Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 12:06 PM

221 posts, read 202,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It wasn't a good episode, yet I cried!! It was emotional, but stupid as hell. How much more are they going to do to this poor woman? Her sister died, her husband died, her friends have died, she has been held hostage, in a plane crash....really stupid.
I cried too! I agree that everything they've put her through is horribly far fetched, but I think they did last night very well. I was even impressed with Ellen Pompeo, who I've never been a big fan of. It seems her best acting comes when she can't speak!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 12:09 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,812,715 times
Although it wasn't what I was expecting (hadn't read or seen previews), I actually enjoyed last night's episode. I loved that Jo came into Mer's room and covered Alex with a blanket. I loved how the Chief took Mer for a walk, sang and ignored her protests then gave her a lecture on forgiveness. I loved how she forgave the patient who beat her up and caused all her injuries. I loved that during her ability to only see and not speak or hear that Mer realized how many people care about her in spite of her bitchiness. I loved how it was the same person who helped cause Derek's death that saved Mer's life by cutting her wires and allowing her to take some much-needed breaths. I loved that Mer told Alex to go be with Jo, who really loves him.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:40 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
This convo went elsewhere hahaha I love the character of Callie because she lets it be known it isn't just a man's world and seems to command the same respect the male docs do and gets it. You don't always see that in real life among female docs with their male colleagues.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:40 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Well, the episode was certainly dramatic, I'll give it that. But the show took the trouble to build up all these little cliffhangers in November, and then ignored every single one of them last night.

I get that they're setting up more forgiveness subplots that have been bubbling - Owen and the doctor, Jackson and April, Meredith and the teeming multitudes that she feels has wronged her, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, since every character seems to be ticked off about something - but to have an entire episode focused on yet another of Meredith's crises was just too annoying.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:54 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
I didn't like the scene where Mer meets up with her attacker and forgives him. (sorta). The guy didn't shed a tear. Maybe it really wasn't his fault but still the guy should have been kept someplace where he got help. What medical condition would cause such a horrendous attack on another person? Never heard of anything like this after a seizure. JMHO

Old 02-12-2016, 09:42 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Well, the episode was certainly dramatic, I'll give it that. But the show took the trouble to build up all these little cliffhangers in November, and then ignored every single one of them last night.

I get that they're setting up more forgiveness subplots that have been bubbling - Owen and the doctor, Jackson and April, Meredith and the teeming multitudes that she feels has wronged her, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, since every character seems to be ticked off about something - but to have an entire episode focused on yet another of Meredith's crises was just too annoying.
I can't remember what was going on with Jackson and April.

He wanted divorce because she left?

But then changed his mind?

Old 02-13-2016, 12:33 AM

977 posts, read 1,109,685 times
Looked like Jackson may have given April divorce papers outside of Meredith's room---- or at least they had a brief argument about that...... plus at the very end it showed Karev going back to Jo, so maybe that will be resolved. Amelia got some help with her issues as a result of the horrific attack on Meredith and they are closer to forgiving each other, it seems, and since the Dr who was in charge of Meredith's care was her nemesis, and she treated her well, it allowed for some basis to build a relationship other than as widow vs Doc who killed Derek...... so in some way the writers did address the prior cliffhangers.

Wow, can't believe it's been since Nov!! I hate the way the shows are scheduled these days, as I have trouble following the plot with such a long hiatus! on another note, I think I would have been kinda angry at "the Chief" for his mini lecture on forgiveness, even though meant in a kind way. I think Ellen Pompeyo did a good job with this episode, and also thought the make-up people were great,lol!

Old 02-13-2016, 07:55 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
I really liked Thursday's episode although it reduced me to a blubbering mess because of the chief's talk with Mer about forgiving Derek for dying. It hit me like a ton of bricks that that was ME.

I agree, that was Pompeo's best work. Did anyone else catch who directed that episode?? None other than Denzel Washington! He delivered big time, IMO.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:32 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I didn't like the scene where Mer meets up with her attacker and forgives him. (sorta). The guy didn't shed a tear. Maybe it really wasn't his fault but still the guy should have been kept someplace where he got help. What medical condition would cause such a horrendous attack on another person? Never heard of anything like this after a seizure. JMHO
As an RN people coming out of a seizure can react violently but not to the extent he did. Yes they struggle and push you away but usually you can restrain them mostly to prevent them from hurting themselves. She was alone which isn't the norm too. Also being in fugue state usually they are not directed towards one object or a person but aimless bumping into things. He seemed to go after her which is unusual and the normal situation would have been for her to run for the door which she didn't and initially she could have. #ratings

Old 02-13-2016, 12:28 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
May we please focus on another issue? Why is Meredith still so pissed off at Amelia? What does she feel she needs to forgive Amelia for?
Why is she pissed off at Amelia at all? Or at Dr. Penny? Or at everyone else that she's perpetually pissed off at? Her self-involved rage is really getting old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
What medical condition would cause such a horrendous attack on another person?
He was injured in whatever Seattle-area calamity filled up the hospital's ER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV