U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-16-2010, 01:00 AM

3,647 posts, read 2,936,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
My observations

1. Ali: Jake shows he has character. He didn't allow that conniving and selfish Ali back on the show. She thought she could have it both ways and Jake did the right thing by not giving in to her demands and showing respect for the 3 women who decided to stay.

2 Viena: The reason Viena is winning Jake over is simple. It's because she is fun and carefree. Sorry ladies but you need to realize that men are not always into snobby prissy women. I agree that Viena isn't the most attractive or sophisticated but she is the only one of those women that was being open from the very beginning and having fun. Vienna beat out these more attractive and sophisticated women because she didn't play mind games and she didn't play hard to get. BTW: How is Vienna WT but Tenley isn't? Sorry but Vienna didn't get married and divorced in under 6 months

3. Gia: I don't feel bad for Gia. She has dated two professional athletes, and had multiple plastic surgery. She was not a nerd in high school so she has lied on that issue. She will just end up dating a celebrity in 6 months, mark my words. She is completely fake

4. Tenley: Sorry but the pitiful victimized divorce role won't save you in the Final Two. Vienna will win because at the end of the day, Jake is going to realize he has more fun with Vienna as opposed to the mousy faux innocent divorce Tenley.

I agree with you on number 1. That showed character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 07:08 AM

6,384 posts, read 5,903,368 times
Well, it just showed that He didn't like/love Ali - So She did make the right decision.

I personally think Jake is A TOOL.

I love all three woman - it's so hard to let one go. I love them all...

I wish I could have all three. I just love them, I love them, I love them all!!!

Old 02-16-2010, 07:38 AM

44,928 posts, read 6,203,430 times
I'm really bored with the show and don't think I will be watching any longer since it's all BS anyway.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:22 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,804,690 times
I thought that was funny that Jake didn't want Ali to come back after all- as I didn't like her.
Jake should of let Vienna go last night instead of Gia. He should choose Tenley but he will probably end up choosing Vienna Unless perhaps his family doesn't like Vienna and he listens to them.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:26 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,110,898 times
I can't wait to hear what his family thinks about Vienna.

I don't remember past Bachelors (or the women) using the Love word so freely. This whole season has just seemed more fake than usual. Maybe it is because of the early leak of who the final pick is, but everything Jake says seems sickeningly insincere.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 AM

5,608 posts, read 7,046,073 times
Azriverfan, I agree with you about Jake's character and was glad that he admitted to Ali that he had moved on, was focused on the three women who stayed and did not give her another chance. She got what she deserved, and she can eat her heart out when he picks Vienna.

I do not think that Tenley is mousy. She's beautiful inside and out. I would love for Jake to choose her, but I really believe he's going for Vienna. From day one she has been out for herself and there for Jake. They are both totally themselves with each other, and I could tell during last night's date that he's even more comfortable with her now and totally into her. Their physical attraction for each other is obvious. He made a comment about knowing she's immature but they can grow up together. That said a lot to me.

I never for a minute thought he'd pick Gia.

As much as I like Tenley and her family, I'm just not sure that Jake wants to spend the next few years trying to help her get over her divorce. Trust is likely to remain an issue with her for a long time, and she just may not be as willing or able to open up. Vienna has been pretty much an open book from day one. Jake is listening to his heart and clearly didn't listen to or care what all the other women thought of Vienna. I don't approve of his choice, but it IS his choice, and he's the one that will reap the consequences, whatever they may be.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:15 AM

5,266 posts, read 4,427,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
My observations

1. Ali: Jake shows he has character. He didn't allow that conniving and selfish Ali back on the show. She thought she could have it both ways and Jake did the right thing by not giving in to her demands and showing respect for the 3 women who decided to stay.

2 Viena: The reason Viena is winning Jake over is simple. It's because she is fun and carefree. Sorry ladies but you need to realize that men are not always into snobby prissy women. I agree that Viena isn't the most attractive or sophisticated but she is the only one of those women that was being open from the very beginning and having fun. Vienna beat out these more attractive and sophisticated women because she didn't play mind games and she didn't play hard to get. BTW: How is Vienna WT but Tenley isn't? Sorry but Vienna didn't get married and divorced in under 6 months

3. Gia: I don't feel bad for Gia. She has dated two professional athletes, and had multiple plastic surgery. She was not a nerd in high school so she has lied on that issue. She will just end up dating a celebrity in 6 months, mark my words. She is completely fake

4. Tenley: Sorry but the pitiful victimized divorce role won't save you in the Final Two. Vienna will win because at the end of the day, Jake is going to realize he has more fun with Vienna as opposed to the mousy faux innocent divorce Tenley.

Vienna was married twice!! not once!! She is trashy..

Pinetreelover- I agree emphatically about Jake using the word "love" in such a carefree way! I have never heard the bachelors even PROCLAIM they loved any one of the bachelorettes in history of the show! I thought they weren't sup. to profess their love until the finale!

I really thought Jake had higher expectations...He wants to "take care" of someone and sounds like he wants to 'CONTROL" them too!! thanks but no thanks!! He wants a showpiece on his arm...ahem, big boobage Vienna.........or Tenley--who is a mouse lol...BUT I would hope he would pick Tenley *what a strange name* over Vienna..SHe seems to have slightly more of a brain than Vienna. Everytime she opens her mouth though, it's about her EX policeman husband!! Gag! .Did you hear when Tenley asked if Jake was going to
in reality" take her on picnics? go places? LOL>>>>>>and that he can fly anywhere..yada yada..Well, newsflash, my husband works for airlines too and yes we can fly anywhere but we are LAST on the list !!Paying passengers first! it isn't as glamorous as one thinks!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 AM

9,444 posts, read 10,035,346 times
Well, another wasted season.
When Jake told Ali that he doesn't want her to come back, I was like "yeeessss!". To be honest, Ali made the right choice, she just doesn't realize it yet. Although I don't like her, Jake is a tool. Besides, if he really really was into her, he would have her come back, just like Gina accepted Ed back and ended up picking him at the end.

Tenley is booooooooooooooring. Yeah, she is sweet, beautiful, kind....what-ever. She is too sweet, she almost gave me a cavity just from watching her.

Gia is too hot for Jake, let's face it. She is lucky he didn't pick her, she would be bored out of her mind with the lifestyle he would provide for her. She is a city girl, she needs to date a city boy. They were a mismatch from the get go.

Vienna - I had the most fun watching those 2 together. You don't need a rocket scientist to see that they have the most chemistry. I didn't think so last week, but this week proved it to me. That's too bad though, cause I can see a break-up in the horizon. Vienna will not handle the reality of being a pilot's girlfriend and she will be running back to daddy in no time.

Another wasted season.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM

2,212 posts, read 3,131,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, another wasted season.
When Jake told Ali that he doesn't want her to come back, I was like "yeeessss!". To be honest, Ali made the right choice, she just doesn't realize it yet.

Tenley is booooooooooooooring. Yeah, she is sweet, beautiful, kind....what-ever. She is too sweet, she almost gave me a cavity just from watching her.

Gia is too hot for Jake, let's face it.

Vienna - I had the most fun watching those 2 together. You don't need a rocket scientist to see that they have the most chemistry. I didn't think so last week, but this week proved it to me.
Jake is going to pick Vienna and 2 months afterwards, when he realizes that when they stop kissing and actually try and have a conversation, there's NOTHING to talk about. One of my best friends in college was a guy who always had funny tidbits of wisdom and here's my favorite (that applies to Vienna):

Bimboland is a nice place to visit, but you don't want to buy a house there.

Vienna and the tattoo on her hip (VERY classy, wonder if it has one of her husband's names on it), the fact she says she's never been in love (uh...weren't you married?), the fact that her family thinks it's SO FUNNY that she's wrecked 4 cars, the list goes on and on and on. And to be totally superficial, she doesn't understand the difference between blonde and yellow. Her hair is a mess.

Gia is a hot mess of contradictions. She says she's insecure but she is a swimsuit model who wears Daisy Dukes (she looks good in them, don't get me wrong, but I know a few insecure people who could pull off those shorts too and there's no way in hell they'd buy them...that's the definition of "insecure"). She is a beautiful girl who is going to have to find a truly secure man who has an endless supply of time to make her feel good and pursue her to the ends of the earth. Good luck with that one.

Tenley is the only one I like and my "like" is lukewarm at best. I liked her family and she seems like the only one left who, as she said last night, "when I make a commitment, I stick to it." For those who make fun of her for being upset after her divorce, I would ask you why shouldn't she be upset? If she takes marriage seriously and thought that the person she was marrying was going to be her husband forever, isn't it right that she be upset? It's one thing to have a marriage dissolve slowly until there's no emotion left. It's another, after only a year of marriage, to find out your husband has been repeatedly unfaithful. If she took her marriage seriously, that SHOULD be devastating. What I'm not sure about is if Jake needs to be "the one" after her divorce. Tenley and Jake do look good together and I can see the two of them actually having a nice life together.

Ali got the "thanks but no thanks" from Jake last night and I am so glad. Jake went up a couple of notches for me after that. I still don't think she was wrong to go back to her job and I think after time goes by, she'll realize that too. Wouldn't it be interesting if Jake doesn't pick either Tenley or Vienna and decides to call Ali when the show is over? Now that would be a twist.

Jake has become very disappointing. I'm not sure how much the producers force the issue and the dates, but really...he's said he "LOVES" 3 women? Does he know the definition and the difference between "like you a lot" and "love"? Someone who throws that word around so easily needs to be given a wide berth. Not sure that if he picks Tenley and she watches this show, she won't have a moment of pause to wonder if Jake really understands what love is.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 AM

2,212 posts, read 3,131,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Did you hear when Tenley asked if Jake was going to in reality" take her on picnics? go places? LOL>>>>>>and that he can fly anywhere..yada yada..Well, newsflash, my husband works for airlines too and yes we can fly anywhere but we are LAST on the list !!Paying passengers first! it isn't as glamorous as one thinks!
I laughed at that one too. Jake, as a pilot, can get on the jumpseat when he travels but his wife will have to fly standby. I used to be a flight attendant and got to take some great trips. But, I also have stories of being stuck in a city for days because of cancellations, weather and no open seat availability. Standby only works about 75% of the time and only if you do some research on which flights are available. With the airlines cutting back service, the planes are now even more full and most of the time, if they're not at capacity, they get cancelled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV