U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-08-2010, 09:38 AM

2,212 posts, read 3,168,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Am In the only one that finds it interestingly ironic that Jake (during the Jillian season) went well out of his way (in pilot uniform and all) to fly to Austin and warn Jillian about Wes (the sleazy guy with the girlfriend that she kept after letting Jake go) yet Jake brushed off each and every attempt to warn him about Vienna? Even his own family?
Yes! I said that before too...how it's interesting that he totally ignored the advice of neary every single woman in the house when they warned him about Vienna yet he was so miffed during Jillian's season that she refused to take his opinion of Wes into account.

I don't think that Jake has let us see the "real Jake." If he's not a pilot and in fact, a LIMO owner, he's even more of a douche than I thought. He's one of the millions of people out there who are trying to get on reality tv and because he's fairly smart, he understood that the producers were looking for a "persona" and Jake remade himself to be that person...pilot, humble, the "black sheep", sensitive, etc. In fact he was just a typical dude on the single scene who picks the bimbo.

Someone previously mentioned it, but I too thumbed through the People magazine at the grocery store and nearly gagged. The two of them deserve each other and will likely be those reality tv show people who have tasted fame and will do anything to keep it. Jake's going to find out soon when he gets voted off DWTS quickly that America thinks he's an idiot and his 15 minutes of fame are up. He and Vienna are going to end up on shows like I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here or Celebrity Apprentice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 10:40 PM

3,730 posts, read 10,903,682 times
Why did they pick Ali over Tenley? Also was Ali really into Jake, and the so fake call she did make.
Ali is no sweetheart, and she gave or so the plan was go back to work and become miss bachelorette.
Also why not a new person rather than what we saw- At first yes, she did seem kind and then? So quit your real job and Jake does not want you back.
Why do it once more and give your job up?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:13 AM

5,630 posts, read 7,160,639 times
Did anyone watch Jason and Molly's wedding last night?

As much as I hated Jason for dumping Melissa the way he did at the time, it is very clear that he was following his heart and that he and Molly are truly in love. She looked absolutely stunning from head to toe, and I was very impressed by the way she didn't seem bothered all that much by the rain and wind that some bridezillas would have really freaked out over.

Melissa certainly made out and probably has a far better life now than Jason would have offered her. Jason and Molly seem quite happy. I hope people will stop ripping them now and let them have a normal life together.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:08 PM

14,717 posts, read 10,074,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
Did anyone watch Jason and Molly's wedding last night?

As much as I hated Jason for dumping Melissa the way he did at the time, it is very clear that he was following his heart and that he and Molly are truly in love. She looked absolutely stunning from head to toe, and I was very impressed by the way she didn't seem bothered all that much by the rain and wind that some bridezillas would have really freaked out over.

Melissa certainly made out and probably has a far better life now than Jason would have offered her. Jason and Molly seem quite happy. I hope people will stop ripping them now and let them have a normal life together.
I only watched the last hour and it was in spurts but the whole thing was really ridiculous. Who has an outdoor wedding in February? Without a tent? Seriously!

I actually used to live about a mile or so up the coast from where the wedding was held and can not believe that the wedding planner did not have the smarts to throw up a tent with space heaters because even in the late spring/early summer that part of Palos Verdes can be very overcast and chilly.

By the way, I think that way less $$$ was spent on this wedding than on the Trista & Ryan extravaganza!

I hope that they are happy together but there was a wonky vibe to the whole thing. Molly was going to get through her long, long vows no matter how hard it rained or how irrelevant.

No matter what, Jason still does not come across as a "good catch" and I still can not figure out how or why he became The Bachelor. I do believe that Molly will be the one wearing the pants (a la Trista) in the relationship. And anytime they argue she's going to throw the Melissa thing up in his face. Something about him is just so very unmasculine.

Random thought - Was it just me or did Stephanie (the single mom) look like she was attending a stripper's wedding with that pink fur ensemble?

Also, I found it interesting that Jillian and Ed have not yet set a date - and he was actually pushing back about the issue when Chris asked them about it. Then there was Charlie O'Connell who damn near broke his neck trying to emphasize that he WAS NOT engaged to Sarah. Listen ladies....if your man goes out of his way to make the point that there are no plans to marry you....he doesn't want to marry you...move on!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I only watched the last hour and it was in spurts but the whole thing was really ridiculous. Who has an outdoor wedding in February? Without a tent? Seriously!

I actually used to live about a mile or so up the coast from where the wedding was held and can not believe that the wedding planner did not have the smarts to throw up a tent with space heaters because even in the late spring/early summer that part of Palos Verdes can be very overcast and chilly.

By the way, I think that way less $$$ was spent on this wedding than on the Trista & Ryan extravaganza!

I hope that they are happy together but there was a wonky vibe to the whole thing. Molly was going to get through her long, long vows no matter how hard it rained or how irrelevant.

No matter what, Jason still does not come across as a "good catch" and I still can not figure out how or why he became The Bachelor. I do believe that Molly will be the one wearing the pants (a la Trista) in the relationship. And anytime they argue she's going to throw the Melissa thing up in his face. Something about him is just so very unmasculine.

Random thought - Was it just me or did Stephanie (the single mom) look like she was attending a stripper's wedding with that pink fur ensemble?

Also, I found it interesting that Jillian and Ed have not yet set a date - and he was actually pushing back about the issue when Chris asked them about it. Then there was Charlie O'Connell who damn near broke his neck trying to emphasize that he WAS NOT engaged to Sarah. Listen ladies....if your man goes out of his way to make the point that there are no plans to marry you....he doesn't want to marry you...move on!
You make some very good points -- especially about the fact that there should have been a tent. For all the money they did spend, you'd think they would have taken possible weather-related issues into consideration.

Also, if they had umbrellas for every guest, don't you think someone could have provided one for the bride and groom?

Old 03-10-2010, 07:53 AM

1,121 posts, read 1,984,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
You make some very good points -- especially about the fact that there should have been a tent. For all the money they did spend, you'd think they would have taken possible weather-related issues into consideration.

Also, if they had umbrellas for every guest, don't you think someone could have provided one for the bride and groom?

I didn't see every minute of the show, but there was a segment with the wedding planner, who emphasized that SHE "would have had a Plan B" (e.g. tent, indoor facility) but that a Plan B "was not chosen." So someone else -- Molly and Jason, producers, whoever -- made the choice NOT to make concessions for poor weather. I have one word for whoever made this decision: IDIOT.

Though I fully agree with the poster that Molly (and Jason too) were troupers about it and Molly could have become a Bridezilla but didn't, the point remains that it shouldn't have happened. Their cupola could have been set up with glass ceiling and sides, or SOME coverage that at least could have kept them out of the worst elements. It was just plain stupid. If nothing else, couldn't they have gone into the reception room, have everyone sit at the tables and then hold the ceremony on the center dance floor? It was better somehow to stand out in the driving rain????

And don't get me started on why no one repaired Molly's hair for the reception?? The one "tendril" side was pulled up a bit, but not the other. Weren't zillions of photos taken at this event? Isn't she going to look at that hair the rest of her life and wonder why someone didn't spend 10 minutes fixing her up? And she did look beautiful at the start and the dress was to die -- but geez, Malley (the makeup artist) had an extremely heavy hand with the eye makeup! Too much for daytime, IMO.

Speaking of daytime...Stephanie did not hold up well in it <G>. I think she really looked haggard and I agree that outfit was...a curiosity for sure! I guess the nighttime lighting at the Bachelor mansion was much kinder to her.

And yes...that whole Charlie/Sarah interview was a joke! His is the season I didn't watch after the opener because I found him absolutely unappealing...nothing has changed my mind. Sarah should runrunrun...I doubt we'll be seeing their nuptials on ABC any time soon. Ditto for DeAnna (another one I couldn't stand) ... and I truly don't care when Ed and Jillian tie the knot either.

I'll probably think of more minirants later . But yes...I do have to say, I think Jason and Molly's relationship seems genuine. I wish them well.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:11 PM

6,586 posts, read 16,639,034 times
Jake and Vienna were on a local Dallas show this morning. They said they were moving to L.A. for a couple of months for DWTS. Jake's dance partner was on, too. She was on So You Think You Can Dance before she got a regular gig with DWTS. She and Vienna look alike except the dancer is cuter.

I bet Jake and Vienna stay out in L.A longer in search of fame. They do seem really happy together.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Jake and Vienna were on a local Dallas show this morning. They said they were moving to L.A. for a couple of months for DWTS. Jake's dance partner was on, too. She was on So You Think You Can Dance before she got a regular gig with DWTS. She and Vienna look alike except the dancer is cuter.

I bet Jake and Vienna stay out in L.A longer in search of fame. They do seem really happy together.
I agree with you that Jake and Vienna do really seem happy together. I hope it's lasting.

I also think you're right about them staying out in L.A. longer in search of fame. Of course, Vienna would probably rather stay most anywhere else as long as she's out of that small town she grew up in. jake can always fly her in for a visit if she's missing her daddy. LOL

Old 03-17-2010, 06:28 PM

1,557 posts, read 2,090,108 times
I can't for the life of me understand picking Ali over tenley or gia for the next bachelorette. After hearing on the 20/20 show "Behind the scenes bachelor show" They stated Matt got a $20,000 dental job (new teeth) I had read Jen Scheff was slimmed down as was Deanna by about 15 pounds and I am betting Ali will be alot thinner too. See pic..I could actually see Mike Fleiss telling Ali to get Lipo on her thighs...nothing surprises me about that show for ratings!
Attached Thumbnails
The Bachelor-25413_100749466630521_100000864048970_18970_5581464_n.jpg  

Old 03-18-2010, 01:05 PM

9,758 posts, read 13,868,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I can't for the life of me understand picking Ali over tenley or gia for the next bachelorette. After hearing on the 20/20 show "Behind the scenes bachelor show" They stated Matt got a $20,000 dental job (new teeth) I had read Jen Scheff was slimmed down as was Deanna by about 15 pounds and I am betting Ali will be alot thinner too. See pic..I could actually see Mike Fleiss telling Ali to get Lipo on her thighs...nothing surprises me about that show for ratings!
Interesting photo - is that Tenley on the far left? Whoever it is has a very long torso and disproportionately short legs - even the platform heels aren't doing much to balance it out. I don't think they have a "fix" for that, though. But you're right - Ali could use a little shaving off the hip area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV