Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 09:48 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
YES
I'm really curious for next week, and for the after the rose show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I'm really curious for next week, and for the after the rose show.
Me too.

Got a "weird" vibe from Courtney (and Ben) so I definitely think that an ATFR will be forthcoming.

Courtney was acting (poorly) because she knows that she needs to do a bit of damage control in order to captivate on the "15 minutes" in the most lucrative way possible.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:55 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In a way, I think that she is better off not putting herself through the drama that comes along with being The Bachelorette (even though it would be fun to watch) She seems like such a smart yet down-to-earth young woman who will find love away from the glare of the spotlight.

And I honestly don't "get" the reason that Emily (Brad's season) has decided to do it (aside from the money obviously)
I agree totally, I'm just being selfish, she's someone I would enjoy watching for a season. She's also a great role model for young women, she can wear pretty clothes, get the guy, make up funny raps, and also be getting her PhD in a scientific field.

Brad's Emily is very pretty, and she seems sweet, but that's all I can really say about her, I don't think she has the personality to keep people interested all season, maybe she will surprise everyone. Brad could often be overbearing, maybe she will blossom as the Bachelorette. It would be hard to turn the show down, the luxury travel alone would get me to do it. I imagine she is also feeling fame withdrawal.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,375,751 times
So Courtney has had a 180 degree change in personality if the women tell all performance is to be believed. I suppose it is possible. Her family may have seen the shows and were embarrassed by her behavior gave her a rough time? Maybe she saw how ugly she acted and was embarrassed for herself. But she could also be putting on an act. Hard to tell with someone like her. I lean toward thinking she is a rather mean spirited person who has gotten by on her looks is trying to do some damage control.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
I agree totally, I'm just being selfish, she's someone I would enjoy watching for a season. She's also a great role model for young women, she can wear pretty clothes, get the guy, make up funny raps, and also be getting her PhD in a scientific field.

Brad's Emily is very pretty, and she seems sweet, but that's all I can really say about her, I don't think she has the personality to keep people interested all season, maybe she will surprise everyone. Brad could often be overbearing, maybe she will blossom as the Bachelorette. It would be hard to turn the show down, the luxury travel alone would get me to do it. I imagine she is also feeling fame withdrawal.
True. She (this season's Emily) has so much going for her that I would hate to see her take on the "burden" of being The Bachelorette. She is too good for Ben (and she knows it) but I think that if she decided to do The Bachelorette she would be thrown some really rotten apples into the bunch to chose from (for the sake of drama)

I just can not see Emily (Brad's season) being interesting enough to carry a season of The Bachelorette. She has the personality of a potato. Yes, she's pretty but I don't see a reason why she hasn't been able to "find love" on her own amongst the Southern gentlemen that I'm sure cross her path in North Carolina all of the time.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:47 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
I agree with all the comments. I also think that someone (Bachelorette Emily) who made a big deal out of moving her child to a different state would be opposed to doing this again. What an embarrassment. Unless all the men are from her home state. She claims that she didn't want over the top men or dates. Less exotic. We'll see.

I loved how tonight's Emily handled things. I do feel that she realized she was far beyond Ben, which is good. I did feel a bit sorry for Kasie B and Nikki as I think they still feel for Ben and it hurt them to watch the past stuff.

I still feel that Courtney's reaction was based on what has happened since the show ended and the fact that she has watched how badly her behavior looked. She could not explain things enough. Her apologies appeared to me to only be for Ben's sake and not hers, as they pointed out. In other words, her plan backfired, whether or not he chooses her.

Ben, was as usual, a bore. I know it can not be comfortable in that seat, but still, I have seen others handle it with much more class and participation than he did. Blah.

The chihuahua comment was PRICELESS!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
How about at the end - 'Will you accept this tampon"?

I thought that was funny.

I did end up feeling sorry for Courtney. I think that things might not have gone the way she wanted them to do. I caught the past tense and quick save as well. But - probabably too little too late for her.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,871,538 times
Quote:
I wish this shows Emily was the next Bachelorette, she's intelligent, funny, and charming, so much more interesting than the other Emily. I don't understand that casting.
True, but she's not as photogenic. And maybe this Emily is too smart for the producers to control.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:34 AM

One thing I noticed was that Courtney seemed tongue tied. I can't help thinking that the producers encouraged her to say a lot of what she said on the Bachelor, but she isn't allowed to say, "But they made me play a certain character and encouraged me to say all those bitchy things". I still think she is insincere and self-absorbed, but I believe she was coached all along. Just my opinion.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I agree with all the comments. I also think that someone (Bachelorette Emily) who made a big deal out of moving her child to a different state would be opposed to doing this again. What an embarrassment. Unless all the men are from her home state. She claims that she didn't want over the top men or dates. Less exotic. We'll see.

I loved how tonight's Emily handled things. I do feel that she realized she was far beyond Ben, which is good. I did feel a bit sorry for Kasie B and Nikki as I think they still feel for Ben and it hurt them to watch the past stuff.

I still feel that Courtney's reaction was based on what has happened since the show ended and the fact that she has watched how badly her behavior looked. She could not explain things enough. Her apologies appeared to me to only be for Ben's sake and not hers, as they pointed out. In other words, her plan backfired, whether or not he chooses her.

Ben, was as usual, a bore. I know it can not be comfortable in that seat, but still, I have seen others handle it with much more class and participation than he did. Blah.

The chihuahua comment was PRICELESS!
Perfect description of her!! She was a classless little thing, wasn't she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV