Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 04:15 PM

5,125 posts, read 6,123,485 times

Advertisements

I must have watched a different Breaking Bad................the one I watched showed people killing people, dismembering bodies, cooking Meth as a way to earn money to provide for your famly. Both show entertain, one shows the stupidity of some families and their demographic's, the other entertains with the brutality of killing, stealing and breakng the law. WOW I wonder which one will dull ones brain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I must have watched a different Breaking Bad................the one I watched showed people killing people, dismembering bodies, cooking Meth as a way to earn money to provide for your famly.
You Watch your Tongue
Don't talk Bad about Breaking Bad

On another note,Honey Boo Boo's family's only bringing in 40k a year for the show

Quote:
Reality star Honey Boo Boo is working on the cheap
Honey Boo Boo and family earn just $40K for first series of reality TV show

Old 09-06-2012, 05:23 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
I was flipping through channels on my way to Food Network and happened to see a chubby little girl wearing a dirty shirt spitting a mouthful of water at a man (her father??) on The Learning Channel??????

WHAT ARE PEOPLE LEARNING????

Old 09-06-2012, 05:30 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
But you see, that's not even close to true. There's plenty of excellent TV these days, and the proliferation of Cable means there's more niche TV to be shown. The problem is that the networks focus on the wrong things and cancel the more expensive shows, which usually tend to be the superior ones. The media just likes to focus on this trash because most of the people who write and read gossip columns are intellectually vacant and vapid.

The funny thing is that last night I was watching a program on the orbits of planets and how some planets have very different orbits...you know, intellectual scientific stuff on THE SCIENCE CHANNEL...and guess what I saw: A freaking commercial for "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo".

It was my first time actually seeing what this "show" was and I couldn't believe it. It was MUCH worse than I imagined. I thought it was just a show that followed one specific Toddler being exploited by her mother, but it's actually just another show about rednecks. Why do we need another redneck show? Why do we even need a single redneck show?

Why would I, someone who is watching a program on planetary orbits, have any desire to even see a preview of this trash?

No, if people like you contribute to the ratings that this kind of trash gets...yeah I have a problem with you.

People like you are the reason why "The History Channel" went from being intelligent and educational to being a pathetic redneck channel without any educational value whatsoever. You people turned A&E from a channel about culture to one about freaking toddlers, pedophiles and horrible mothers.

It's atrocious that anyone can watch this kind of filth and it says a lot about you as a person if you do.
You obviously would be happier watching the Rocket Scientist channel. I've heard they don't air those intrusive 30 second Honey Boo Boo promos. Or maybe use that time to channel surf like many normal folk do.

For someone so appalled and disgusted, you seem to be spending a lot of quality time on this thread.

I missed Honey Boo Boo last night BC CSPAN has no commercials, dang gum it.......

Old 09-06-2012, 05:52 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
I must have watched a different Breaking Bad................the one I watched showed people killing people, dismembering bodies, cooking Meth as a way to earn money to provide for your famly. Both show entertain, one shows the stupidity of some families and their demographic's, the other entertains with the brutality of killing, stealing and breakng the law. WOW I wonder which one will dull ones brain
My wife loves that show.
I don't get it.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:54 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
i watch this show to feel better about my life...oops

Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoCT View Post
Child abuse? In what way?

I'd rather watch this show than that ego-fest aka "Keeping Up with the Kardashians".
At Least the kardashians remind me of the show dynasty compared to the extremely hateful trash called here comes honey boo boo, even lizard lick towing is a lot better than this mess.

Yes Lizard Lick Towing is fake, but it's much more entertaining than crappy here comes honey boo boo, lizard lick towing is the dukes of hazzard of reality shows, even southern fried stings is better.

I Wish Jay Russell would investigate this family from here comes honey boo boo, I Root for him.

Crazy Comes A-Knockin' - Lizard Lick Towing - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPY8-x6hzSI&feature=plcp

Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
I know about how they are all under the same conglomerate, but advertising is supposed to appeal to the proper target demographic. Why anyone watching Science would ever want to watch this pathetic show or any that are similar is beyond me. The executives who run History, Discovery, A&E, etc. should be shot. They are contributing to the degradation of society by pushing this trash on us.

Why? Why would you watch? There are literally a thousand other channels out there, why watch this trash? Why not read a book or exercise instead of poisoning your brain with such nonsense? Even the Home Shopping Network would be better.

This horrible excuse for a show somehow has higher ratings than Breaking Bad, the undisputed best show on television. So more people in this country want to watch some fat rednecks and their moron spawn than want to watch one of the greatest dramas in the history of television?

It's sickening to me. I'm ashamed to be a part of the same species as the kind of people who would rather watch "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" than "Breaking Bad".
I actually exercise WHILE I'm watching Honey Boo Boo. It's one of the shows that keeps me entertained while on the treadmill.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times
I think it's hysterical.

They don't beat their kids, they don't take handouts, they pay their taxes and their kids are happy, healthy and clearly loved. The house is clean and tidy and they all clearly enjoy their time together, which is more than what I can say for a lot of families.

We can't all be middle class middle America.

I find the Kardashians far, far more disturbing.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 AM

990 posts, read 938,821 times
Quote:
Talk about dull brains. Breaking Bad is the exact opposite of what you're saying. Walter White is an anti-hero, you are supposed to dislike him because he's ruthless and lacks a moral code. Much of the show is about that whole struggle. His wife wants nothing to do with him. Even his meth-cooking partner finds him to be morally corrupt. Metacritic gave the show's current season a 99. Every reviewer except one gave it a perfect 100 score, which is better than any other scripted television program in the history of that website. Yes, it is violent, but so is the world. It does not glorify the violence, it paints it in a negative light, and it definitely does not glorify the drugs.

You see, it is a television program that takes more intellect than "haw haw, them rednecks is funny!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
You obviously would be happier watching the Rocket Scientist channel. I've heard they don't air those intrusive 30 second Honey Boo Boo promos. Or maybe use that time to channel surf like many normal folk do.
I WAS watching the rocket scientist channel. I was watching a program on astronomical orbit of exo-planets when I saw my first promo for this pathetic excuse for a show.

Quote:
For someone so appalled and disgusted, you seem to be spending a lot of quality time on this thread.

I missed Honey Boo Boo last night BC CSPAN has no commercials, dang gum it.......
I'm on the thread complaining about it. I'm annoyed that this program is getting so much press. I'm appalled that this show actually garners high ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV