Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times

Advertisements

I love Amelia! She is so unique....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 12:07 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
I'm not sure how else they can do it - FOX decided the show could only have one night a week.

I sure don't like it the way it is now.
Ah, I didn't know that. It is nice with just one show a week. I thought two shows definitely was overkill. But I feel for the dancers.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,654,246 times
OK, now this week, I didn't care for the group number!

I am really growing to like Will! I did already, mainly because of his personality, but last night while I didn't care for his & Amelia's dance overall, I really enjoyed watching him dance in it.

So - apparently the judges (or at least Nigel) know who's in the bottom 6 right away, after voting closes, and the other judges know before the show, so they know while the dancers dance. I can see that would give them a better chance to choose who's safe and who's not. It still seems very abrupt.

This season is very different, for me - there aren't as many of those "this is amazing!" moments as there have been in previous seasons. Maybe those will come later on, as the dancers learn more and more. I did enjoy Chehon and Witney's dance - not moved to tears, but it was beautiful. And I'm impressed with Witney! She's SO young, but she dances in a very mature, connected way.

Cat Deeley was gorgeous, as always. I hope this is the year for her Emmy - she's deserved it! She's a big part of the show for me. Did she say they won't be back 'til August 15th?

Old 07-26-2012, 03:58 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Yup, two week break for the show. I completely agree, the opening number horrid. None of the dances or routines are amazing so far.

Years before I remember several OMG I have to watch that routing again.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,529 times
Agreed veuv. It was all pretty much bad to not so bad. Meh. Maybe this show has run its course?

It was funny watching Nigel talk up Eliana after the routine ... why is he and Mary trying to talk her up so much? Even after Eliana insisted that it was all due to Cyrus' help, Nigel and Mary said, 'oh but you were more so'. Even Kat interjected that Cyrus was great too, Nigel and Mary said, 'oh but Eliana was much more so'. Funny.

... oh, it's because not enough people aren't voting for her.

Would be better if the contestants just rotated partners ... I bemoan the idea that Eliana is stuck with Cyrus for some time -- she won't be doing anything amazing anytime soon, I gotta say, unless it's a solo.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:55 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,654,246 times
Loved this week's show, though I wish Will had stayed over Cyrus. I do like Cyrus a lot, but Will is the better dancer. I'm still unsure about Cole - he's a little odd, but he is entertaining.

I know people complain about Cyrus adding robotics to every dance, but I see it as adding who he is to the dance, I really like it. I was so entranced by Melanie's dancing, I almost didn't watch him during their pair-up. So glad to see her again!

I thought I was going to love the show with all Mia Michaels choreography, but having them dance the same routines as previous seasons really fell short. Bad idea all around.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:37 AM

699 posts, read 1,014,903 times
I really like Cyrus as a person....but his dancing, imo, is a joke.
Sorry Lindsay went instead of Whtiney.
My fav is Eleana.....yes Cole is strange but he is the best male dancer.
I love watching previous contestants dance with these guys....especially Twitch and Anya....also Allison was great last night.
Winners are likely to be Eleana and Cyrus....disappointing season generally speaking, for me.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:30 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Funny, my wife thinks I like watching this show with her because of the dance routines. Silly wife lol

Old 08-31-2012, 08:37 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
I really like Cyrus as a person....but his dancing, imo, is a joke.
Sorry Lindsay went instead of Whtiney.
My fav is Eleana.....yes Cole is strange but he is the best male dancer.
I love watching previous contestants dance with these guys....especially Twitch and Anya....also Allison was great last night.
Winners are likely to be Eleana and Cyrus....disappointing season generally speaking, for me.
Agreed, this season has fallen short. Not sure how Cyrus keeps making it through. Most of the guest judges are useless.

Eh, for the last two episodes it has become unbearable to watch, the dance routines are blah, and I've just ended up fast forwarding just to watch Eliana.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
I have to agree with everyone who is disappointed with this season, it's not working for me either. Cyrus' dancing is far below most of the other season's street dancers, I think he should have been sent home a long time ago. I have been hoping that as the group thins out I will start caring about some of them, but it's just not happening. The dancers aren't standing out for me this season. Amelia was interesting for me, but she didn't even make it to the top 10.

Eliana is wonderful, she's a great dancer and she has tons of charisma. Unfortunately, some moronic producer decided that airing a story about her accidentally killing her pet bird was a good idea, now when I see her it's all I can think about. Pet birds are family members with amazing little individual personalities, and they love their owners with a passion. The story was horrifying, and when it happened it must have been devastating for her, that's not a cute little anecdote. For people who don't understand, imagine if it were her dog or cat, would they have been so flippant about it? I don't think so.

Last edited by detshen; 09-02-2012 at 12:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV