Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 05:06 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times

Advertisements

Don't worry. They will make up for Emily's dullness by bringing in some far out, crazy dudes. Just wait. They know how to make things interesting. I never in a million years planned on watching Ben's season, but here I am loving every minute of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 02:26 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Don't worry. They will make up for Emily's dullness by bringing in some far out, crazy dudes. Just wait. They know how to make things interesting. I never in a million years planned on watching Ben's season, but here I am loving every minute of it.
They will probably bring back Bentley (another crazy from my state) because he wanted the bachelorette to be Emily instead of Ashlee when he was on Ashlee's season.

I agree with what some of the others said. Emily seems to boring. Can you imagine her kissing a whole bunch of guys, or getting in the hot tub with several or taking them to the fantasy suite. Why oh why didn't they just pick someone from Ben's season. There are several that would of been great. I would of loved to see this season's Emily be it.

I think the only one worse than Emily that they could pick for the bachelorette would be Courtney. I couldn't sit another 8 weeks and watch her play with her hair continually and talk in that baby voice.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 AM

884 posts, read 1,062,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Is anyone interested in seeing Emily as the Bachelorette? I don't understand why they chose her over people with so much more personality. When Emily was on Brad's season, my fiancee' would complain that she seemed so dull to him, like someone who wouldn't be much fun to spend time with.
To answer your question simply....."NO...I'm not interested in seeing Emily Maynard as Bachelorette". I am probably saying this for different reasons than what I'm seeing others saying here though. I wouldn't exactly say that she is dull or boring.....however, I feel that when she was on the show she seemed to have a lot of emotional issues going on in her life that I got a little tired of listening to. Example: Her ex-husband or boyfriend that unfortunately passed away on the race track or airplane accident? I'm not sure which. She used that way too often and she also has a daughter if I remember correctly that she used to often say that she didn't want to put her daughter in a situation where her mother was embarrasing her on national tv and that she didn't want to go to the fantasy suite out of respect for daughter. She wouldn't want her daughter to watch her sleeping overnight with a man that she may not marry, nor have a relationship with. I just think she had way too many reservations and to me none of that has changed. She still has a daughter, she still has lost a husband in the past, and she also seems very limited in what she "allows" herself to do making the show very uninteresting to watch. I'm curious to see how this pans out as Bachelorette. I guess I was just sort of hoping they picked a new, fresh face from this current season.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
To answer your question simply....."NO...I'm not interested in seeing Emily Maynard as Bachelorette". I am probably saying this for different reasons than what I'm seeing others saying here though. I wouldn't exactly say that she is dull or boring.....however, I feel that when she was on the show she seemed to have a lot of emotional issues going on in her life that I got a little tired of listening to. Example: Her ex-husband or boyfriend that unfortunately passed away on the race track or airplane accident? I'm not sure which. She used that way too often and she also has a daughter if I remember correctly that she used to often say that she didn't want to put her daughter in a situation where her mother was embarrasing her on national tv and that she didn't want to go to the fantasy suite out of respect for daughter. She wouldn't want her daughter to watch her sleeping overnight with a man that she may not marry, nor have a relationship with. I just think she had way too many reservations and to me none of that has changed. She still has a daughter, she still has lost a husband in the past, and she also seems very limited in what she "allows" herself to do making the show very uninteresting to watch. I'm curious to see how this pans out as Bachelorette. I guess I was just sort of hoping they picked a new, fresh face from this current season.
That pretty much covers it as to why most of us feel she will be a "boring" Bachelorette, the Bachelorette has to be very outgoing, open, and ready for fun with a bunch of different men, and not constantly talking about losing "the love of her life" in a plane crash, or worried about protecting a young child. As a normal person I would never judge anyone as boring, or dull. I know many quiet, deep, emotional, or shy people who are a lot of fun once you get to know them, but as much as I love them I wouldn't recommend they be the Bachelorette, responsible for keeping the millions who watch the show entertained, that's how I feel about Emily, she's just not right for the show, I don't mean that as a personal attack on her. I don't think I would make a good Bachelorette either, but I still think I'm a pretty cool person.

Last edited by detshen; 03-08-2012 at 12:25 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,584 times
Quote:
That pretty much covers it as to why most of us feel she will be a "boring" Bachelorette, the Bachelorette has to be very outgoing, open, and ready for fun with a bunch of different men, and not constantly talking about losing "the love of her life" in a plane crash, or worried about protecting a young child. As a normal person I would never judge anyone as boring, or dull. I know many quiet, deep, emotional, or shy people who are a lot of fun once you get to know them, but as much as I love them I wouldn't recommend they be the Bachelorette, responsible for keeping the millions who watch the show entertained, that's how I feel about Emily, she's just not right for the show, I don't mean that as a personal attack on her. I don't think I would make a good Bachelorette either, but I still think I'm a pretty cool person.
Very well said! I think you are right on target! I know I wouldn't fit into the Bachelorette category type either and there many others that shouldn't either. I think she should focus on raising her daughter and finding a nice man in privacy out of respect for her daughter and her husband who passed. I would never go into the public television air to find a husband after my child has already lost her father. Isn't that enough trauma for a child for a lifetime? Then to watch your own mother go on national television and get treated like a "prostitute" or "get dumped". Not to be blunt....but that's how the show goes.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:46 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Well said! Sorry I couldn't rep you yet!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:00 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Hasn't this seemed like the longest, strung out season ever and next season will be worse. That gives us something to look forward too...Not
This has been my favorite season ever, because I really do like Ben the best of any of the bachelors - usually I find the guys they pick boring - but I like Ben!

And I like Courtney - and I felt sorry for her this week. I still believe she went in with a plan to get more famous - but I do believe she has or had real feelings for Ben. And I also believe that the public backlash over how she acted, has been extremely hard for her to handle. So I felt sorry for her - and whether Ben picks her next week or not, she will still have to deal with the public backlash - so it won't be an entirely happy ending for her.

So yeah, definitely my favorite season ever.

But next season with Emily? I sure hope she has a sparkling personality hidden away somewhere! She is very very pretty - not the most beautiful contestant ever, but definitely the prettiest! But pretty and sweet isn't really enough to carry a whole season...

Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
"Bachelorette" Ashley Hebert Sounds Off | E! Online

Old 03-10-2012, 03:06 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
That was interesting. Thanks for sharing.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:27 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Yes..ok but WHO wins on Monday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV