear direction for her to go in, because they can overplay this plot line.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:01 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I think Callie's generally been clear she's bisexual or "kind of lesbian" as she put it once. Although they have been a bit confusing on that at times. To me though she pursued George and it's generally been clear she enjoys sex with Mark a fair amount. Although maybe in her mind it is a "I'm lesbian when I'm with a woman, I'm hetero when I'm with a man" kind of thing. (Or I'm projecting as I'm a bit bifurcated. When I'm attracted to guy I sometimes feel kind of "gay", or how I think being gay feels, but when I'm attracted to a woman I feel kind of manly or "straight.")
Callie & George- I know he's not gay on the show but after that whole "thing".. I can't get him & Callie to even click in my brain.. Anyway; Callie has been hurt- George hurt her; she then slept with Mark. I think she & Mark always had a spark & even Callie was with Arizona.. Callie wanted to help raise Marks grandson. Callie & Arizona always felt wrong; I don't know if it's due to her loving sex with a man or just the forced vibe I get from her & Arizona. There was always something pulling them apart; like Callie wanting a kid & Arizona not. I hope they put Mark & Callie together but I have a feeling that Arizona will say; yes, it's ok, Mark loves little Grey; we'll all raise the baby together. I don't know how little Grey will feel but I have a feeling she isn't going to be happy.. which leaves Mark, Callie & Arizona- if Arizona says yes.

I think Callie is the type to love who she is with.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:01 PM

I thought they were okay together in the episodes I saw with them. (Remember I mostly quit the show for years and only came back here recently) Although in many ways Arizona is a bit too "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows", interestingly the woman who sang that did turn out to be lesbian, to really fit with Callie.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I thought they were okay together in the episodes I saw with them. (Remember I mostly quit the show for years and only came back here recently) Although in many ways Arizona is a bit too "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows", interestingly the woman who sang that did turn out to be lesbian, to really fit with Callie.

Didn't Leslie Gore sing that song? She's a lesbian??

Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Didn't Leslie Gore sing that song?
Yes, although it looks like she spells it Lesley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
She's a lesbian??
Also yes.

MUSIC - It's Lesley Gore's Career, She'll Revive It if She Wants To - NYTimes.com

Interview with Lesley Gore | People, Celebrities, Actresses & Profiles Of Gay, Lesbian & Bisexual Women In Movies, TV Shows & Music | AfterEllen.com - An interesting quote from this is "Well, I didn’t know until I was in my twenties." (I think people sometimes don't know until 16 or even 18, but 20s seem a bit late. Although maybe it's different for women)

Old 01-19-2011, 10:28 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
TY, Thomas. I LOVED Lesley Gore when I was a kid and still sing her songs Wed. nights at kareoke! Wow, "You Don't Own Me" sure took on a new meaning to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV