Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 08:30 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,104 times

Advertisements

What was up with Mike this week? I mean...he cried everytime you looked at him and yet he said he wasn't intimidated by anyone...but he cried. The owners seem nice and I hope they can be in business for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 05:24 AM

325 posts, read 1,076,871 times
I love this show!! I was so mad that I missed the second episode. I have been so busy lately but I just checked out last weeks epi (The Mixing Bowl). Mike was beyond the biggest baby on Earth. He is to sensitive for the restaurant business. I was in the business for a long time and I have cried from time to time, but it was because we were super busy or a customer really ticked me off. This guy was to much for me. As someone mentioned earlier the owners seem like an awesome family. I hope it works out for them. The restaurant looked great after the remodeling of the dining room. Cant wait for tonights epi!!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,192 times
I love this show, but it bothers me how the show provides a totally remade kitchen. I am not sure some of these restaurants are really working for, and deserve that! Plus, they never talk about the bad debt they are likely in - like they do in the BBC version. It's good tv, but I still think the BBC version is more "real" less "hollywood".

Old 10-11-2007, 07:55 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,082 times
Default Missed

OK is the prerequisite for the show to have a cryer & whinner & "hug me" dude on EVERY episode???

gag-

what was up with the Momma's boy at the seascape? I missed most of the show but I did catch him asking my nocturnal boyfriend Gordon for a HUG.

And Gordo' didn't tell him to F off? Grow a spine? And a set of balls? All the boo-hooing on the show makes me ill. Then at the end of the episode it read that they sold the restaurant after five months- anyway.....

Old 10-11-2007, 08:13 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
OK is the prerequisite for the show to have a cryer & whinner & "hug me" dude on EVERY episode???

gag-

what was up with the Momma's boy at the seascape? I missed most of the show but I did catch him asking my nocturnal boyfriend Gordon for a HUG.

And Gordo' didn't tell him to F off? Grow a spine? And a set of balls? All the boo-hooing on the show makes me ill. Then at the end of the episode it read that they sold the restaurant after five months- anyway.....
Why do people always want to hug him?
I think it's pack behavior; sub-dominant people want validation from the alpha (Gordon in this case). And he must recognize the phenomenon since he casually accepts a lot of hugs, despite his overall prickliness.

And I'm glad the guy sold the restaurant - he was born into the job, and may just not want it. Without the need to please Daddy's memory (Gordon gave him a little therapy) the guy cashed in the restaurant and went on his way - he probably should have done this years ago.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,192 times
The editing of this show is really starting to bother me. They take scenes, where people are in the same clothes as on the supposed first day, and then claim the scenario is now happening the 2nd or 3rd day! Or that something is happening in sequence with some other drama, but then I notice that they are wearing a different outfit or something that matches up with some other time. I think they take quotes that occured over something and make them seem in context over an entirely different scenario!

I still watch (and like) this show - but it's not doing the original any justice! I can tell it's just a watered down, Americanized "let's make it sensational" "crazy reality can you believe that" type of show.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:45 AM

30,304 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Please tell me it isn't true !

Peter was acting the FOOL !

I too thought it may be scripted. I just can't beleive a grown business man would act that way!
I've worked in the food industry, and trust me - people like him DO exist! Worked at a pizza place for a while, and the manager was so dumb I had to help her balance the books every night. She'd be sitting there with a puzzled, frustrated look (think Kelly from Married with Children, LOL), and I just had to help! And don't even get me started on cleanliness, especially at another large-chain pizza place I worked at.

I've been watching Kitchen Nightmares, and kinda like it so far... I actually find it more interesting than Hell's Kitchen, since it has a "satisfying conclusion" each episode. Plus it's hard to judge chefs when you can't taste their food, LOL. Btw, good to hear I'm not the only one who thinks Gordon's hot.

Last edited by gizmo980; 10-11-2007 at 08:55 AM..

Old 10-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,351 times
I LOVE TO EAT OUT !

but this is starting to wear on me.
I love the show, but........
makes you wonder how many places are run like that.
I too, have worked in the food service business. I have never seen anything like some of these places.
WHERE is the health department ????
This last rest. supposedly scored a 95 with the health department.... are they paying them off??

Old 10-11-2007, 08:56 AM

30,304 posts, read 51,908,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
I LOVE TO EAT OUT !

but this is starting to wear on me.
I love the show, but........
makes you wonder how many places are run like that.
I too, have worked in the food service business. I have never seen anything like some of these places.
WHERE is the health department ????
This last rest. supposedly scored a 95 with the health department.... are they paying them off??
You're right, some of that stuff was appalling... I saw a few gross things at restaurants (old cheese, dropped items being served, etc.), but nothing THAT bad! I think the worst was that Indian place, where they had a cockroach infestation - and the moldy, bug-filled pesto from last night. Yech!! Makes me want to cook at home more often, LOL.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 PM

10,175 posts, read 11,158,716 times
I was gagging last nite - Why Isn't the Board Of Health involved. Those places were discusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV