Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,596,028 times

Advertisements

I really like Ben - he's not conventionally good looking, but he's a normal guy - smart and funny. I'd date him in a flash, he's just my type! Most of the other batchelors have been really smarmy.

From what he's been saying in articles and talk shows, I doubt if he ends up proposing to anyone. I do think he's doing this for fun - and for publicity for his winery.

Do you think that he caught it tonight when the model with weird legs used the term "Whats her butt" to refer to Shawntel, and yelled "See ya!" at her? If he caught on to her childish behavior that would be great - she's irritating to watch, although I'm sure he thinks she's attractive.

I don't understand why the one woman fainted tonight - why is it so stressful not to be picked by a guy you hardly know???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 01:21 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Ben strikes me as trying to be this cool multi activity hip dude when he really isn't. He's trying to sport with the dolled up model/actress/VIP hostess(ahem) crowd layered with make up, pumped with silicon, veneered with pearly whites and smoothed out with botox. He's trying to hang with the superficial crowd and really what he needs is some nerdy low key chick that shares his interest in wine(if that is really what he does anyways).
I think you may be right. And while it may be fun right now, to have sexy models attracted to him - I hope he's smart enough to realize it's only because he's currently the star of a TV show. But once the show ends? Will a model still be attracted to him?

Funnily enough, I think Shawntel may have been the right type for him. Definitely a quirky, non-model, non-Hollywood type...

Old 01-17-2012, 02:08 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,077 times
I think Shanntel coming on the show was ridiculous. I don't think she will be the next Bachelorette for sure. What bugged me about her on Brad's season is she doesn't make eye contact. She actually does seem more his type than any of them. I wish he would of kept her so Courtney would of left....she is very annoying and she seems to think she is better than everyone. I still like Kacie and Lindsie is becoming one of my favorites also. I also don't think Ben is that attractive and talking about San Francisco is his city and he knows it in and out and then Sonoma is his city too...come on. I just think I am tireing of him.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
talking about San Francisco is his city and he knows it in and out and then Sonoma is his city too...come on. I just think I am tireing of him.
Yeah, but Sonoma and San Francisco are less than an hour apart - and while very different places, I can see why he would claim both, as his own. I grew up in Northern San Diego County, about an hour outside of downtown San Diego, but went to college and spent the next ten years downtown - so I do the exact same thing - claim both my places as my hometown.

I think the show has made a LOT over him being from both places - probably too much! But I don't blame him for claiming both places!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,370,794 times
I think the model is ugly. I guess she has good bone structure, but, her mouth looks really weird when she talks.

BTW, Reality Steve has already said who Ben picks.................

Old 01-17-2012, 06:00 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,667,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

I don't understand why the one woman fainted tonight - why is it so stressful not to be picked by a guy you hardly know???
That was bizarre. I'm sure that woman woke up the next morning after a good nights sleep and realized she was acting like a buffoon.

However the whole situation is manipulated. They keep these women cooped up 24 hours a day, with no phone, internet, tv, radio and then stick a camera in their face all day and mic them all day. Then you factor in that they purposefully pick drama queens and social climbers and it's a pressure cooker that ends up blowing off steam.

They've got the whole formula down and all that has been admitted openly by the producer.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
I really like Ben - he's not conventionally good looking, but he's a normal guy - smart and funny. I'd date him in a flash, he's just my type! Most of the other batchelors have been really smarmy.

From what he's been saying in articles and talk shows, I doubt if he ends up proposing to anyone. I do think he's doing this for fun - and for publicity for his winery.

Do you think that he caught it tonight when the model with weird legs used the term "Whats her butt" to refer to Shawntel, and yelled "See ya!" at her? If he caught on to her childish behavior that would be great - she's irritating to watch, although I'm sure he thinks she's attractive.

Wasn't that the most infantile thing you've heard in a long time? I don't think I've heard anyone ask 'What's her butt' since some time in middle school.

I sure hope he doesn't pick her.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:45 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,563,320 times
I cannot stand Courtney, she is one bizarre person! Almost psycho.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:24 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,454 times
Quote:

I couldn't believe she said "what's her butt" how ridiculous, they are supposed to be grown women, they aren't in elementary school.

I have heard that the filming of the rose ceremonies lasts for hours despite only a few minutes making the final airing, anyone could become faint after standing there for a very long time while wearing heels and probably spanx. I'm sure the stress of so many other women being picked didn't help, but it could have been just a physical thing.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:50 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,003 times
Could Courtney the model be smoking some wacky tobaccy off camera? Not only is her behavior odd but her eyes seem to be permanently bloodshot. It's not an attractive look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV