U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,328,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I agree. Not only did he repeat the same phrases over and over, but a lot of his language seemed stilted and not the way people talk in real life, IMO.

And as for being a successful businessman, that doesn't necessarily translate into being able to have a successful personal life. Why do you think Millionaire Matchmaker exists? On the other hand, you can be the greatest husband and father in the world and not have a good head for business at all.

It's just the whole premise of the show that gets us hooked, wants us to buy into the fantasy, and then delivers nothing at the end -- just like a lot of relationships in the real world, come to think of it.
I think I got used to his way of talking so I stopped noticing it as weird, whenever I watched the show my fiancee' would occasionally come into the family room and half watch with me, he kept asking me what was wrong with Brad, why did he talk like that? When Brad's family came on, my fiancee' said "listen to his brother, he sounds normal."

I can't figure out what gets me hooked on the show, my fiancee' says I don't have a romantic bone in my body, I hate weddings, flowers, and all the girly gushy things, I've never been into romance stuff, I don't even care if I get married, we are just going to elope whenever. I do like travel and adventure, but honestly I should hate this show, I never even thought to watch it until I happened to see one of Jake's episodes online, I can't figure out why I got so hooked. My fiancee' who hates almost all TV even got a little bit into it, enough that he thought Chantal should be picked.

Last edited by detshen; 03-18-2011 at 02:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 09:11 PM

4,803 posts, read 9,444,154 times
I assume much of the bachelors personality must be edited out. I mean, can all these bachelors actually be that dull in real life? I have noticed one thing most of them seem to have in common. They have no sense of humor. Do they ever make these girls laugh? If they do, it must be off screen.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:11 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,328,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I assume much of the bachelors personality must be edited out. I mean, can all these bachelors actually be that dull in real life? I have noticed one thing most of them seem to have in common. They have no sense of humor. Do they ever make these girls laugh? If they do, it must be off screen.
I have only seen Jake and Brad so I can't speak about the others, but you are so right, they seem to have no sense of humor, even though humor is pretty high on the list of what most women want.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:06 PM

14,129 posts, read 25,140,675 times
No personal comments please

Old 07-03-2011, 09:09 PM

8,707 posts, read 9,677,004 times
Has anyone read the People interview with Emily? I saw it on the stand as I was leaving a store. I should have grabbed it. Just curious.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:03 PM

17,252 posts, read 16,980,015 times
Default Ben (Flajnik) is the "new" Bachelor?!?!

Why Ben? Why?

Reality TV

Ben Flajnik is the new Bachelor: Poll! | PopWatch | EW.com

Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 PM

2,814 posts, read 5,565,127 times
blah

Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 PM

11,928 posts, read 13,315,865 times
I liked Ben; I picked him from the first show! For me, not for Ashley. Oh wait, I'm married.

It would have made for a lot of drama if they chose BENTLEY as the next bachelor!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:43 PM

2,187 posts, read 6,178,252 times
He will probably be okay. I think he will be fairly genuine so I doubt he will play as many games as Ashley did! I will probably Tivo it and fast forward to the good or interesting parts.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:06 AM

5,886 posts, read 10,533,010 times
Ben would not have been my first choice, but I think he deserves it after the way Ashley handled his proposal. Also, now that he's learned how to feel again and be vulnerable, he has a better shot at finding love. Unfortunately, these reality shows are such a poor place to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV