Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Ben just seems too sensitive, intelligent and classy to use this method to seek true love. And heaven knows that ABC will stack-the-deck with several nutjobs to create the "drama" needed to sustain viewers through an entire season.
Like Jenna and it looks like the model has some moments in the episodes to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
So another season of TV's most manipulative and deceptive show begins and right off the bat, the crazy emotionally unstable girl gets picked and, oh! the producers make sure they save her for last.
I was hoping he wouldn't pick her but then I thought the same thing..he will pick her last. I am sure that wasn't his idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
If you watch it for pure entertainment value only, then you will enjoy the season. There are a lot of laughs in this show. I thought it was also very funny with one woman coming on to the other woman, and laying next to her rubbing her arm and who knows what else. lol

I watch it for pure entertainment and to see how predictable the show will be year after year.

And again I ask why do all the psychos come from Utah (my state) i.e. Ben, Michelle and now Monica. Just once I would like a decent contestant from Utah lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I am sure some are very money hungry for his vineyard he owns. Wait til the family meets the ditzes! whoever he picks! They will rip her apart tactfully lol.......... His sister is very close to him so I can't wait til the point when he has the hometown dates!
His family will totally rip them apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
The Bachelor, 0-15...will someone finally get married this season?
My vote is no.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Last edited by Chickrae; 01-04-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 09:58 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
My vote is no.
After looking at spoilers at Reality Steve's website on who the Bachelor finally picks, I'd say no also.
These bachelors should simply be honest when they get down on one knee and ask, "so, will you hook up with me for a few months?"

Old 01-03-2012, 12:12 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
I like Ben and was looking forward to his Bachelor season. Last season when he showed his goofy side by talking doggy talk with Ashley, was a fun side of him we didn't see much of last season. I'm hoping we get to see him let loose & relax a little. The skinny dipping scene I knew about from his appearance on Live with Kelly.

Jenna was over the top drama. Of course, we viewers see what the editors want us to see. There's no way she reacted the way she did based on the little interaction we viewers saw between her & Monica.

Don't know what the deal-e-o is with Monica & Blakely. Again, might be some editing there to confuse us viewers or to sway our opinions on that whole scene.

Courtney's (the model) lips bug me--specifically her upper lip.

I like Nicki & Elyse. They both have beautiful eyes.

Lindzi's entrance on the horse was a little over the top but it got her noticed--and remembered.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:34 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
Can someone tell me where we have seen that model, Courtney before? She looks VERY familiar.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:13 PM

548 posts, read 1,217,529 times
Courtney Robertson has been in a lot of things -- cover of fitness magazine, in a Ceasar's Palace commercial, and she has dated a D-lister, so she has been photographed at premires, etc. Google her name and you get a lot of hits, including her modeling website.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
No. No. No.
I'm not gonna poop all over this thread.
I save that for the Bachelorette.
I will however say that I seriously thought about shooting myself it the throat and/or temple last night when my wife said it was on....
....Again.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Am I the only one that thought it was hilarious? All the crying the blogger did, and yet he kept her. The producers want her there for more drama, because there will be more. In the previews for the entire season, that I always watch muted, because I hate seeing it then seeing it all again, there was a whole lot of crying going on! lol So funny. Oh the drama!
I also thought it was quite funny when they showed Ben and someone stripping down to go skinny dipping and whatever else.

If you watch it for pure entertainment value only, then you will enjoy the season. There are a lot of laughs in this show. I thought it was also very funny with one woman coming on to the other woman, and laying next to her rubbing her arm and who knows what else. lol

I like Ben. I do hope he finds his true love or at least someone to hang out and have fun with for awhile. There is a lot of comedy in these shows. I will be watching til the end.
I had assumed years ago that these women were hand picked for the Bachelor based on his preferences when the truth is that they cast whoever they want to cast to make for a good show. That right there makes it unlikely this show will ever be a success for anyone in terms of romance.

The other thing the producers do on the first night introduction is ply everyone with alcohol and it's known that it's a whole night thing, as in they don't finish filming until 6 AM sometimes. So you get a bunch of caty women in a house lit up on booze in the wee hours of the morning and you'll get plenty of drama.

Basically as you say you have to treat it as entertainment.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:39 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
No. No. No.
I'm not gonna poop all over this thread.
I save that for the Bachelorette.
I will however say that I seriously thought about shooting myself it the throat and/or temple last night when my wife said it was on....
....Again.
Why shoot yourself? Shoot the TV.

This mess sure makes Ashley look good!

Old 01-03-2012, 06:09 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
After looking at spoilers at Reality Steve's website on who the Bachelor finally picks, I'd say no also.
These bachelors should simply be honest when they get down on one knee and ask, "so, will you hook up with me for a few months?"

I sort of liked Ben when he was on Bachelorette, but now I'm wondering why I ever did. As someone else here already said he's become a big dweeb...and what is the deal with his hair?? A center part?? Really???

I too have to read Reality Steve...so if he's right, and he usually is...
I think I'm done watching already. What's the point hoping and rooting for someone normal and nice???

As for several of these skanks.... I couldn't get over the difference in the labor and delivery nurse -- as in the way she was portrayed in her little profile, the selfless big sis who took care of her younger siblings when her mother couldn't -- and the snarky, NASTY ("it smelled like grandma") at the cocktail party! And the "do you want a taste of bacon" line when she first met Ben... give me a break.

This show has truly jumped the shark and it seems they are scraping the bottom of the barrel in contestants.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:27 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
I already looked at what Reality Steve has said will win....Not sure if I can stand to watch the remainder of the show. I kind of liked the girl Jamie, but the guys always go for the bad girls, like the girls go for the bad boys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV