Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 AM

313 posts, read 402,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I am hoping Melissa and Tony wins. Melissa is the best.
I'm rooting for her too b/c she and Tony have quietly been keeping their head down & doing a super job. They're not flashy or pawing each other or being too showy. I had never heard of Melissa prior to this, but she's impressed me a lot. A real trooper, dancing even post-injury w/ no elaborate show of it. Tony seems very professional and sweet, just like Derek.

I'm so sad to see Gilles go He really seemed to have his heart in it, and worked really hard. Emmitt seems like a nice guy but his dancing hasn't impressed me at all. It's such a pity Gilles won't get to dance to Michael Jackson's music.

Quote:
I know Kirstie wasn't a great dancer, but she tried. It's tough trying to compete with all the younger dancers. Instead of just having one token "older" person, have several. That way they can compete in a more fair fashion.
I wonder if Kirstie's been on something w/ her bizarre revelations about Travolta being the love of her life & the comments about Swayze. Then her giggly odd behavior on Monday..maybe the pressure of being on DWTS with all these younger dancers has been too tough on her.

I'll miss Kirstie too, but it was time for her to go.
Quote:
Instead of just having one token "older" person, have several. That way they can compete in a more fair fashion.
Maybe they should be in a different category? I don't know how that would work exactly but perhaps 2 tiers of competition so in each tier a person is kicked off. That way the really good dancers don't get eliminated. Sort of like a Miss Congeniality.

I have to admit as much as I think Kelly's a diva and comes off as a nasty person, she has done a great job dancing. I'll give her that. So while I will be ok for her to go next week, I'm hoping it's Emmitt instead.

Oh wait, next week is double elimination, right? Hmmm..hard to pick b/c the others - Appollo, Shawn, Melissa, and Kelly are all great dancers. I'd like to see Melissa in the final.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 AM

884 posts, read 1,062,462 times
I personally am ready for Kelly to go....just tired of her tacky tactics to win over the judges and all the sleeziness. I hope not to come off to hard on her....but she makes the show "raunchy" to watch. But if that's what people want...keep voting for her.

I like Shawn, Melissa and Emmitt. And sorry guys, Apollo may need to be going soon as well although he's hot....he's not that great of a dancer and I'm a little tired of looking at Karina (she's ruining it for Apollo). Just my opinions.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Maks looks pretty happy in this photo with Peta:

Dancing with the Stars Elimination: Peta Murgatroyd & Gilles Marini Say Goodbye : People.com

Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 AM

And it looks as though Hope Solo may have married her fiance (whom she's dated for two months)...the one who was accused of abusing her:

Hope Solo Weds Jerramy Stevens Amid Assault Allegations? - Weddings, Celebrity Scandals, Hope Solo : People.com

Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 AM

884 posts, read 1,062,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Wow! I never realized that Maks and Peta were actualgirlfriend/boyfriend until I read this article. That seems an odd combination to me, I wonder how long they've been together since Peta is fairly new on DWTS, maybe they met on DWTS.

I wonder now if this had something to do with them both being eliminated on the same day...so they can go relax together by Thanksgiving Holidays. Just a thought that crossed my mind.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I haven't read the whole thread, but what is up with Karina's face? It looks like botched plastic surgery...all pointy and The Joker-y. Looks terrible.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:58 AM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times
pinkstring...Kirstie Ally has a looong history of drug use in the past, by her own admission. I thought she seemed a bit out of it last night. Like, her reactions didn't match the circumstances.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
Wow! I never realized that Maks and Peta were actualgirlfriend/boyfriend until I read this article. That seems an odd combination to me, I wonder how long they've been together since Peta is fairly new on DWTS, maybe they met on DWTS.

I've posted about Maks and Peta in the past few weeks. I even commented that maybe the reason he seems so happy this season is not only because of Kirstie but also because he's been dating Peta.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, but what is up with Karina's face? It looks like botched plastic surgery...all pointy and The Joker-y. Looks terrible.

Karina admitted that she had a nose job after Season 3, when she was dating her partner Mario Lopez. She looks like she's had more work done since then.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
I had never heard of Melissa prior to this, but she's impressed me a lot. A real trooper, dancing even post-injury w/ no elaborate show of it. Tony seems very professional and sweet, just like Derek.

I know Melissa only because she was a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys.

She was most "famous" for winning the heart of The Bachelor on Season 13 of that show. He selected her as the "winner" but then he announced that he really fell for the runner-up and he broke up with Melissa on TV. Although I didnt watch the show, I remember how impressed I was with how graciously she took the public embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV