Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times

Advertisements

Arrgh! Every time I see that Camilla's face I want to smash it in. I also want to throttle Prince Charles.

OMG, I'd still throw my panties at Tom Jones! He's still so sexy!

Sir Elton rocked the Palace! It is nice seeing "the kids" (William, Kate and Harry) singing along. I am really enjoying this!

Last edited by tamiznluv; 06-05-2012 at 07:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 08:22 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
They just don't make Queen concerts like they used to.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:53 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Arrgh! Every time I see that Camilla's face I want to smash it in. I also want to throttle Prince Charles.

OMG, I'd still throw my panties at Tom Jones! He's still so sexy!

Sir Elton rocked the Palace! It is nice seeing "the kids" (William, Kate and Harry) singing along. I am really enjoying this!
hasn't come on here yet. Worth watching though-eh?
I thought Sir Elton was sick??

Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,921,628 times
I enjoyed the show very much- it just wrapped up here on the east coast
I'm with you about Camilla, in fact I was thinking earlier today while she was riding in the coach beside the queen that she probably can't even believe it herself how far she's come in the last few years.
Princess Anne is the one who cracks me up- have you EVER seen a hairdo like that in your life- for the love of the kingdom get that lady a stylist!!

Old 06-05-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
hasn't come on here yet. Worth watching though-eh?
I thought Sir Elton was sick??
He just got over a bout of pneumonia but said he "wouldn't let his Queen or country down for anything".

Sir Paul stunk but he's an icon too.

"God Bless America" is "God save the Queen/King". "Pomp and Circumstances" is British! IDNK that! Keith Lockhart who conducts The Boston Pops was doing the conducting for the Queen!

ABC gyped us! We didn't see the comedians Prince Charles refered to nor Annie Lennox!

For a split second I thought that was Princess Margaret but then remembered she was dead and realized it was Princess Ann. Oh my, what a horse face like they used to call her. I haven't seen a beehive in decades!

The end fireworks made me think The White hOuse looks like The Palace and the red/white/blue was eerily American but I guess we are the ones eerily British!

Made me want to be a Brit tonight! Wish we had a leader we (mostly) all could love.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:24 PM

LOL Mark S. Yeah, that was the Queen I loved to hear sing!

I noticed last night when Prince Charles had the crowd do 3 cheers for Her Majesty, she was seen lowering her arm at the end. Now I do believe it is bad manners to clap, cheer for yourself, but I give Her Majesty a pass on that one because I don't think as Queen, she has been able to do a proper British cheer since she took over the throne. WWII had already ended and I think the King and Winston probably did a cheer!

I learned so much about this past couple of weeks about QEII from tv that I never knew!

I wonder how many people who weren't adults when Elizabeth took the throne knew Prince Phillip was Greek?? I didn't. I always assumed he was either English or German at the most.

Princess Elizabeth was an ambulance driver and mechanic during the war? She loved being amongst the "common people".

Now I know why Princess Ann loves horses so much, her mother does too.

I'm very glad to have gotten to "know" Queen Elizabeth before she passes and a very long era comes to an end.

I'd love to see Elizabeth skip over Charles and crown William as King but I don't think she'll do that. Not unless she thinks William will be better at the helm than Charles and I haven't a clue about that. I just do not like Charles nor Camilla because of Diana and because of Diana I love Will and Kate.

Hee-hee, nothing like highjacking my own thread what? (still feeling the love for the Brits here) My great uncle was a Beefeater for the King, so I have Brit in my genes.
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/Beefeaters.htm

Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,273,545 times
Did you notice that the Queen had earplugs in her ears during the concerts?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-06-2012, 04:09 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times
I missed the beginning, turning it on to see what was on. Don't watch much this time of year.

I really enjoyed it, especially the whole atmosphere of joy. Makes me wish G. Washington hadn't turned down the offer. A ceremonial monarch means you can honor your country without having to honor a politician. Maybe we need an offical, non-political Head of State.

But what really got me was watching McCartney doing Beatle songs, thinking of 1964. Who would have believed that fourty eight years later the Liverpuddlian lad would be *Sir* Paul McCartney and be singing the songs and multitudes to the Queen, and stand next to her on stage? Wow, what an amazing pathway.

Loved the fireworks. Sure wish we got to hear the commedians. People do watch PBS and get British humor.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:07 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,340,579 times
I haven't seen any of it yet. I thought the queen and also Kate looked beautiful. I heard announcers mention several times about the ear plugs. Do you think the queen dances around Buckingham Palace to Elton, Paul, Annie, or any of the others?

Old 06-06-2012, 05:51 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,150,148 times
We got a very condensed version here - I was following some of my Brit friends comments on Facebook when it was live and they were unmerciful about some of the 'artists'. I think it will be repeated on Saturday night on ABC

IMO 'our' Stevie Wonder blew away the Brits except for this - which was not shown in the ABC edit:

Tom Jones - Mama Told Me Not To Come [Live, TQDJ] - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV