Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 07:29 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times

Advertisements

he didn't. Gordon was trying to make a point to the owner that he needs to stop "cleaning up" after his staff and take charge and run his business like a boss should.

EDIT: I just saw your edit R.J., well if anyone else does not know, now they do if they read this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
he didn't. Gordon was trying to make a point to the owner that he needs to stop "cleaning up" after his staff and take charge and run his business like a boss should.

EDIT: I just saw your edit R.J., well if anyone else does not know, now they do if they read this.
Yeah I jumped the gun and should have watied till the commercial break ended It seemed to happen so quickly and was cranky I missed it! Good shows as always this week.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:01 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
So, did Aurellio the chef quit the restaurant (Sante La Brea) after he came back just for Gordon and the relaunch of the restaurant? I would hope that the owner would have found somebody else and canned that guy's *ss. That chef was so cocky and thought he was in control, well, he was actually until the owner grew a pair. I didn't like the little comments the chef made to the owner when the owner tried to control his restaurant.

The other episode (Campanillia, or whatever it was called) was a repeat, but I watched it anyway. I just thought those young adults needed to grow up.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:04 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,414,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
So, did Aurellio the chef quit the restaurant (Sante La Brea) after he came back just for Gordon and the relaunch of the restaurant? I would hope that the owner would have found somebody else and canned that guy's *ss. That chef was so cocky and thought he was in control, well, he was actually until the owner grew a pair. I didn't like the little comments the chef made to the owner when the owner tried to control his restaurant.

The other episode (Campanillia, or whatever it was called) was a repeat, but I watched it anyway. I just thought those young adults needed to grow up.
They never did say if he canned the so called chef. I thought the chef wanted his money (Ramsey paid) and he wasn't coming back. Hope he didn't go back.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:27 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,525 times
Quote:

He really was. I was hoping that he would fire him, before the relaunch.
The chef had told his boss "Do you want to cook" WTH...who are you ?
He comes 2 hrs late and the owner just lets that slide !! I'm glad he got tough on them.

The owner was too calm and soft with his workers, thats why they walked all over him like that

Old 01-16-2009, 12:01 AM

Did you guys watch tonight's episodes? Giuseppi's Trattoria and Cafe 36? I am glad the family got their act together so that Sam could run the Trattoria, but Dad seemed like a major control freak and I don't know if even now he would be able to stay out of the kitchen and allow Sam to run things, but I hope so. Then, on the Cafe 36 episode, I couldn't wait for those people to get rid of Pinto! I am so glad that guy grew a pair and made relaunch night Pinto's last night. Stupid move - getting into the restaurant business without any restaurant experience or background, but they genuinely seemed to appreciate Gordon's help, so I hope they make it.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:46 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
The restaurant industry is not one to be managed by "pushovers" - the employees will know exactly how far they can push. That couple last night who had "Pinto" were just too darn "nice" - and then when the server, who is the one who has to face the customers and explain the crappy kitchen service diplomatically, tells the owner that he needs to be more visible, and Pinto needs to be fired, then the owner finds his ******* to come down on the server? How ridiculous - I hope they apologized to the server since he was freakin' RIGHT to begin with, considering they fired Pinto the freezer queen the next day.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The restaurant industry is not one to be managed by "pushovers" - the employees will know exactly how far they can push. That couple last night who had "Pinto" were just too darn "nice" - and then when the server, who is the one who has to face the customers and explain the crappy kitchen service diplomatically, tells the owner that he needs to be more visible, and Pinto needs to be fired, then the owner finds his ******* to come down on the server? How ridiculous - I hope they apologized to the server since he was freakin' RIGHT to begin with, considering they fired Pinto the freezer queen the next day.
Yes. I looked at my husband and we were both like WTF??? when the server was trying to talk to the owner. I know Gordon told the owner to stand up for himself and I think the owner was trying to do that, but it was misplaced. He needed to stand up to Pinto - not the server, who was absolutely correct. Even before the end of the show hubby and I were saying the owner should bump Barney up into Pinto's position. So glad they took "our" advice!

Don't you just want to slap some of these people around???!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 AM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Quote:
Did you guys watch tonight's episodes? Giuseppi's Trattoria and Cafe 36? I am glad the family got their act together so that Sam could run the Trattoria, but Dad seemed like a major control freak and I don't know if even now he would be able to stay out of the kitchen and allow Sam to run things, but I hope so. Then, on the Cafe 36 episode, I couldn't wait for those people to get rid of Pinto! I am so glad that guy grew a pair and made relaunch night Pinto's last night. Stupid move - getting into the restaurant business without any restaurant experience or background, but they genuinely seemed to appreciate Gordon's help, so I hope they make it.
Twinkle Toes, was this a re-run?

Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM

I had never seen either episode they played last night so I don't know. But I think the Cafe 36 episode was new because my 'Guide' said (2009). Guiseppi's might have ben a re-run but I had not seen it before. It said (2008) on the Guide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV