Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 04:38 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,864,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
How can it not... opening sequence... camera placed at the head of a gurney surrounded by frantic and concerned faces of doctor, nurses, and EMT's as the lights from the ceiling go rushing overhead, cut to the faces of Teddy, the girls, Rayna's sister and Coleman rushing up the emergency rooms door. Who is on gurney? Is it Rayna, is it Deacon, cut to commercial... run opening credits.

CC: ...Or we could see Rayna in a wheelchair, in rehab. Perhaps she'll have damage to the right side of her brain, so she cannot speak easily - but can still sing, since that's a left-brain function. Then Deacon comes in, flowers in hand, to make whatever amends he can. Of course he is heartbroken and riddled with guilt...and is barely tolerated by Rayna's family because she sings that she loves him and wants him to stick around, and her speech therapists and doctors concur.

Ancient history! Considering how the judge dismissed Teddy's injunction with with the back of his hand and Theodore's impending indictment for fraud, and public corruption (remember you get to be mayor, I get stadium quid pro quo)... family court isn't where you are going to find Ole Teddy.

CC: Perhaps not, but ALL of Teddy's legal issues will impact Rayna as well. I agree that family court is the least of it at this point, but the rest?? She isn't going to want him to go to prison, and while he has great clout in Nashville, he's facing the feds now.

Say what??? She was trying to get him to give up that bottle that he was sucking like a pacifier. God knows that anyone who has ever had a lot of experience dealing with alcoholics knows (myself included) there is only so much rationality, one person can muster when dealing with such people when they are in full self-destruct mode, and old Dec was in full tilt Red Neck Kamikaze.

CC: It was foolish and inadvisable for Rayna to argue with a drunken Deacon, especially while driving. Why was she driving so fast? Where were they going? It was logical for her to force him into the passenger seat, and take the keys - but why drive, and if she felt compelled to take him somewhere, angrily arguing with an intoxicated drunk (not to mention trying to grab his bottle while driving rapidly and erratically!) is an exercise in dangerous futility.

CC: One of the first things anyone in touch with Al-Anon learns is the difference between your stuff and their -i.e., the alcoholic's - stuff. Rayna made Deacon's "stuff" hers, and is paying an extremely high price. Yes, Deacon was in full cry - which is all the more reason that Rayna should have stayed calm and kept her boundaries and her temper intact.

CC: Of course Rayna was angry, hurt, upset, disappointed, and all of those other difficult things - but she didn't keep her head. Actually, that behavior was very out of character for the Rayna we've gotten to know through the series...she has always been portrayed as keeping her cool pretty well previously, and her anger has been on the cool side, as in the initial "you can kiss my decision goodbye..." incident.

CC: Had Rayna truly absorbed the lessons offered by Al-Anon, she would have taken Deacon's keys, quickly gotten backup from mutual friends at The Bluebird, and taken him to a place of safety. She would have called Coleman (was he at The Bluebird?? I don't remember seeing him there...) to come over and stay with Deacon until he sobered up. BTW, Coleman was incredibly gullible to accept newly slipped, hung-over Deacon's word that he was going to go to an AA meeting, and then to leave Deacon alone....but at least he responded to Gunnar's call immediately and went to Deacon's house. He just failed to carry through, and was way too trusting.

By the way, if Rayna is badly hurt, there won't be a rock in all of Tennessee that Dec is going to be able to hide under. Between Lamar, Teddy, Coleman, and every Rayna Jaymes fan from Birmingham to Yahzoo City looking for a piece of his behind. Even his dog might kick him to the curb.

CC: Doubt it, since the dog-named-Sue has already been kicked to the curb, so to speak - Sue's living with the vet as of several episodes ago. But yes, I agree with the rest of your prediction. Although Rayna, not Deacon, was behind the wheel...and it wasn't clear if she was wearing a seat belt (Deacon was belted in).

Tinge with a little, she (Juliette) got what's cummin to 'er.

CC: But did Jolene?? She deserved a better finish, though through her weakness, she wasted most of her adult life. Nonetheless, she loved Juliette - as much as she was able to love Juliette (which was not enough). Sadly, her addictive personality - much of which appears to have been passed along to Juliette - made her very, very flawed, if still sympathetic in many ways. A very tragic figure...

CC: No one deserves to have a parent such as Jolene was during Juliette's childhood. But Juliette needs to learn how to care for herself and transcend that troubled childhood. She appears to be allowing herself to become more vulnerable now - and to admit to it - and that's a positive thing. She'll still have her moments, of course...but I think we'll see a much more sympathetic portrayal of Juliette next season. Hope she doesn't lose her sass along the way, though.

This is Nashville Hoss, can't play that song cause violins ain't fiddles and they ain't for play'n sad songs.

CC: Actually...I've heard plenty of both violins AND fiddles in Music City...you do know the difference, don't you?? Think about it....

(the fiddle has a red neck).

Old fiddler/violinist joke. Want more?

Violinists are high-strung but fine-tuned.

Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson - Don't Cuss the Fiddle - YouTube

Now there's an idea for a guest star!

CC: Yes, that would be cool.

Can you imagine Willie and Rayna token' up in the back of the bus! Priceless.
CC: Rayna, token'?? Nope. Not our Rayna. But the old Juliette, not to mention Avery and perhaps Will might indulge...and if Liam came around again, it would not surprise me a bit to see him lighting up.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 05-23-2013 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: clarity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 PM

559 posts, read 1,392,861 times
I'm glad that Gunnar came clean to Jack about who really wrote those lyrics. Jack didn't even care. He was so excited about that mugshot.

I like Charlotte's comment to Gunnar about having his hair combed right. LOL that's what I was thinking.

I also like how Juliette's old manager supported her.

Wow at Will. That guy he saw must be his ex-boyfriend or his current boyfriend that he's keeping secret.

And wow at Peggy being pregnant and Gunnar proposing to Charlotte.

I thought Deacon was going to end up in the emergency room from taking pills with alcohol, or from trying to drive himself home (or to a bar). But I see that he'll end up the emergency room anyway, along with Rayna.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:23 AM

6,460 posts, read 6,649,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
I'm glad that Gunnar came clean to Jack about who really wrote those lyrics. Jack didn't even care. He was so excited about that mugshot.

I like Charlotte's comment to Gunnar about having his hair combed right. LOL that's what I was thinking.

I also like how Juliette's old manager supported her.

Wow at Will. That guy he saw must be his ex-boyfriend or his current boyfriend that he's keeping secret.

And wow at Peggy being pregnant and Gunnar proposing to Charlotte.

I thought Deacon was going to end up in the emergency room from taking pills with alcohol, or from trying to drive himself home (or to a bar). But I see that he'll end up the emergency room anyway, along with Rayna.
Just a friendly FYI: her name is actually Scarlett.

(I was confused for a moment, trying to figure out why I didn't remember a character named Charlotte!)

Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 AM

22,264 posts, read 29,312,732 times
Good finale. Can't wait for the Fall!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:07 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,821,088 times
I loved that song at the end that Juliette (Hayden) was singing, so haunting.

I sure hope Hayden (Juliette) gets an Emmy for her acting this year. It has been fantastic. Also Deacon (Chip) has done an amazing job as well with his character.

I love the city of Nashville and sure hope they keep it there for next season, the live shots really add to the show. Living in Southern CA I really hate it when they film here and want us to believe it is somewhere else. Brown hills are brown hills and don't tell me that Tennessee is full of brown hills, I have been there so won't be fooled.

Great season and so glad it was renewed.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:37 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,763,915 times
Kudos upon kudos to the writing team for this show. This ladies and gents is how you end a season. A bunch of bombs dropped but alas we must wait till fall to see them explode. Rayna and Deacon's accident, Peggy knocked up, Teddy's legal troubles, the feds approaching Tandy and Gunnar on bended knee. If this show gets snubbed at the Emmies it'll be a crying shame

Old 05-25-2013, 06:34 AM

559 posts, read 1,392,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Just a friendly FYI: her name is actually Scarlett.

(I was confused for a moment, trying to figure out why I didn't remember a character named Charlotte!)
LOL something told me I was getting her name wrong.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:46 AM

4,488 posts, read 4,967,687 times
Connie Britton's 23 Best Faces On "Nashville"

For all you Nashville Fans!!!!

Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 AM

13,386 posts, read 28,678,627 times
Agree..great show and great season finale

Old 06-12-2013, 10:01 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,864,584 times
Good news! According to Connie Britton's Facebook, filming of season two of "Nashville" will begin on or around July 9 - IN Nashville! So glad production is staying in Music City...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV