Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times

Advertisements

Kimba, I totally agree that the chihuahua comment was priceless! Even Chris Harrison cracked up over that one.

Also loved the tampon gift.

I thought Emily was very good on last night's show. She really is too good and too smart for someone like Ben.

I'm sorry, but I did not feel any real remorse coming from Courtney, and I don't think any of the women were buying it either. Even though she teared up, she never really cried all that much. Her makeup looked perfect, and when she left, I didn't see a tear in her eye. I think that was all just her attempt at damage control to her reputation and because I don't think she anticipated just how many people would start hating on her.

I don't know why Ben even bothered being there. He really didn't have that much to say and was as boring as ever. I cannot wait until this season is over. It was a huge waste of time with some nice scenery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 07:15 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
Kimba, I totally agree that the chihuahua comment was priceless! Even Chris Harrison cracked up over that one.
It was great. It might have been the first time Chris actually has laughed during any bachelor shooting i.e. not his fake smirk that he does each episode.

Quote:
I don't know why Ben even bothered being there. He really didn't have that much to say and was as boring as ever. I cannot wait until this season is over. It was a huge waste of time with some nice scenery.
Don't worry next Bachelorette season will be the most boring season ever. Emily has the personality of a door knob.

My take on Courtney...
She was just there to repair her image which was torn apart in the tabloids. She didn't care to make true amends with these gals. She proved that further by exiting the studio directly after her interview (instead of sticking around post show and talking with the girls personally).

Old 03-06-2012, 09:14 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times
Well, that's your opinion, but not mine . I feel that the camera 'loves' Emily and I've felt since day one that Courtney was not very attractive, especially compared to the rest of the girls on the show. Not so much her body as much as her face and facial expressions . To each his own. Better to be beautiful on the inside than out, but to be both is to be truly blessed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
True, but she's not as photogenic. And maybe this Emily is too smart for the producers to control.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:29 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
It was hard for me to watch Courtney trying to say she is sorry when I feel like all she was trying to do was improve her image to the public. I wanted to feel sorry for her being on the "hot seat" but I didn't. She said it all when she mentioned the reason that she told Ben she had been mean to the girls and now was sorry was because she didn't want to lose him, not because she was really sorry that she had hurt the other girls' feelings. How someone can be so down right rude and mean to others is appalling. Yes the show does edit things out and may have edited out nice things she might have said, but the fact is she said many hurtful things and I doubt they made her say them.

I was the most impressed with Emily on the WTA. She is a classy lady and very intelligent and I think she is gorgeous. She might not be the most beautiful of the group but she has a personality and a good heart that completes and makes her the total package. She will make some guy very happy someday.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Well, that's your opinion, but not mine . I feel that the camera 'loves' Emily and I've felt since day one that Courtney was not very attractive, especially compared to the rest of the girls on the show. Not so much her body as much as her face and facial expressions . To each his own. Better to be beautiful on the inside than out, but to be both is to be truly blessed !
Well...my husband doesn't watch The Bachelor but he walked through the room when I was watching it a couple of weeks ago when Courtney was on the screen and said "Who's that?" I told him she is a model and he said "SHE'S a model?" (didn't think she was that pretty). I said yes, and the other girls don't like her, think she's fake, and don't like that Ben is fooled by Courtney. He said "Well he must be stupid because I've only watched her for ten seconds and I can tell she's fake."

I think Emily is pretty, too, plus she has everything else going for her. She is smart, educated, fun, friendly, confident, and has real feelings. And she is classy. She told Shawntel (spelling) that anyone who tells her (Shawntel) that she is ugly is crazy, because she is stunning. Courtney (and a lot of the other girls) are not self confident enough to do that.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
It was great. It might have been the first time Chris actually has laughed during any bachelor shooting i.e. not his fake smirk that he does each episode.

Don't worry next Bachelorette season will be the most boring season ever. Emily has the personality of a door knob.

My take on Courtney...
She was just there to repair her image which was torn apart in the tabloids. She didn't care to make true amends with these gals. She proved that further by exiting the studio directly after her interview (instead of sticking around post show and talking with the girls personally).
I thought maybe Courtney's friends and family had been through a lot because of Courtney's behavior and they had let her know about it - because she mentioned a couple of times being sorry for what her friends and family had gone through. They probably didn't appreciate having to defend her behavior.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
Did anyone catch the comment that Courtney made last night about Ben when Courtney said, "I cared for Ben," then realized the word cared was past tense and corrected herself and said. "And still do care for Ben." Was that a hint that she wasn't selected???

Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I think so too, she's not a classic beauty, but she's very watchable. The camera does love her, she looked adorable dressed as a hippy. I was glad to hear that she realized Ben is not that great of a guy, not that she said that exactly.

Someone called courtney, "the poor man's Michelle Money," that's about right.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Did anyone catch the comment that Courtney made last night about Ben when Courtney said, "I cared for Ben," then realized the word cared was past tense and corrected herself and said. "And still do care for Ben." Was that a hint that she wasn't selected???
To me it was a hint that she was selected but they're not together anymore.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:02 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I personally think this was another coaching strategy by the producer to have Courtney use the past tense to purposely throw off the viewers and put them in even more shock and surprise when they want us to believe she wasn't selected and then she really is picked! Who knows! They have to come up with new tactics to surprise their viewers based upon all the tabloids and gossip out there and I think this may be another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV