Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 06:35 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
edited to add:
I just looked up Peter Stormare and he is Swedish. Very minor accent...
Stormare used to do those hilarious "Unpimp ze auto" Volkswagen commercials

I too hope they can manage to keep Vic and Walt's relationship on an adult level without resorting to a lame romantic theme. If they did force a relationship, it would contradict the whole character that he has built up. Lets hope the producers see it that way too.
One of the most refreshing aspects of this show, is that they can work together without going that old tired route.

Could there have been a 3rd gunman?

That kid with the baseball bat was creepy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 08:00 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,618,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMNan View Post

I too hope they can manage to keep Vic and Walt's relationship on an adult level without resorting to a lame romantic theme. If they did force a relationship, it would contradict the whole character that he has built up. Lets hope the producers see it that way too.
One of the most refreshing aspects of this show, is that they can work together without going that old tired route.

The kid with the baseball bat was extremely creepy.

I like the layering of plots in the show. The writers on this show are great. I can not wait for the next episode.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:23 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:

I've never watched any of those VW commercials but they were funny.

I'm not opposed to romantic relationships either but sick of them in every show, movie and play it sure seems. Totally agree it would contradict his character too.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:53 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
Good episode. A nice break from the main storyline. 2 gripes: 1. Peter Stormare is one of my favorite character actors, but I just don't buy him as a country boy. A slightly scewy anti-government type? Yes. A country guy? Not so much. 2. The direction the writers seem to be taking with Walt and Vic. Their chemistry as coworkers is one thing but to involve them romantically? I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't want this to happen. Sadly we're probably a few voices in a loud outcry. That and it's not like the writers will listen to us anyway
LOVE Peter Stormare...he's Swedish and can do about any accent but I cringe when he tries country-fried! Drives me nuts. But yes, he was very convincing as the bad guy, no doubt.

I do like Walt and Vic's chemistry but I will be seriously disappointed if it goes further. Yes, they almost had a dalliance but thankfully, duty called. They're both probably lonely in their own way (especially Walt) but now that they were on the edge, I'm hoping they take many steps back.

Last night was some good closure on many fronts, I think:

- Sean can either leave b/c he knows Vic's true feelings about Walt...but I hope he tries to reconcile with her.
- Vic can close the door on Walt once she knows he lived in the shootout b/c it's a fruitless union.
- Some of you didn't like the Gorski ending but I did...he really had a good convo with Walt and learned a lot about himself, I think, and just said "goodbye"...as if he really had no more energy to give to his stalker tendencies. IDK...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Yes, and Branch felt obligated AFTER learning that Vic had "ratted" on another cop in Philly. He took the opportunity to do so since Vic was otherwise missing.

Do we think it's Branch saving Walt's behind?
I also wondered what happened to Branch...I'm sure he followed the "trail" to Chance's place and all the hoopla going on there. It was light out when he found their cars on the side of the road...and the shootout didn't take place until dark. I'm hoping that he had Walt's back in some way.

I think there will be much tension between Vic and Branch next week and maybe other episodes, but it'll iron out because I WANT IT TO!!! I like the team...they work well together, including Ferg and Ruby. Walt needs to figure out his wife's murderer, free Henry and then devote some time to Branch's shooter. See? I've decided we need to wrap up a few things to set it right!

PS: That kid with the bat freaked me out! Evil is everywhere...even in children who are raised that way...no rehabilitation and ALL HATE. Very freaky!

Old 07-16-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Some of you didn't like the Gorski ending but I did...he really had a good convo with Walt and learned a lot about himself, I think, and just said "goodbye"...as if he really had no more energy to give to his stalker tendencies. IDK...

I dig that ending if that is truly how he feels it is resolved in his mind & heart. But in real life I've never witnessed anybody in my life be that cool about walking away from something they were obsessive about for whatever reason the obsession.

I think there will be much tension between Vic and Branch next week and maybe other episodes, but it'll iron out because I WANT IT TO!!! I like the team...they work well together, including Ferg and Ruby. Walt needs to figure out his wife's murderer, free Henry and then devote some time to Branch's shooter. See? I've decided we need to wrap up a few things to set it right!

Quick get the writers on the phone with these storyline directions I like them.

PS: That kid with the bat freaked me out! Evil is everywhere...even in children who are raised that way...no rehabilitation and ALL HATE. Very freaky!

Seems I'm the odd duck out here again I saw sadness & hurt when they showed his face sitting on the couch before any bat came out. Like he knew what the adults were doing was wrong but he must live there so he goes along with them. It was freaky to see a boy hit a head with a bat for sure. Sickening kids are really groomed in hatred from early ages as in a whitewashed mentality.
I like seeing more of the Henry storylines of what is right & wrong between Indian law & white man's law. I'd hope it would spark a nerve in some Americans of the history between the 2. I don't want it to get all political on either side just expose some of the differences and how much was taken from the Indian nations.

So when Henry says “It's another beautiful day at the Red Pony Bar and continual soiree how can I help you?". I'd like to envision one day our whole nation being as one hey a person can dream right?

Old 07-16-2014, 02:47 PM

Jax...can't rep you again, but I like your ideas!

I agree about obsessive people, but there really seemed to be a resolve in Gorski's voice and with the events of the day, it just seemed like that part of the story is being put to rest...but I suppose time will tell.

See, when I looked at that boy, I saw indifference not sadness. I saw someone perfectly willing to do what they wanted him to do...he had done that before. It is sickening that kids are groomed from an early age to hate...it always surprises and disgusts me even though I know...

Once Henry and Branch's ordeals are somewhat resolved, I also hope that we get back to Indian/white laws, the ways of the Wyoming country, the quirkiness of that small county (which is a made up county I think)...I love Henry's saying when he answers the phone...and I loved it when Walt tended bar and said that saying on the phone...didn't he? I thinks so and it was pretty dang funny!

Old 07-16-2014, 03:01 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Jax...can't rep you again, but I like your ideas!

I agree about obsessive people, but there really seemed to be a resolve in Gorski's voice and with the events of the day, it just seemed like that part of the story is being put to rest...but I suppose time will tell.

See, when I looked at that boy, I saw indifference not sadness. I saw someone perfectly willing to do what they wanted him to do...he had done that before. It is sickening that kids are groomed from an early age to hate...it always surprises and disgusts me even though I know...

Once Henry and Branch's ordeals are somewhat resolved, I also hope that we get back to Indian/white laws, the ways of the Wyoming country, the quirkiness of that small county (which is a made up county I think)...I love Henry's saying when he answers the phone...and I loved it when Walt tended bar and said that saying on the phone...didn't he? I thinks so and it was pretty dang funny!
Me too.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I loved it when Walt tended bar and said that saying on the phone...didn't he? I thinks so and it was pretty dang funny!
He stammered around trying to remember what to say & kind of trailed off without finishing it that was the funniest part. But hey he was trying.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
He stammered around trying to remember what to say & kind of trailed off without finishing it that was the funniest part. But hey he was trying.
He WAS trying...and yea, that was the funniest part!

Old 07-19-2014, 08:12 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Filmed here in New Mexico (yaaayy!) it's about a recently widowed sheriff on the job in rural Wyoming.
Lots of interaction with the Rez, beautiful scenery, horses, cool old trucks.

I'm not familiar with the lead actor, Robert Taylor, but I'll prettymuch watch anything with Lou Diamond Phillips in it. Also Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck from BSG)

Watched the premier last night - a little slow, as to be expected since they're developing the characters, but I really liked it and will definitely be back for more.

Anyone else see it? Didja like it?
Just started watching it on Netflix. Great show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV