U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 AM

6,946 posts, read 7,267,429 times

Advertisements

I understand a doctor feeling sorry for a patient, but marriage?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 09:47 AM

1,487 posts, read 2,039,552 times
I saw bits & pieces of last night. Can someone fill me in on why Christina was crying over the fish? I am sure it is symbolic but I missed the show up til that point!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:24 PM

2,747 posts, read 312,699 times
I don't think she was actually crying about the fish. My take is that it was supposed to symbolize her coming to terms with all the crap that she's been feeling about that whole shoot-out thing. I loved her fishing, though. I'm a fisherwoman myself, and seeing her out there trying to fish from textbook learning was really funny. And Arizona's back! What did everyone think about Callie slamming the door in her face? I personally think Callie's been acting like an ass. I'm the greatest star. No one else can do this surgery. Am I gay? No, this time I'm straight. Am I gay? I'm not sure.
Am I gay? Let me sleep with Mark one more time.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:03 PM

1,487 posts, read 2,039,552 times
I think Callie is bisexual. Definitely not gay because she wouldn't enjoy sleeping with Mark too. I tend to think Callie is confused and searching. The writers are making her character too multi dimensional. Mark is just a horn dog and will stick it in anything I wonder if he really likes little grey or the challenge. I hope Christina goes back to being a surgeon!

Old 12-03-2010, 06:12 PM

130 posts, read 362,395 times
Hey, never mind Christina, Callie and Mer...what about the pretty boy nurse (Franco from Rescue Me) Helllloooo!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 PM

13,856 posts, read 13,811,513 times
What I've seen of that arc Callie is pretty clearly bisexual or somewhere on that spectrum. She pursued George more than the other way round and I never got the sense that was just to hide something from herself. She enjoyed sex with Mark even when she was first into Erica.

What I saw of this episode her "I'm the greatest, I'm great" seemed more like something she was saying to buck herself up. Although being that way to Mark when they're in the shower did seem a bit rude. Still from when I watched the show regularly I remember she often very much did not feel like "the greatest", except maybe in a professional sense. Other people treated her like an Amazon and freak, her childhood she was the weird rich girl, etc. And in relationships she's mostly been dumped on. George with Izzie, Erica dumping her for being ethically compromised and not sufficiently lesbian, and apparently Arizona leaving her too. Even professionally Alex switched back to Stark, whoever that is, at the episode's end. So she sometimes does the overcompensating thing, well maybe that's it.

That said "The Office" episode I Tivoed was better than I expected so I don't know if I'll go back to this show or not.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:26 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,226,117 times
I don't think that what Callie felt for Arizona was love. If it was, she'd have hugged and kissed her and all would be forgiven. Who could love Arizona and slam that door? I know I wouldn't if I were her girlfriend. Callie's too much focused on herself, her needs, her...everything!
Cristina can't be okay until she deals with what happened that day. Crying when she held the firsh...that was a good beginning, but that's just the first step. And the nurse? I've never met a nurse who behaved like that! What cahones!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 PM

7,423 posts, read 9,336,221 times
I didn't get the whole Callie slamming the door in Arizona's face. Terrible ending.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:54 AM

12,532 posts, read 18,251,417 times
My take on the Christina with the fish thing was that she was holding a dead fish. She is a surgeon and usually likes to save people and holding the dead fish was a moment for her. She realized that she wants to help things live. On the previews we see that she is back at work and was in the OR with her hands in a body. However they wanted to spin it I am glad she is going back to work. I was getting tired of her not being at the hospital.

I was very proud of Callie for shutting the door in Arizona's face. She shouldn't be a doormat! She was left at the airport with no apartment, no job! You don't do that to someone you love. Arizona was in the previews for January in the hospital so I guess she got her job back.

I think that Callie has kind of fallen for Mark but he really is hot for Lexie. Poor Callie, she just can't seem to find happiness in her personal life. I did think that she looked so pretty in the last show; her new haircut is nice.

And let's dish about Miranda Bailey and the HOT nurse! Woohoo! Gonna be some good tv coming up there. Also, I loved her little dance when she dropped the patient charts off to the Chief about the fisula. I love her character being less intense and more fun.

FWIW I have heard nurses talking like that for years in the academic medical centers. Nurses there are also charged with training the resident doctors and it is in their nature to be a patient advocate with a more forceful voice than you hear nurses using in community hospitals. Whatever, it's just a show and we all know that it isn't real to do a transplant surgery in less than an hour too.

I am really enjoying the show. I do wish that Burke would come back. He may have been a bad boy in real life but I loved him with Christina.

Oh, and the patient in the wheelchair that the doctor is marrying. He is cute! I am glad he is going to be around for a while.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 AM

5,500 posts, read 6,032,166 times
I've never liked Callie, she's very selfish/self centered emotionally. She did Arizona a favor I think, Arizona can do better.
I love that Dr. Dreamy is able, and willing, to help Christina when everyone else who is closer to her can't. Especially since he has to fend off their stupidity and do what needs to be done.
I find it frustrating to the extreme that two Dr's who were in Iraq act so clueless about Christina's PTSD. Is this an oversight by clueless ignorant Hollywood writers?
I like Teddy and Owen better than Owen and Christina. I too thought Burke and Christina were better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV