Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 08:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times

Advertisements

'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo': Season finale achieves record breaking viewership - Nashville Pop Culture | Examiner.com

Apparently lots of women like this show, maybe it is for the recipes...spaghetti with ketchup?!

I have never seen this show...I can watch trailer trash any time I go to Wal Mart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 09:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo': Season finale achieves record breaking viewership - Nashville Pop Culture | Examiner.com

Apparently lots of women like this show, maybe it is for the recipes...spaghetti with ketchup?!

I have never seen this show...I can watch trailer trash any time I go to Wal Mart.

No... it's SKETTI. She made it on some talk show recently. You melt 2 sticks of butter and an 18 ounce bottle of ketchup together and put it over a pound of cooked spaghetti. May be delicious, but I'll never try it. Barf!

Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
OMG! And I thought Paula Dean had the corner on unhealthy, disgusting, recipes!

SKETTI....ketchup, butter, and spaghetti...I don't even think a dog would eat that...

I can see it now, "Honey Boo Boo---The Next Food Network Star"!

Old 09-22-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
OMG! And I thought Paula Dean had the corner on unhealthy, disgusting, recipes!

SKETTI....ketchup, butter, and spaghetti...I don't even think a dog would eat that...

I can see it now, "Honey Boo Boo---The Next Food Network Star"!

I think they "wrote" a book and it even has recipes in it. GROSS!

Old 02-21-2014, 05:27 PM

128 posts, read 177,682 times
Default That show, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

It must be popular it's been on a while now. I don't get it, why would anyone watch this?
I saw yesterday's (repeat)episode about the girls and June talking about needing more feminine pads. In walks Sugar Bear (The man of the house) and the girls ask & whine to him about getting them pads! WTF!? Why can't they get something like that for themselves? They can't get to a store? Why can't he tell them "No, get it yourself." I mean really, you know your going to need them every month so make sure your set with what is needed. I couldn't take watching anymore of this and turned the channel. Why does anyone watch this? It should be called, "Here comes a Dumb Show"

Old 02-21-2014, 05:53 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Because the viewing audience consists of morons?

Old 02-22-2014, 09:46 AM

I was shocked when that show got insane ratings!

I think people just like to watch because the people on this show act so trashy and disgusting and it makes the viewers feel better about themselves. I, for one, won't watch.

However, I have read a lot about the family and I have to say that I have a lot of respect and admiration for Mama June. The money they're making from the show goes into trust funds for the kids as well as to donations to an organization that helps poor people. Mama June said that before she met Sugar Bear, she was completely broke, alone, and had no help to support herself or her children. She could no longer work because of a work accident. This organization provided food for her family as well as gifts at Christmastime so she donates to them all the time and at Christmas, they do a "Christmas House" thing with Santa, etc and raise money and collect toys to give to this organization. That, I think, is awesome!

Old 02-22-2014, 04:31 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I was shocked when that show got insane ratings!

I think people just like to watch because the people on this show act so trashy and disgusting and it makes the viewers feel better about themselves. I, for one, won't watch.

However, I have read a lot about the family and I have to say that I have a lot of respect and admiration for Mama June. The money they're making from the show goes into trust funds for the kids as well as to donations to an organization that helps poor people. Mama June said that before she met Sugar Bear, she was completely broke, alone, and had no help to support herself or her children. She could no longer work because of a work accident. This organization provided food for her family as well as gifts at Christmastime so she donates to them all the time and at Christmas, they do a "Christmas House" thing with Santa, etc and raise money and collect toys to give to this organization. That, I think, is awesome!
And, what impressed me about this, is that they donated before they started making this extra money on the show. I know wealthy people who don't donate at all.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:43 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
People will love anything/anyone on tv if they can find one thing about a person they can identify with or like going brain dead. That's why all the "I really respect them" posts. But it's not really that, they just love trash tv and need an excuse.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:42 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Because the viewing audience consists of morons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People will love anything/anyone on tv if they can find one thing about a person they can identify with or like going brain dead. That's why all the "I really respect them" posts. But it's not really that, they just love trash tv and need an excuse.
Entertainment, not everyone in this country as negative/boring as ...... city data posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV