Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:37 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Going back to ABC might have begun as an idea that petered out. GR and company must have had to back off of their intended agenda and were left with a whole lot of same old same old.

Let's hope that one has been put to bed for good.

Kitchen Nightmares has already been international, it began across the pond first. No shortage of floundering businesses exist on this continent, less travel and cheaper to film - we expect the Canadian version soon?
If everyone remembers the new season was postponed for 3 or 4 weeks. I bet that they were going to go back and do the Nightmare treatment and things fell through (likely from the cat lady's side) so this episode was the result.

Look, that place is busier than Hell (if local news is to be believed). And so what if the food is lousy. People go once to see the freak show and still pay the tab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 02:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
I'd have to steer clear of that place! I'd most likely end up popping a cap in Amy's ass and probably her good-for-nothing-gangster husband too!!! The LAST thing we want to be reading about is Twinkle Toes arrested for murder!!!!! I don't look good in orange, and black and white stripes aren't my favorite either!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:43 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I'd have to steer clear of that place! I'd most likely end up popping a cap in Amy's ass and probably her good-for-nothing-gangster husband too!!! The LAST thing we want to be reading about is Twinkle Toes arrested for murder!!!!! I don't look good in orange, and black and white stripes aren't my favorite either!
Well, see now you'd be in Maricopa County where Sheriff Joe is the man, so you'd be wearing a pink tutu and picking up trash on the side of the road.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:49 PM

226 posts, read 284,835 times
I'm guessing they went back to Amy's Baking Company due to the publicity the company got after its Facebook posts. Not gonna lie, I did enjoy seeing those memes on TV.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:23 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
I had no idea there were cartoons, (South Park?), songs, parodies and other "tributes" to those two self-centered. attention seeking, loud mouthed characters. I know Gordon wanted to do a follow-up, but he didn't want to go back there, and they didn't want him there, so he stayed in LA and hired a news reporter to do the interviews. I wonder if the Dr. Phil show that had them on is up on Netflix or Hulu? I think it aired April 9th.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:17 AM

579 posts, read 762,042 times
In case you guys aren't aware. This Blog has somewhat recent updates on all seasons in the shows history. Checking on Yelp for most recent performance also helps

Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares Blog: Kitchen Nightmares Open or Closed - Full Episode List

Old 04-17-2014, 05:46 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
In case you guys aren't aware. This Blog has somewhat recent updates on all seasons in the shows history. Checking on Yelp for most recent performance also helps

Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares Blog: Kitchen Nightmares Open or Closed - Full Episode List

That is a very interesting link. Thanks. Somewhat appalling that, for Season 2 for instance, every single restaurant ended up closing.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:26 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,122,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I wonder if the Dr. Phil show that had them on is up on Netflix or Hulu? I think it aired April 9th.
I haven't watched the whole show mainly because I can't stand Dr. Phil. Add those two freaks and YIKES!
I watched a few clips here: Dr. Phil.com - Shows - <i>Kitchen Nightmares'</i> Most Controversial Couple on the Defensive!

Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times
Interesting link Red_Devil! I'm not surprised so many ultimately closed. Restaurants are a tough business.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:34 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
The fun couple on Dr. Phil.

Watch Dr Phil Show Clip: Dr. Phil Asks Amy and Sammy About Their Behavior on "Kitchen Nightmares" Video Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV