Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
BTW: How is Vienna WT but Tenley isn't? Sorry but Vienna didn't get married and divorced in under 6 months
Tenley's husband cheated on her...even if you subscribe to the theory that "men cheat for a reason", surely you don't condone staying with a cheater? If her husband didn't want to be married, he should have asked for a divorce. Cheating is the worst thing that can happen in a marriage and I think it shows courage that Tenley left rather than always wondering if the "honey I have to work late" call means he's starting up again with another woman. Only politician's wives and women with no self esteem stay with cheaters. The rest of us would rather die alone in a house full of cats than be married to someone who says he loves you but has sex with someone else.

Vienna IS white trash because she's been married and neither she or her family even talks about it. That tells me this...she didn't take it seriously and she and her family just put that in the "Oh, Vienna, you're so crazy" column. My favorite is that she says she's never been in love and that only NOW is she ready to take marriage seriously. Run for the hills Jake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 10:20 AM

[quote=FarNorthDallas;12914901]Talking about what kind of ring she wants?? Okay, then. [quote]

I know...and the best part of it was when she answered coyly, "I don't know." Yeah, right. Even I, who wasn't really sure I even wanted to get married, could have answered that question immediately. Girls know what kinds of rings we like. Just like 99% of us know what we want for a wedding venue, dress, flowers, color, bridesmaids, etc. Things may change slightly when a new issue of Martha Stewart Weddings comes out, but once we're in a relationship that seems like it's going well, we start thinking of the big day. It's written into our DNA...even for those of us who were a bit skeptical of marriage.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, another wasted season.
When Jake told Ali that he doesn't want her to come back, I was like "yeeessss!". To be honest, Ali made the right choice, she just doesn't realize it yet. Although I don't like her, Jake is a tool. Besides, if he really really was into her, he would have her come back, just like Gina accepted Ed back and ended up picking him at the end.

Tenley is booooooooooooooring. Yeah, she is sweet, beautiful, kind....what-ever. She is too sweet, she almost gave me a cavity just from watching her.

Gia is too hot for Jake, let's face it. She is lucky he didn't pick her, she would be bored out of her mind with the lifestyle he would provide for her. She is a city girl, she needs to date a city boy. They were a mismatch from the get go.

Vienna - I had the most fun watching those 2 together. You don't need a rocket scientist to see that they have the most chemistry. I didn't think so last week, but this week proved it to me. That's too bad though, cause I can see a break-up in the horizon. Vienna will not handle the reality of being a pilot's girlfriend and she will be running back to daddy in no time.

Another wasted season.

Did you notice Jake kept emphasizing the fact that Gia wore 700.00 to 1000.00 shoes! all the time...kind of a dig to her lol in the fashion world. Yes, Gia actually deserves better. She has nothing in common with Jake and that's a good thing. Jake is awkward in every way, shape and form. He reminds me of Opie Cunningham LOL. Ugh!

Quote:
Vienna IS white trash because she's been married and neither she or her family even talks about it. That tells me this...she didn't take it seriously and she and her family just put that in the "Oh, Vienna, you're so crazy" column. My favorite is that she says she's never been in love and that only NOW is she ready to take marriage seriously. Run for the hills Jake.
LMAO 3D'S!! So true. SHe is trailer trash. I get dizzy from her dizziness LOL

Old 02-16-2010, 10:30 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I laughed at that one too. Jake, as a pilot, can get on the jumpseat when he travels but his wife will have to fly standby. I used to be a flight attendant and got to take some great trips. But, I also have stories of being stuck in a city for days because of cancellations, weather and no open seat availability. Standby only works about 75% of the time and only if you do some research on which flights are available. With the airlines cutting back service, the planes are now even more full and most of the time, if they're not at capacity, they get cancelled.

You are so right 3D's! We have to list 5-6 times minimum! to make sure we can get on a flight.. Shat out of luck if there are only 1 or 2 flights going to destination....In fact I still am looking at seats left and how many are non-rev listed who have MORE SENIORITY than my hub lol and he's been in industry over 18 years at his company. I had to sit for 5 hrs. one day when I went back to my hometown and FINALLY got on a flight. You are right about cutbacks to with airlines.A royal PITA!!because flights are so limited especially in the past year or two!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:35 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,980 times
I admit I am not much of a Vienna fan however all the bashing gets old. Do any of us know what these people are like except for the edit ? Vienna did explain as a teenager she married and broke her father's heart. I don't think she in indicated she loved the guy she married. Wasn't she around 18 or 19? I know I was different in my mid 20's then as a teen. Granted all the gossip is negative about her yet on the show she really has not done anything trashy in the least. So she made out on her bed with a camera man present..hardly meant she went all the way. Following jake & Gia when the lights went out was so script driven as a camera man was behind her. Alot of these girls seem to be taking direction such as that goof ball call Jake had with Ali. Wow ..whatv a woman..she managed to change from her robe on the bed to her tank top then in the kitchen ready to cook. Did anyone notice how jake held that phone to his ear? FAKE! Not sure any of these people are for real!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,811,786 times
I did notice both of Jake's comments about the expensive shoes that Gia wore. I didn't think of it as a dig to her so much as him probably thinking he couldn't afford her.

I absolutely cannot see Vienna and Jake lasting for any great length of time, nor can I imagine his family of doctors accepting someone like Vienna or being remotely able to coordinate a wedding with Vienna's trashy family. I think Vienna is a beautiful girl with a bangin' bod and a great smile, but her dye job TOTALLY turns me off. I just want to give her a makeover.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I admit I am not much of a Vienna fan however all the bashing gets old. Do any of us know what these people are like except for the edit ?
I was always defending Vienna from the hatred of the girls in the house. I didn't understand it and frankly, it made me more sympathetic to her.

My Vienna bashing is purely on what she's said. Whether it's been edited is besides-the-point. It came out of her mouth. I always think it's funny when people are on reality shows and they say "that's not really who I am." Editing only goes so far...they can't edit what doesn't come out of your mouth.

Her family laughs about how many cars she's wrecked, her dad clearly has her on a pedestal which can only lead to disaster, she's been married before but no one talks about it or calls her on her statement of "I've never been in love but now I intend to take marriage seriously" comment.

Finally...she's 23. All of the girls are young but sometimes life experiences make you older. In Vienna's case, her life experiences have made her younger and anything younger than 23 is too young to get married and make a life commitment. Especially someone who gets bailed out of sticky situations by her daddy who still calls her his "little princess."

Clearly you're a fan and that's okay. The beauty of these threads is that everyone here gets to share their opinion.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I was always defending Vienna from the hatred of the girls in the house. I didn't understand it and frankly, it made me more sympathetic to her.

My Vienna bashing is purely on what she's said. Whether it's been edited is besides-the-point. It came out of her mouth. I always think it's funny when people are on reality shows and they say "that's not really who I am." Editing only goes so far...they can't edit what doesn't come out of your mouth.

Her family laughs about how many cars she's wrecked, her dad clearly has her on a pedestal which can only lead to disaster, she's been married before but no one talks about it or calls her on her statement of "I've never been in love but now I intend to take marriage seriously" comment.

Finally...she's 23. All of the girls are young but sometimes life experiences make you older. In Vienna's case, her life experiences have made her younger and anything younger than 23 is too young to get married and make a life commitment. Especially someone who gets bailed out of sticky situations by her daddy who still calls her his "little princess."

Clearly you're a fan and that's okay. The beauty of these threads is that everyone here gets to share their opinion.
Not a fan..an observer. I liked Ella but she is history. Not crazy about the final 2.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Well, it just showed that He didn't like/love Ali - So She did make the right decision.
It shows Ali didn't like/love Jake enough to give them a chance. The other women sacraficed to be on that show. Ali wanted it both ways. She left to save her job and when everything was safe, she wanted back on. It shows her priority wasn't him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Vienna was married twice!! not once!! She is trashy..

Pinetreelover- I agree emphatically about Jake using the word "love" in such a carefree way! I have never heard the bachelors even PROCLAIM they loved any one of the bachelorettes in history of the show! I thought they weren't sup. to profess their love until the finale!
Thanks, I didn't know she was previously married. It does change my opinion of her. She is trashy.

And I agree completely that Jake is as messed up as those girls. How is it possible that he can be in love with 4 women at once like he claims? He clearly sounds like someone who doesn't have much experience with women or hasn't been in any meaningful relationships to understand what love is. He just seems like the 40 year old virgin.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 02-16-2010 at 12:10 PM..

Old 02-16-2010, 12:05 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,811,786 times
I agree that Ali's priority wasn't Jake.

Like you, goodgal, I really liked Ella. She and Tenley were the only remotely normal women on the whole show this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV