Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 10:42 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,618,031 times

Advertisements

Dang, dang, dang! Now I have to get Netflix to find out what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 07:23 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
Binge watched about 2/3rds of season 4 yesterday. I of course liked it. I think there are a few rougher spots in the writing and one time supporting actors. And the important flower of the one episode looked pretty obviously fake.

I think the story lines have been good.

Spoiler
Really sorry to see Branch dead. I miss his character a lot. Was that in the books was the actor busy?

Love seeing Lucius. The actor is familiar but now older. I apparently haven't seen him in anything in between so while I recognize him sort of he doesn't ring a bell. I think he's a great actor though. I'll probably IMBD him at some point. More Lucius! He should have his own show.

A little worried about Henry. He is obviously going through some psychological pain and problems and Longmire and everyone else seems to be oblivious. Not the first time Longmire has let Henry down.

But of course my favorite part of the Longmire is the location and lifestyle.

I want to live there. I want Henry's green truck. I want Branch's house. Not because it was big and fancy, it is too big for me, but the location looked incredible.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:54 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,831,271 times
Who was Hector?

I don't remember his character from previous episodes.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:26 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,766,516 times
Gisela

I can understand wanting Branch's house. Personally I like Walt's. Nice and simple. Sure the upkeep on all that wood would probably kill me financially but all that beautiful wide open space is breathtaking to me.

Fat Freddy

Hector was used by the Cheyenne on the reservation as sort of muscle for hire. Abusive husband? Racist redneck? Hector was the guy to deal with them

I'm halfway through and I am loving season 4. As much as I like Graham Greene as an actor, I have to say Malecki is downright despicable. He needs to be back in jail. Or 6 feet under. I'm good either way

Old 09-13-2015, 12:52 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,123,754 times
Giesela~

Lucius is played by Peter Weller; he is best known as Officer Murphy/Robocop. He has been in the industry for quite a long time.

I really love the fact that he has a MA in Roman ans Rennaissance Art and is working towards his Ph.d and he teaches at Syracuse University. He has had a couple of series on the History Channel (back when they actually had programs about history!).

I know that he has directed a couple of the Longmire episodes. He is a talented individual.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:34 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times
Thanks melaniej65. So, a truly creative actor, interesting.

I watched the remaining episodes last night. Basically pretty good but with some really irritating plot stuff. The same sort of stuff that gets irritating in mystery books and horror movies. You know, like "why would you go in the basement?" In this case, for one example, why on earth didn't Longmire talk back to that oil foreman?
Spoiler
The foreman actually hadte audacity to threaten Longmire with a lawsuit. I would have already been in contact with the CEO of that oil company informing them that they are harboring a bunch of rapists and that their foreman is not only enabling them but actively involved in threatening people and if they want to have any kind of community support they better get on that or suffer a lot of bad press. I mean, that was all just sort of stupid and hence irritating. P.S. I don't think a woman who says "dont you think this is a little too quiet" is the woman for Longmire.

In general Longmire sort of screws up a lot I think in the last few episodes by his weakness of being a one man do it all, keep it all to himself, kinda guy.

If you want a season 5 give it lots of stars on Netflix.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:36 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,668,186 times
I think I'll steer clear of this thread until I've watched all the shows. I'm only up to E3 so far. See you guys in a few weeks...

Old 09-16-2015, 08:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Lucian is the old uncle of Branch, right? We've only watched the first 2 of these new Longmires. SPOILER ALERT!

I am so disappointed about Branch.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:47 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
Giesela~

Lucius is played by Peter Weller; he is best known as Officer Murphy/Robocop. He has been in the industry for quite a long time.

I really love the fact that he has a MA in Roman ans Rennaissance Art and is working towards his Ph.d and he teaches at Syracuse University. He has had a couple of series on the History Channel (back when they actually had programs about history!).

I know that he has directed a couple of the Longmire episodes. He is a talented individual.
Peter Weller was in Sons of Anarchy. He played Charles Barosky a retired dirty cop operating a bakery and of course pimping and drug dealing on the side.

We have completed Netflix season 4 and did enjoy it. We gave it all the stars so they will hopefully film season 5. Of course the way it ended they have no choice but to film season 5.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:34 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Don't forget you can "chat live" with Netflix and tell them thanks for picking up Longmire too! They do keep records I've been told when I speak with them about certain titles. Every little bit helps to bring back a good show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV