Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:46 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,025,320 times

Advertisements

NBC - Monday nights... Just got done watching the 1st episode, and was kinda impressed. Filmed in one of my favourite cities [San Fran], and coupled with some interesting dialog and music and sci-fi stuff. Anyone else catch it?

Now, have to go find this book "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 10:02 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,664,010 times
It's a good program. The lead character is the same guy that was in the HBO series Rome. It'll be interesting to see how the other female in the program figuring into everything.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,132,302 times
I Tivo'd the program but haven't seen it yet. I'm glad to hear that no one has trashed it!! It looks interesting to me and I have a fascination with time travel in general so hopefully this should be good.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:37 PM

3,672 posts, read 10,575,753 times
I watched it and was likewise captivated. It moved a bit slow at the first for a pilot, but it did put enough mystery in the plotline to keep me interested. I gotta watch at least long enough to see how and why Emily got caught up in the time travel gimmick too.

Seems like a cross between Sliders and Quantum Leap.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:19 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,025,320 times
Anyone not seeing the show yet, and/or may have it recorded for later viewing [940 ], do not read following [highlight to see the words... ]:

Only minor complaints that I had were...
1. Gave two much info, not enough of a cliff-hanger.
- IMHO would be so much interesting if his supposedly deceased lady friend hadn't actually talked w/ him; just have him catch a fleeting image of her, as the other one is coming out of the room, keep ya wondering about what was it ya just saw. Now, we know she is alive, and that she too is a "journeyman"...
- at the end, would have been maybe more better if not had the wife see his proof, leave that for the next episode... keep the suspicion going just a bit more.
2. At times, was kinda difficult to hear the dialog - background music/FX tad too overbearing...
3. Especially during the 1st 2/3 of the show, seemed that everyone was just a bit too cruel, harsh, overbearing, hatred, etc. towards him... very little to no compassion. Of course, we don't know his past nor other causes for their behaviour,,, but still. Damn, if I have a time warping experience, would hope that someone, somewhere would give me at least a nano-benefit of doubt!

Old 09-28-2007, 03:46 PM

781 posts, read 3,809,354 times
I really liked it.......does remind me of Sliders a bit. There to do a good deed and save someone.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:32 PM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,915,324 times
Wife and I just watched it on the web no commercials! We liked it doesn't really say how hes blipping around through time but it works. Next time he is in 1987 I like to see him buy some Microsoft or Google stocks I used to love sliders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV