U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 08:56 PM

1,889 posts, read 6,712,318 times

Advertisements

He has terrible taste. That's all I have to contribute to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,335,523 times
My fiancee' has seen bits of the show, here and there, as I have watched, all he had to say tonight was "that guy's a tool, and he picked the skank, they deserve each other."

Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 PM

8,707 posts, read 9,681,530 times
OMG...just finished watching ATFR....eh...whatever with boring Ben and cunning Courtney...on to JP and Ashley's segment. Chris totally messed up when he asked JP if he was going to do his doggie voice...that was BEN who did that during the Ashley season! LOL...Chris can't keep track of who is who! (not that I blame him!)

Good thing they peppered the show with JP and Ashley...the only good part of it!

When does the next potential train wreck begin?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 PM

2,814 posts, read 5,568,270 times
I am here to admit that I do NOT hate Ben and Courtney. She has some serious flaws, but she isn't really THAT bad. As for Ben, he seems like a decent enough guy. Not perfect, but he seems more genuine than let's say, Brad or Jason. He won me over when he was so happy to see his mom and sister.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
OMG...just finished watching ATFR....eh...whatever with boring Ben and cunning Courtney...on to JP and Ashley's segment. Chris totally messed up when he asked JP if he was going to do his doggie voice...that was BEN who did that during the Ashley season! LOL...Chris can't keep track of who is who! (not that I blame him!)

Good thing they peppered the show with JP and Ashley...the only good part of it!

When does the next potential train wreck begin?
I'm not a fan of Ben, or Courtney, but I would say the After the Rose show helped them a little. I don't give that relationship very long, but she did seem to actually be into him, and I think she showed some real emotion this time. Nothing will ever change what a total conniving ***** she was, but I think some people will hate her a little less after this. Ben dumping her and then coming back, made me hate him more though, he should have either broken up with her for good, or stood by her through it all.

I actually just finished watching, Chris asked JP if Ashley still does the dog voice, (which she proceeded to do for those of you who didn't watch ATFR.) I know Ben does a goofy voice too, but Chris was definitely asking about Ashley doing her voice when she's with JP. The voice is so funny to me because I have my own embarrassing voice I do with my pet birds, who are very sweet and loving, and like children to me. I love those two together, of the 4 seasons of Bachelor/Bachelorette that I have seen, they were the one couple that seemed to have real chemistry, I was actually rooting for them, whereas usually I just don't care who gets picked, I hope those two make it. They probably have a better chance because neither of them seems to care about the fame, they have real careers, and a real life outside the spotlight. One thing I never I understood was; who was bashing Ashley, and why? I thought she was good on her season, it wasn't her fault that butt hole Bentley lied to her, and pretended to be totally into her while absolutely trashing her behind her back. I only hated him, and the producers for showing the horrible footage of him being so cruel, she didn't do anything to deserve being treated like that.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:41 AM

17,252 posts, read 16,994,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I'm not a fan of Ben, or Courtney, but I would say the After the Rose show helped them a little. I don't give that relationship very long, but she did seem to actually be into him, and I think she showed some real emotion this time. Nothing will ever change what a total conniving ***** she was, but I think some people will hate her a little less after this. Ben dumping her and then coming back, made me hate him more though, he should have either broken up with her for good, or stood by her through it all.
Going to give Ben and Courtney about 4 to 5 months tops.

When I listen to her speak, I hear a lot of superficiality and narcissism from Courtney. A lot of "me" and "I" in her comments. She also changes the tone of her voice around Ben; she's changes into a "little girl" and practically does baby talk.

She said something in her voice-over during her walk to meet Ben on the Final Rose mountaintop; she mentioned that men usually get tired of/lose interest in her after a while. And it seems as if Ben also "got tired" of her and therefore break off the relationship. Its her looks that pull him back to her but it won't be enough to maintain a relationship with her. Courtney is the personification of the saying: show me a beautiful woman and I'll show you a man who is tired of "sleeping" with her.

Also, Ben did not make himself look good by ditching her as soon as he felt the heat. He asked for this. He wanted a girl like Courtney. I think that his insecurity will not allow him to deal with her career as a model or any scrutiny they will receive from the public. I can foresee him ditching her again in the very near future.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Going to give Ben and Courtney about 4 to 5 months tops.

When I listen to her speak, I hear a lot of superficiality and narcissism from Courtney. A lot of "me" and "I" in her comments. She also changes the tone of her voice around Ben; she's changes into a "little girl" and practically does baby talk.

She said something in her voice-over during her walk to meet Ben on the Final Rose mountaintop; she mentioned that men usually get tired of/lose interest in her after a while. And it seems as if Ben also "got tired" of her and therefore break off the relationship. Its her looks that pull him back to her but it won't be enough to maintain a relationship with her. Courtney is the personification of the saying: show me a beautiful woman and I'll show you a man who is tired of "sleeping" with her.

Also, Ben did not make himself look good by ditching her as soon as he felt the heat. He asked for this. He wanted a girl like Courtney. I think that his insecurity will not allow him to deal with her career as a model or any scrutiny they will receive from the public. I can foresee him ditching her again in the very near future.
I can't stand her baby voice, she's a 28 year old woman, not a 6 year old. She even did that voice a little bit with Ben's mom and sister, it seems that's what she does when she wants people to like her. I don't see much intelligence in her, I don't think she's stupid or anything, she just doesn't seem particularly bright. My guess is that she has relied her looks, and sex appeal to get what she wants in life, including "wining" the Bachelor, and hasn't bothered to develop a truly interesting and intelligent personality, something that's deeper than just being pretty, cute, or sexy. Women like that quickly get boring for most men.

Last edited by detshen; 03-13-2012 at 01:22 AM..

Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 AM

4,280 posts, read 7,706,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
All I can say is that between now and the ending of Emily's season on the Bachelorette, ABC must pull off some kind of miracle, or I believe they will be losing a lot of viewers. This has been THE worst Bachelor season ever and a complete waste of time.
By far the worst and with my two least favorite people

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:13 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,560,848 times
I loved the finale! And I'm glad to hear that they are still together and want to make it work. I agree with Chris Harrison, they both have this weird quirky vibe about them, and in some ways they seem perfectly matched. And they definitely have big chemistry!

But Ben definitely needs to get over it, and start thinking as a couple if he wants it to work out. No matter how mad he got, not talking to her for several weeks was a lousy thing to do.

I also loved the whole black dress and cape combo that both Courtney and Lindzie wore. Lindzi's skirt looked black, then shimmered blue, then green, then purple, depending on the light it was reflecting - really pretty - and the style was perfect for her. And then when Courtney took off her cape, and her dress had that beautiful cut work/strappy neckline? She definitely looked like a model in that moment! Just a really stunning dress - and I loved the black leather gloves - even if it was a slightly odd choice, when she knew he might be going to put a ring on her finger. Probably the most fashionable finale ever in the history of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
One thing I never I understood was; who was bashing Ashley, and why? I thought she was good on her season, it wasn't her fault that butt hole Bentley lied to her, and pretended to be totally into her while absolutely trashing her behind her back. I only hated him, and the producers for showing the horrible footage of him being so cruel, she didn't do anything to deserve being treated like that.
Initially most of the negative comments were about Ashley's looks. She's not the best looking woman to ever do the show, but it was kind of shocking to me how many viewers were unhappy she was chosen to be the Bachelorette. And once that kind of backlash happens, it's hard to overcome. Then add to it the fact that she didn't see through Bentley (and how could she have seen through him? She wasn't privy to his diary room entries like we were...) and the backlash against her only increased. I can't blame her for still being hurt over it.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:13 AM

5,273 posts, read 6,091,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
By far the worst and with my two least favorite people

Ditto Chick!! Courtney and Ben DESERVE one another. He already runs away lol for a few weeks....and now they profess their love..........again, That is such a train wreck. I give it a few months-tops! I have NO sympathy for Ben whatsoever. He made his bed. He can lie in it now!

Quote:
I can't stand her baby voice, she's a 28 year old woman, not a 6 year old. She even did that voice a little bit with Ben's mom and sister, it seems that's what she does when she wants people to like her. I don't see much intelligence in her, I don't think she's stupid or anything, she just doesn't seem particularly bright. My guess is that she has relied her looks, and sex appeal to get what she wants in life, including "wining" the Bachelor, and hasn't bothered to develop a truly interesting and intelligent personality, something that's deeper than just being pretty, cute, or sexy. Women like that quickly get boring for most men.
GREAT post Detshen! She has that annoying baby voice she turns on when she needs to.......ugh. I am surprised Ben's mom and sister liked her!

Now we get to look forward to see Emily...the airheaded one coming up!

I am glad Ashley and JP are still together. They seem alot more real than most on there. JP is definitely not someone who wants to be in the spotlight or gain anything from it all.............Ashley has the last laugh with that callous and pompous Bentley!! He looks like Chef Ramsey from Kitchen Nightmares LOL.

I saw that Linze was on Jimmy Kimmel last night. I dvr'd it.....will have to see what she said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV