Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 AM

631 posts, read 1,071,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
^^ Love this show! Of course, Don Cheadle is one of my favorite actors of all time. Can't wait for Season 2.
Really? I don't like it at all. The idea to make a series about management consulting is very good and yet the series lack good scripts, strong characters, and some other things. Besides, I dislike all these inappropriate sex scenes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Careful, baloney is in the eye of the beholder. I love Suits, but I like shows about vampires and zombies too, many are well made, and fantasy/supernatural can serve a real purpose for storytelling. Even soaps and silly reality shows can provide some needed escapism during hard times.
I can't stand films and series about vampires with the few exception of The Fearless Vampire Killers by Roman Polanski and Bram Stoker's Dracula by F.F. Coppola.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:54 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,248,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
Really? I don't like it at all. The idea to make a series about management consulting is very good and yet the series lack good scripts, strong characters, and some other things. Besides, I dislike all these inappropriate sex scenes.
I like it because its not meant, imho, to be a true representation of management consultants, more of an over the top portrayal. Don Cheadle cracks me up. The sex scenes don't bother me ... but, I'm pretty liberal when it comes to stuff like that. I'd much rather watch two people getting it on than two people beating the crap out of each other or a bunch of women fighting over some silly thing or another.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:05 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
I can't stand films and series about vampires with the few exception of The Fearless Vampire Killers by Roman Polanski and Bram Stoker's Dracula by F.F. Coppola.

To each their own, there's nothing wrong with people having different tastes. I generally don't like Law Firm shows, and I would never have thought I'd like a show about corporate law, but I love Suits.

True Blood is a great show featuring vampires, and Buffy was one of the best shows ever made, a few episodes were sheer genius. The Walking Dead is another show I love and it's about a Zombie Apocolypse. I'm definitely not into teen melodrama about vampires like Twilight, I personally find that a stain on the genre, but that's just my own opinion.

Last edited by detshen; 07-18-2012 at 01:14 PM..

Old 07-19-2012, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
To each their own, there's nothing wrong with people having different tastes. I generally don't like Law Firm shows, and I would never have thought I'd like a show about corporate law, but I love Suits.

True Blood is a great show featuring vampires, and Buffy was one of the best shows ever made, a few episodes were sheer genius. The Walking Dead is another show I love and it's about a Zombie Apocolypse. I'm definitely not into teen melodrama about vampires like Twilight, I personally find that a stain on the genre, but that's just my own opinion.
I wonder if Hollywood has already coined any series about vampire lawyers. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV