U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 04:22 PM

3 posts, read 1,164 times

Advertisements

I like this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM

8,445 posts, read 15,358,061 times
They're also like totally drunk.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 PM

1,678 posts, read 1,677,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManGuy View Post
Why do LOTS of the contestants overly use the words "like?"

They would use it in every other sentences. For example:

I feel like we have this connection....like...you know.....when I am with you...it's like...I feel this connection....like, you know what I mean.....like it's meant to be.

What about you know, that is as bad as "like."

Old 02-29-2012, 09:03 PM

3,494 posts, read 12,268,677 times
deadwood....perfect way of describing him. he has the personality of a turtle. and yes that center part drives me nuts-it is not becoming on him. then again, regardless of his looks, his personality gives him NO redeeming qualities. i have seen some kinda fugly guys become kind of attractive in my eyes just because they had such a great personality. ben is a bore. affect flat. maybe he is on haldol. someone needs to do a pulse check on him, to make sure he's really truly alive. he might as well be laying on a slab in a morgue. he's about as exciting as a corpse. i dont care how much money he has. he would bore me to tears. he makes a very dull travel partner. zero personality. yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I KNOW. He couldn't even muster up a simple thank you for the information!

What a piece of deadwood. He needs to lose that center part too.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:33 PM

8,707 posts, read 9,677,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
i have seen some kinda fugly guys become kind of attractive in my eyes just because they had such a great personality. ben is a bore. affect flat. yawn.
True statement, there! In fact, I thought Ben was kinda cute on Ashley's season. He has gotten progressively more unattractive with every week of his season.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 AM

4,280 posts, read 7,702,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
True statement, there! In fact, I thought Ben was kinda cute on Ashley's season. He has gotten progressively more unattractive with every week of his season.
True, he gets worse each week. I used to get Constantine and Ben mixed up...no more Constantine is way better looking than Ben. This season has been the longest yet........or seemed that way

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:14 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,556,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
On the other hand, Ben was not even gracious nor grateful for Kasie B's appearance, he never once thanked her for helping him out or even showed an act of kindness to her for coming that far to do what she did.
Do you really think he should have welcomed back someone he sent home already? That has to be a hard process, and once he does it, I'm sure the very last thing he wants is to rehash the reasons it didn't work out, with a girl who looks like she could burst into tears at any minute. I don't blame him one bit for not being happy to see her.

I liked Kacie B, and I really thought he would end up with her, but the minute he sent her home, she should have accepted the fact that "he's just not that into her" and gone home to nurse her broken heart. It NEVER does any good to try to talk to someone who has rejected you - just move on, and find someone who is into you!

Old 03-02-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I don't care for Lindzi. The hoarse voice, the pancake makeup, the stressed face.
I was noticing the bad makeup again tonight, and I kept thinking, some of these girls should have taken some makeup tips from Courtney! Her skin always looks great - and some of the other girls just look awful - and you know it's probably not just the skin - it's also probably the wrong makeup...

Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,328,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Do you really think he should have welcomed back someone he sent home already? That has to be a hard process, and once he does it, I'm sure the very last thing he wants is to rehash the reasons it didn't work out, with a girl who looks like she could burst into tears at any minute. I don't blame him one bit for not being happy to see her.

I liked Kacie B, and I really thought he would end up with her, but the minute he sent her home, she should have accepted the fact that "he's just not that into her" and gone home to nurse her broken heart. It NEVER does any good to try to talk to someone who has rejected you - just move on, and find someone who is into you!
I have to agree with this, I feel like the producers probably arranged that, and it wasn't fair to Ben, or to Kacie. It's hard to dump someone, and it's hard to be dumped, there's never going to be any answers to fix that, it's best to just move one. I'm sure she was worried about her parents and Ben, and wanted to explain that she isn't necessarily the same as her parents, but the reality is that if a man truly wants to be with a woman there's nothing anyone can say that would keep him away from her, her parents could be actual demons damning him to hell if he touches her, and he would still want to be with that girl. The parents were a good excuse for him to not hurt her feelings too much so her coming back just made it worse for them both. I think he kept Kacie around because he saw what a lovely person she is, and she seemed right on paper, but I don't think he ever really felt chemistry with her, without that chemistry it just can't work, you can't force it. He wants Courtney, nothing anyone says will change that, he will have to be hurt by her himself in order to get over her.

I know I will attacked for writing this, but I actually feel bad for him, she's so fake, she's nothing but sweetness, and light around him, he didn't see all the footage of her being horrible until now, when all it does is make him look like a fool. When you feel that chemistry and crazy attraction to someone, and people start telling you that person's no good, you want to believe the bad stuff can't be true, sometimes you just have to go through it, and get hurt for yourself before you can truly believe it. I think that's where Ben is at, he's boring, but he's not a bad guy, he doesn't deserve to be humiliated during two seasons on national TV.

I really think most of the blame goes with Courtney for being such a good little actress around him, if someone only saw the footage of them together, and nothing else, people wouldn't say she was a ***** who didn't care about him, even the few moments where she was catty when he was around with the other girls could be interpreted as her liking him so much that she was happy to see other girls go home, or her being jealous which only serves to fool the person being played even more. She only lets the true ***** out when he's not around, he's watching that with us, and that's gotta hurt. If anything some sympathetic producer should have shown Ben some of the footage so he had the full information to go on, they should have done that with Ashley and Bentley too. I don't like seeing people humiliated on TV, I guess it gets higher ratings, but this isn't fun for me. If this is the way it's going to be, I'm done with these stupid shows. I feel like I need a shower after watching.

Last edited by detshen; 03-02-2012 at 05:58 AM..

Old 03-02-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
If anything some sympathetic producer should have shown Ben some of the footage so he had the full information to go on, they should have done that with Ashley and Bentley too. I don't like seeing people humiliated on TV, I guess it gets higher ratings, but this isn't fun for me. If this is the way it's going to be, I'm done with these stupid shows. I feel like I need a shower after watching.
Last season watching Ashley with Bentley was horrible. It felt like the show had sunk to a new low, and I wasn't sure it was worth watching anymore, after that.

But I sort of like Ben. And I definitely like Courtney! I really believe that she came on the show to get some attention, career-wise, and did everything in her power to maximize that opportunity - but somewhere along the way she started to have real feelings for Ben. He *IS* totally different from the men she's dated in the past - and maybe she's come to like that?

She tried to get some attention, and she got it! She's on the cover of a bunch of magazines this week. But that doesn't mean she didn't fall in love too. Or at least fall in deep like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV