U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2012, 10:48 AM

2,808 posts, read 3,752,468 times
Everything Courtney says and does is one big audition for The Bachelor Pad. Just wait, she has that gig in the bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 PM

3,116 posts, read 3,800,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
Yeah, she comes across as mellow, sweet and easy going in the commercial-gee she must be decent ACTRESS, who is hoping for an ACTING CAREER!!

I have not figured Ben out yet, but that Courtney has a script I am sure of it. Oh, and why did the bio not point this out, along with this commercial spot for her Bio? Wake up and smell the red,red reality wine people ! Its we who are punked, not Ben.
I think everyone knows by now that most of these reality shows are "produced," but some people enjoy going along for the ride - and want to take the show at face value - which is fine! Personally I like hearing about the backstage aspects - but I don't see any harm in other people enjoying the show, as presented.

As for Courtney, her bio on ABC.com lists her as a model, and they refer to her as a model on the show - I'm not sure why you are saying they should have pointed it out?

And just for the record, just because she's an actress doesn't mean she couldn't be looking for love too? Life is rarely as compartmentalized as that, and models fall in love, just as often as anyone else. I have no doubt that Courtney auditioned for the show hoping that it would help her career, and she is doing everything she can - obviously - to stand out, and stick out, and to be memorable. But does that mean she can't be attracted to Ben too? Maybe she is, maybe she isn't - but there is a chance that she is.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Everything Courtney says and does is one big audition for The Bachelor Pad. Just wait, she has that gig in the bag.
Agreed!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 PM

5,448 posts, read 3,771,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I think everyone knows by now that most of these reality shows are "produced," but some people enjoy going along for the ride - and want to take the show at face value - which is fine! Personally I like hearing about the backstage aspects - but I don't see any harm in other people enjoying the show, as presented.

As for Courtney, her bio on ABC.com lists her as a model, and they refer to her as a model on the show - I'm not sure why you are saying they should have pointed it out?

And just for the record, just because she's an actress doesn't mean she couldn't be looking for love too? Life is rarely as compartmentalized as that, and models fall in love, just as often as anyone else. I have no doubt that Courtney auditioned for the show hoping that it would help her career, and she is doing everything she can - obviously - to stand out, and stick out, and to be memorable. But does that mean she can't be attracted to Ben too? Maybe she is, maybe she isn't - but there is a chance that she is.
Personally, I don't believe anyone goes on that show truly looking for love. Look at Bachelor history, 1 actual success story in many years, that's pretty bad. Anyone who actually believes in "the process" of the Bachelor isn't very bright, or they are irrationally optimistic.

Most people who go on reality TV desire some degree of fame and wanting to be on TV, Courtney isn't alone in that, but it seems to be extremely important to her, more so than some of the other girls who may just be in it for some fun. I don't know if Courtney actually likes Ben, all she talks about is winning which makes me think she is just in it for the competition, and the resulting fame, I think Ben could be any guy, and she would act exactly the same. I do think most of the girls get carried away with the competition, it's human nature, there is one man, and everyone wants to be the girl he picks, I think most of them actually start to believe that they love him, it's a weird phenomena.

I mostly like to go along for the ride, if I think about it too much it just becomes creepy and stupid, I'd rather have fun with it, or I just wouldn't bother to watch, which I didn't until I caught a marathon of Jake's season and became hooked on the silly fun of it. Even this post is too heavy, I'd rather just say Courtney is a conniving witch with a B.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:56 PM

2,808 posts, read 3,752,468 times
Quote:

I don't see an ounce of vulnerability there. I think some women may be looking for fame, love or the experience of being on tv, but in Courtney's case, I think she is trying to sell herself as a viable actress or hostess or Dancing with the Stars contestant. Something along those lines.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:28 PM

14,677 posts, read 9,246,302 times
Quote:
Courtney punished for boosting ratings by participating in a sneaky skinny dip session that has been the highlight of all the commercials? I don't think so.

I just found out that Courtney R. was in a Ceasar's Palace commercial where the average looking single guy finds himself having a lucky night, gambling then dining and catching a show with a brunette model type who goes back to his room with him, and he cannot find the room key. Remember that one? Yep- "that" girl.
and for those who need visual aids....

Caesars Palace Routinely Spectacular - YouTube

Old 02-01-2012, 02:58 PM

862 posts, read 1,287,947 times
Yes, I think one could be there to help their career and fall in love, agreed. But I don't think that is what any of us are seeing with Courtney. She is not vulnerable, she is saying trashy things right in front of Ben unlike past "bad girls". Vienna was a brash chorus girl, but anyone who watched had to admit she really seemed taken with Jake. And her tears and outrage when he revealed his true colors were kind of heart breaking. He was the player in that situation, I would guess.

I hope the shows producers read all this and see that some of us are getting fed up with the really obvious set ups. I do think some of the past shows have involved real feelings and hopes, whether they lasted or not.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
I hope the shows producers read all this and see that some of us are getting fed up with the really obvious set ups.
If we're talking obvious setups and bad boys and girls, I found Bentley last season, a lot less fun than Courtney. At least Courtney seems to have a connection with Ben - and she's not setting him up to look like a fool, like Bentley did to Ashley.

Speaking of making someone look like a fool... in the previews they showed more drama over the whole "Courtney is here for the wrong reasons" - and it appears that the women may be getting smarter in how they approach it. Instead of just telling Ben, "she doesn't deserve to be here," it looks like they're letting him know that she may be playing him - and making him look bad. And THAT little bit of info might just make a difference. As long as Ben thinks it's just catty in-fighting, why should he give up Courtney? But if he begins to think she's making him look like a fool? That might change things...

Old 02-01-2012, 04:30 PM

5,448 posts, read 3,771,182 times
Quote:
If we're talking obvious setups and bad boys and girls, I found Bentley last season, a lot less fun than Courtney. At least Courtney seems to have a connection with Ben - and she's not setting him up to look like a fool, like Bentley did to Ashley.

Speaking of making someone look like a fool... in the previews they showed more drama over the whole "Courtney is here for the wrong reasons" - and it appears that the women may be getting smarter in how they approach it. Instead of just telling Ben, "she doesn't deserve to be here," it looks like they're letting him know that she may be playing him - and making him look bad. And THAT little bit of info might just make a difference. As long as Ben thinks it's just catty in-fighting, why should he give up Courtney? But if he begins to think she's making him look like a fool? That might change things...
Bentley was too much, I was angry at the producers for showing scenes of him being cruel, and insulting to Ashley, that wasn't right. He was much worse than Courtney.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,949,641 times
Default Courtney..is that you?

Unseen Bachelor 16 Footage: Courtney Robertson's Love Letter To Ben Flajnik [VIDEO] - The Bachelor

This sure shows a kinder gentler side of her but of course it was not shown on the show..link is deleted scene
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV